How'd it go today?

Once I pulled the head on an old flatty with a stuck exhaust valve and got to turning the motor over and smacking the valve back down with a hammer each time it stuck and squirting oil down the port a the same time. Freed it up in a couple of minutes. Put the head back on and was running fine there after.

We had a Wisconsin V4 stick a valve back in the 70's. Dad had it worked on. I guess they were famous for sticking valves and the mechanic recommended running a "top lube" additive in the gas. Wynnes was the brand I think. Not sure how effective the stuff is, but we never stuck another.

Once I pulled the head on an old flatty with a stuck exhaust valve and got to turning the motor over and smacking the valve back down with a hammer each time it stuck and squirting oil down the port a the same time. Freed it up in a couple of minutes. Put the head back on and was running fine there after.

:drink: You have the picture of plane B, Also the concept and experience :D
I will also explore a tad deeper to see if something broke. Tappet or something...
Ahhh the fun of flat heads. Gotta love em :)
Been wanting this all my life.. What was I thinking...
I think two shows inspired me as a kid to have a Willys some day...
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2ox0c5Pxp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxdxk0RpBQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
So of course a Land Rover like Frans has or a Toyota Landcruiser would be awesome as well :D

Interesting reading.
Thanks for the link, Jay.
So the ½moon is an urban myth.
Well the heart is not.
In fact I'll go take a picture of our bathroom door to prove it.

P9050007.JPG

The hearts are made of desert ironwood and cottonwood, hand carved by a self proclaimed prophet who gave my wife and I a ride about 25 years ago when we were hitchhiking around in the US.
He gave us those hearts as a gift and we've kept them around since.
When we finally finished the new bathroom 2 years ago, it seemed logical to put them on the door:)

Nope, one hole and a giant hottub:D

Best two holer I ever tried was when I worked in Switzerland. The farm I lived on was buildt on a mountainside, in 3 stories with the traditional middle European walkway around the top storey.
The outhouse was on the downhill side , attached to the walkway and had a 45 foot log enclosed drop like a vertical shit chute that ended over the stable midden........................................PLOP!

When the wind was blowing up the valley, there'd be a stiff breeze coming up that chute and hitting one bare behind.
Not too comfy in the dead of winter:lol:

The picture is not the actual farm, I just stole one off the internet to illustrate.
Bauernhof.JPG

During bivwac field exercises in Ft. Lewis, Wa. we had 12, yes 12, holers in four rows. Outside no cover at all. In the winter mornings ice would cover the seats and only those that had to go bad sat first. Once warmed up there would be a line to use that warm hole.

During bivwac field exercises in Ft. Lewis, Wa. we had 12, yes 12, holers in four rows. Outside no cover at all. In the winter mornings ice would cover the seats and only those that had to go bad sat first. Once warmed up there would be a line to use that warm hole.

That takes the phrase "hot seat" to a whole new meaning.

Slept in today, and just chilled. First day off in awhile. Was awesome just to sit around, do some minor chores, and chill. We've had storms rolling through since yesterday afternoon. About done now. Dad got a storm call, Locust tree fell onto an RV, so thats job #1 in the morning. I'll be sure to grab a few pics.

The term "outhouse" sure isn't very dignified. I prefer the use of a "water closet", even when there is no water. 8)

I always thought the cutout in the door was to compose poetry to in the evening when the moon was big. Guess I was wrong.

Ha ,as a young boy about 3 or 4 we lived on an 80 acre farm which had running water but no bathroom,two holer with a path .Actually a board walk .

Now if anybody can remember back that far when little kids have to go they have to go right now ,not 5 or 10 minutes later .Damned there I'd go on a dead run and the damned thing would be occupied .What to do,aha drop trou right by the board walk .My motrher always blamed the dog .:lol:

When I was about 16 I got a job hauling hay for my friend's relatives up in the San Antone Valley between Patterson and SAn Jose and they had a outhouse. With the San Jose phone book for paper. Not very absorbant.

They always kept an old Sears and Roebuck catalog in the privy just in case they ran out of tissue .Sure was better than a corn cob I'll bet .Rough !

Back