How'd it go today?

Got the wife all moved out this week, and "had hell" week in both my computer classes at school. looks like I'm going to have to purchase something that runs MS windows...:|: Going up to a family and friends reunion this afternoon to see my Dad's side of the family.

I found out the company that leases the property adjacent to mine has cut an opening in the berm they were instructed to build by the county drain commissioner and have been dumping out their trucks on my property again.:X I stopped in to talk and told them they had a choice of repairing the berm before they dump another truck or I'll just call my lawyer....I'm really tired of these guys treating my property as their dumping ground and am about worked up enough to cause them some real problems again:evil:

The fastest hawk I've ever seen is a little sparrow hawk .They can hit so fast and be gone so quickly all you see is a little puff of feathers from the snatched bird .They're only about as big as a blue jay .

That would be the Merlin falco columbarius.
The Peregrine falcon has the highest top speed in a dive of any bird on Earth.

I've seen falcons take chippy birds right off a wire, leaving a puff of feathers in the air and the other birds on the wire not knowing where their buddy went. What intrigues me the most about it is that the falcon can avoid hitting the wire. I imagine a few have over time but none that I have ever seen.

What are they dumping?

water, soil, and such that they suck up out of construction sites and the like. They've added about 6-8" to the grade around a large cherry and some other smaller trees.

These same guys haven completely buried a line of young arbs 4-5' tall that are three feet on my side of the line when they plow snow more than once.

Made it back home from family reunion. Enjoyed visiting, laughed for hours with my cousins. Played a little music then headed home.

Estimated all day, got 40+ done, still lots to do though, been a busy year!

That little tiny hawk I mentioned AKA sparrow hawk is the American kestrel .

They got the bright idea a few years back to have some Perigine falcons brought in to control the damned pigons in down town .I just happened to be looking out the window one day in winter time and there sit one in a tree outside. I'm about 3-4 miles from where the nest supposedly was .

The people got to complaining that the falcons were an inhuman way to rid the pigons so they caught them and moved them else where .So the pigons which are like flying cows took over the old part of town once again and continue to white wash the buildings .

My bad, Al.
The Merlin was called Pigeon hawk, not sparrow hawk.
At least I remembered the latin name right.

By stealing the eggs from the nest and incubating them.
Which is why we have volunteers guarding the few peregrine falcon nests we have in Denmark.
( 2-3 at the moment)

Were pushing 100 here and elk season has been open over a week now. I'm too busy to hunt:cry: and it's killing me! Focusing on late buck season to stay sane.

Just redid some oil lines on the Jeep and took her for a spin.. Seems I need to go get some fuel. I do not want to chance running out of gas so I need to take the lil pick up with some cans.... Then on to the chipper oil and a set of blades to sharpen. I also need to get started on the 71 Datsun brake lines. Tad hot out, for me anyway, so I am cooling off before my next round :lol:
Next week, if the ticking in the valves subsides in the jeep, new rear shocks... Oh happy day... :lol:
One thing at a time.

Back