How'd it go today?

I am being a lazy POS. I ran some good esties this mourning for my brothers brother in law who has a few rental properties. One was a large split ash over a rental hame that has to go IMO so I think that is a lock. Then a big elm with root flare canker but no signs of rot, yet, and is sound (drilled and sounded the trunk) that just needs some dead wooding otherwise.

My man is out hedging today and I've been doing maintenance on some of the machinery. Low and behold my weedwhacker has taken a walk somewhere. I've talked to all the in-laws and what not and I'm pretty sure someone's piked it. I'm furious about now, villa squisher is going into major lockdown mode.

Theivery is the worst.

Besides that everything is good (I have to keep telling myself that so I don't blow a gasket).

Finished an account today and did some pick up work.
My friendly competition was working on the property chipping the branches the HO hacked off his trees. Chipping very dead and dry live oak is not my idea of fun so no biggie. Then the job grew to a mistletoe removal and a small bull pine removal. :/: Hmmmmm. Sorta no biggie and the HOs were worried I would be offended. I told them no, booked a couple more dates with their trees since they felt guilty and we'll see what comes of it. Paula was up in the little live oak with gaffs, a weaver torture devise and a couple of 5/8ths ropes. She dislikes climbing and mistletoe and her hubby was on another job. I offered her a rec climb to show her a more comfortable way to climb. She might take me up on it. Maybe I will help with their education .... :dontknow:

I'm going beserk here. Time to pull the trigger on the electric dog collar perimeter fence I think, as well as maybe camera's too. No one is lawfully coming into my place now when we're not home by vehicle anyways, locked chain across the entrance.

A little earlier the meter man showed up and I was getting ready to ambush him before I saw the sign on the truck. The dogs do a good job of barking and growling but they're stuck in a kennel. That will be the key I think, having the dogs able to be loose.

Sounds like you are sure the whacker was stolen. Theft is a terrible violation.

I'm thinking for sure, it was the only thing laying out in plain site. I had actually been using it as a bit of a gauge of how secure the new 'neighborhood' is. Still sucks to lose it though, it was a nice Stihl pro model trimmer. I thought that maybe my last home was kind of overkill with the six foot chainlink all the way around but alas it was not. I do feel violated, and it's left me feeling angry.

thieves suck. hope you get this works out squish.

Time to take my nap for the drive down to KY. Leaving at midnight, meeting my Bud at a gas station on the way and we're gone. "bout 16-18 hrs of driving + the time we spend there. Glad I put all the $ into the jeep that I did in the last few months. should be good to go...

Damn Erik. Glad you weren't hurt worse. What's the voltage on one leg of 480? Does it have a high leg like 240 does? Sounds pretty irresponsible of the last guy.

Well I can't beat electrocution, damn! I did manage to smash the sh$t out of my knuckle on the C&D chipper. Pretty sure it was broke but I can finally bend it okay after a few hours.

jp:D

We need a big old mess of Good Karma about any minute, now, the way I see it.

It looks like I am approved for Financial Aid for the Fall and Spring semesters... does this help? :D
I'll know more in the morning. I was gone all day, so I didn't find this out (checking my online school account) until this evening when I got home.

Alive Johnny 5. Nice 4 mile run. Loving this cool weather!

Emergency tree removal today. Laying Sod on Friday constitutes an emergency nowadays...

What's the voltage on one leg of 480? Does it have a high leg like 240 does? Sounds pretty irresponsible of the last guy.

One leg of 480 is 480 volts. At this shop, 480 nominal runs about 495 to 500 actual.

Yep; that's why the last guy isn't there anymore. I've been cleaning up his messes for over a year now.

today was day 6 of 14 hr days working on storm cleanup. most of the big stuff is done, now to go back and get finished on the jobs we started to clear a house, deck, etc. I dont know how guys actually chase this crap, im sick of seeing it and hearing about it. my schedule went from a month out to 2 months in 30 minutes.

Could not TD the black oak on at the B&B until 10:30 when the guests left. No biggie, just made for a shorter day and I will catch that little chipping job next week as I go by the place. Had one limb hang up in the tree next to it as they were pretty intertwined. Already knew I may have to whittle it out so it was part of the estimate anyway. Again, no biggie. HO will do the clean up of the brush and finish cuttin fire wood. All I had to do was leave the roads/trails clear, not hit the water tank, pool or shed. No biggie. Took one side off it so it would clear the tank, swinging the limbs with cuts and letting them bomb. Put a pull rope in the tree as I suspected it to be rotten in the center. Sure 'nough. It was. 24" dbh and the hinge popped at 4" width. I heard that sucka start to pop and made tracks :lol: Not quite exactly where I wanted it, but still a decent drop into the area we had to work with.
The guy has a walnut he wants done and a pondo lifted, so more work to come from there :)

Damn Erik. Glad you weren't hurt worse. What's the voltage on one leg of 480? Does it have a high leg like 240 does? Sounds pretty irresponsible of the last guy.
480 Y to ground is 277 .480 delta is 480 .

High leg 240 is 240 delta with the center tap of one transformer in the bank having a center tap ground from which you get two legs of 120 volts .From that center tap which is grounded to the high leg you get around 190 to 208 volts depending on how well balanced the system is .

In the case of three phase 120/208 it's a y connected bank which gives 120 volts to ground from any of the three legs and 208 between the phases .Simple on y to figure ,single phase voltage times the square root of 3 which is 1.73 . Electrical trivia 101 .

Never ran into 480 Wye much; most systems I work on are designed around 480 Delta.

Back