How'd it go today?

Nice looking place stig (your house).

Today went well, humid as hell though. Small job this morning, then Doug and I deadwooded an ugly Maple, and put three cables in it that the boss sold that it didn't need. Oh well.

Went to my house and spread some chips after work, met two more "neighbors" (down the street).

got some paperwork/computer work done, paid some bills online, had a light lunch then went off to another 10km bike ride, in the rain today, bleaugh. Hit a bike shop on the way home and picked up a good helmet for Bub as well as a pair of shell pants for me to ride in when the weather stinks, in order to keep me warmer and drier. Back to work tomorrow.

Picked up the van, dropped off the truck, hopefully they can get the truck done as fast as the van, and they clean it out as good as well :lol:

I tried to spend some money today but wasn't very successful. I went out shopping for a new desk but the only place open was Office Depot and I didn't see anything I liked. This afternoon I figured I would go test drive a new Mustang but the Ford dealer was closed as well. Probably for the best, I'm 6-12 months away from being in a position to buy.

How much is my saw repair bill again?

I get this call last night ,my mother in a panic .Wth all the rain her basement had a foot of water in it .As it turns out the flippen sump pump switch got blocked some how . Back home at 10 pm .

I'm going back out today to see if it got the furnace and water heater ,hope not .

Just got off the phone with TNT Dave looking for some skidloader parts .Now off to fix the damned sump pump and work on my Monarch lathe that's been giving me fits .Imagine that being a plumber and an electical engineer all in one day .:)

Just got off the phone with TNT Dave looking for some skidloader parts .Now off to fix the damned sump pump and work on my Monarch lathe that's been giving me fits .Imagine that being a plumber and an electical engineer all in one day .:)

You still futzing around with the thyratron issue, Al?

I went back for advisement this morning, got some tentative schedules worked up, so I've been running around getting the application materials filled out and checked off of my list. I've got to repay a favor by showing up at a member's banquet for my credit union, since I got a letter of reference from one of my former customers/current "financial adviser".

It's a free meeting anyhow, not that it should not be. :lol:

Yes but it's not the big tubes .I found a couple of good ones that both fire .It's something else I just quite haven't figured out yet .

Dropped a few dead or uprooting trees today. Got to leave it all on the ground. Thanks Parks Staff. Crew boss dropped a 4.5' x 80' broken top DF snag, tomorrow we have a 5' cedar to drop because its hollow and in a campsite. They won't close the sites it "threatens". We are working at the most visited State Park in the system.
I just came across my camera. I'll aim to get some pics.

Looking forward to seeing them. Those short fat ones like the DGF today can be a bother to get to commit to the face if they don't have some lean, eh?

Ran two estimates one for a scary pruning under some high voltage (won't be doing that one) and a pruning of four small limbs for an old lady that reminded of my grandma. Oh yeah and it was raining.

Rain's been killing me too, man.

80's out today, hot as hell. Some easy removal job, brought home a half dozen nice cedar logs to mill for my mud room. Bid a job after work, then went to the house and finished the last sheet rock demo on the main floor. Sigh of relief.

Looks like a Japanese Maple Paradise Koala ..One of my favorite trees. :)

Played around in a nice sized valley oak today. Been in this one last year I believe. Had some storm damage and I doctored it up. Minimal damage compared to everyone else around the area. Pretty much just cleaning up breaks as the HO is not into the fractal pruning look :lol:
Tops took the worst hit so I spent a lot of time in the upper portion of the 85 foot high by 85 foot wide canopy. Beauty of a day. Just wish my stomach felt better. Still have a sour stomach from the bug that swept through our house. Just happy made it through the day.
More work to do over there. I think the HO is going to send us out further on the property after I doctor up the trees within 70 feet or so of the house and the landscaping is done. :D
Then went and did an estimate on some brush removal in one of the neighborhoods we are pretty much "in". Landed that one. Not a real big job. All adjacent properties in a close area though. Always makes for more work. They (the neighbors/clients) see us and then come by and schedule something to be done.
Feels good to be home. Get some leftovers on for the kiddos. Katy has a night off and is doing homework. Wyatt went down to San Diego to visit a cousin where he wants to go to college. House feels a little quiet. :)

I removed a dead pine at the round about in oviedo, spent the rest of the day looking at a few things like a pick up, and a trailer. Also looked at a walk behind. Just got done putting the interior back together in my blazer.

Looking forward to seeing them. Those short fat ones like the DGF today can be a bother to get to commit to the face if they don't have some lean, eh?

This one had enough for about a 1/3 depth face. Otherwise, I figure cut 'em deeper.

We have double cylinder Silvey jacks to use, too, once they are repaired.
My crew boss was telling me an interesting anecdote about cutting a big one with the big boss, who was in the field for the day, working the jack. CB was saying to watch the pressure and let him know if it was increasing above or decreasing below 10,000 pounds. When it was increasing, he's smack the wedges some, when it started to decrease, he told the BB that he was going to get behind another great big tree, and when he yelled, the BB was supposed to come running. BB was like "so I'm supposed to keep jacking until you yell at me. I don't know if I like this." CB called him to cover, but then it didn't tip. BB was a little hesitant going back to pump the jack some more, but did it. He got a taste of the day to day in the field, out from behind the computer.

I dumped a small white spruce in my yard that had the top broken out of it. Maybe 26" at the stump and 40' tall. I was down to about a 1" hinge and I only had one wedge handy, and it still wouldn't go. So I shoved it over with the tractor.:lol:

Back