How'd it go today?

Two late nights this weekend for me, way out of the norm. Friday until 4 a.m., Saturday until 1 a.m. Whoa!

Not sure how people do that shit every weekend, I'm a mope! I did manage to wash up my tractor this morning, getting it ready to bring to the house for mowing duties. Brought my parts washer there this morning, and grabbed a check and looked at more work from a job last thursday. Ate to much cookies and crap today, and it's humid as hell out right now.

I spent the easter holidays whitewashing my house.
Some of the outer walls date back to before California was invented ( 1846) and were in need of some care. That was done last year, so now I could finally whitewash the place 3 times and tar the foundation.
One can almost get snowblind from looking at it now:)

I kept expecting to have one of y'all come by with a dead rat and a piece of string and ask for a turn with the brush.

P1000418.JPG P1000413.JPG P1000410.JPG

Woke up with a head ache and body aches this morning. Lilly has a bad cough still from being sick. Boys are about over it. Rob still has it. Katy had to be at work at 5AM. I called my Mom and canceled our Easter visit. One of my sisters came up to Mom and Dad's. Made my apologies and went back to bed. Just woke up again at 4PM. Going to eat some soup, catch up on yous guys and probably go back to bed :P

"Feed a cold - starve a fever!" Get well!

and emergan C the powdered drink mix I swear by that stuff for getting over colds and flues

I kept expecting to have one of y'all come by with a dead rat and a piece of string and ask for a turn with the brush.

Nice job. A Samuel Clemens fan.8)

I usually do a clean up around home at easter but it's raining, so I got bugger all done. Spent the day with my mother and sister. Nice day.

I wondered how many would get that reference...I was expecting many from this side of the pond would, but no sure how internationally his works are read.

I got it, but just barely. I had forgotten that it was a dead rat and a string.
I had a big day last Monday. Put in a few hours in the bucket and at 5:00 or so I was still going strong and was packing wood out of the yard and throwing it in my dump trailer. I was thinking to myself that my working out is paying off, well on tuesday my back started hurting right below my shoulder blades. On Wednesday I could barely get out of bed and it took the rest of the week to recover.

Looks good Stig. re whitewash, we still have smoe mediterranean folks that insist on whitewashing the trunks of their fruit trees. Doesnt make a hella lot of sense seeing as how we live in a coastal rainforest rather than a mediterranean desert. :rollleyes:
Recipe is as Al says, Ag lime, water and sometimes a bit of soft soap, a rare commodity around here.

Kentucky Vacation

Vacation is over. Rode a little over 2200 miles. Brought home a few gifts.

Attachments

• IMG00146.jpg
    IMG00146.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00156.jpg
    IMG00156.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00152.jpg
    IMG00152.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00153.jpg
    IMG00153.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00154.jpg
    IMG00154.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00158.jpg
    IMG00158.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00149.jpg
    IMG00149.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00150.jpg
    IMG00150.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00157.jpg
    IMG00157.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00147.jpg
    IMG00147.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks good Stig. re whitewash, we still have smoe mediterranean folks that insist on whitewashing the trunks of their fruit trees. Doesnt make a hella lot of sense seeing as how we live in a coastal rainforest rather than a mediterranean desert. :rollleyes:

I spent a couple of winters in Israel, pruning citrus trees. The sun was unforgiving, so whitewashing the trunks made a lot of sense there. That was the first time I encountered that practise.

Burnham, I was kinda testing with the Samuel Clemens reference. I was interested in seeing how many of you would pick it up. He was after all, one of your famous authors.
So it was funny that the first one to comment on it was an Aussie:lol:

We did a rec/practise climb this afternoon. Trying to get in shape for the big ones in Cali.
Set the treeboats up, and found a few things that needed fine tuning.

The forest was at it's finest, just turning green.

P1000457.JPG P1000430.jpg P1000429.JPG P1000420.JPG

Found a new use for the throwline on a fishing reel, sending beer around the tree:D
P1000433.JPG

Good weather, good friends and a nice tree to climb.
What could be better?

I can't complain about how today went. I passed my pre-test, so it's more than likely game-on to finish applying to nursing school. I just wrapped up my day by rebuilding another lawnmower carburetor and doing it right the first time (hey, it's not my day job :P ). Now it's time for a shower because all I can smell is old gas/varnish and carb cleaner. :barf:

Back