How'd it go today?

In that matter of low pressure lines ,Toms' first bucket used to blow them constantly .For some reason that 45 foot little POS would bleed over from the high pressure to the low pressure .I put two relief valves in the SOB but it only slowed the blow outs and never cured the problem .He used to carry a 200 foot roll of replacement line and a dozen compression fittings with him and several bags of oil dry .

While I'm thinking about it ,go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a set of cutters used on plastic pipe and toss them in your tool box .They cost less than 10 bucks and are the cats meow for cutting tubing .

That sucks Brian. My new hydraulic pump is working fantastically on my bucket. It puts out a third less than my old pump and doesn't stall the tranny when you put a load on it. I went and weighed my trailer with the tractor in it and I'm not as bad as I thought. The total weight was 17,980 and the weight on the trailer only was 10,920. They are 5200 lb. axles so I'm good to go and was worrying over nothing. I went and bought a couple of chains for my 046 and drove up to Stockton to pickup the magneto for my Dad's RD-6. Should get that started today.

Keep a close eye on them. Some are okay but lately I've found most want to rake you over the coals if they can. Wife called me while working today complaining that the house was hot. Called out an AC company to check it out and call me with a price. Get call at 1o'clock that on top of the 90 dollar call out it would require a recharge of R22 at about 500 dollars. When asked why a 10 pound system cost so much to fill I was told " R22 is very expensive and almost impossible to get". I think he freaked when I asked him why he didn't go get it from the local HVAC supplier for the cost of 200 dollars a 30 pound cylinder. Ended up running over myself and getting the cylinder. Just got it recharged and blowing cold again. It's nice to relax in working central air.

This all on their dime, the system is only a year old so it's all warranty work here on out.

I've done that more times than I care to count Brian, hurts like bitch each and every one too!

Looks like a nasty slope to me Tucker. I was asked to a job like that once. I asked for permission to float the logs and retrieve them at a private boat launch. It was going to also take permits to run the logs in the lake. We also were going to schedule it for the off season to reduce boat traffic hazard. The HOA refused access to the launch so I refused the job and told them to go find someone with a yarder. :lol: As of a couple summers ago (couple years after the fact) the job was still untouched :lol:
Hats off to you taking on something like that.

Im not bragging when i say this, actually Im more whining but..... I take on jobs like that constantly. I have a large client list on that lake and I value it. They tend to be willing to pay well and I spend about a month each year working on that lake. Almost every single job is on an outrageous hill with no truck access. Below is what I commonly deal with. Houses close together on the water and we have to carry the trees up several flights of stairs to the roads. You can see an ash removal or 2 in progress on the right.

n785407286_1147628_4542.jpg

That sucks Brian. My new hydraulic pump is working fantastically on my bucket. It puts out a third less than my old pump and doesn't stall the tranny when you put a load on it. I went and weighed my trailer with the tractor in it and I'm not as bad as I thought. The total weight was 17,980 and the weight on the trailer only was 10,920. They are 5200 lb. axles so I'm good to go and was worrying over nothing. I went and bought a couple of chains for my 046 and drove up to Stockton to pickup the magneto for my Dad's RD-6. Should get that started today.

Steve, I figured you had 7000# axles on that trailer. That's what is on mine and the hubs and tires are the weak link in the system. With 5200# axles I'd be snapping hubs left and right due to the side loads on sharp turns.

Took down a 60ft elm stub. Dead, long go. No top, all rotted away. 60ft up, backlean to a powerline and 4 lane highway. About 15 feet from the highway. Im glad thats over and i can forget about it.

Sounds like money.
Went to breakfast with the family and some of the outlaws. Came home and rebuilt my composter stand and cut all the grass. Man, feels good other than needing a baler

No Butch. Ive been known to get on those spars in the past and chunk them out but Ive wised up to that shit. I managed to get a line up around a stub where a limb once grew and we pulled that over very smoothly and slowly. Too much pull and she would have broken apart up top and come down on me. Slow, steady, and smooth against it lean. Hinge crumbled while it was in motion but after it was committed to the lay. I dont trust dead elm. especially when its long gone and the top comes to an abrubpt 8"stub. Ive seen folks act like tough guys and rant on to man up regarding dead elm. Not me, that stuff has proven to be very unpredictable in my experiences with it.

Chris, I don't know about up stairs, but a good capstan winch can come in handy in your arsenal of tricks when moving logs uphill. The one the tree work goods places sell, pretty cool item. Not the chainsaw type.

Yes, Chris. Use one when occasionally tapping into the prefecture job of cutting the dead infested Pines, where all the wood has to be cut to a certain length and neatly stacked along with the brush, fumigated and covered with plastic....PITA! Often on steep ground, the winch works superlative for pulling up logs to be cut and bundled brush. I mean it's a little slow, but it sure is easier on your body. This is the one I recommend, a nicely made winch. Best with three strand. Costs some though. I see Bailey's has it for around $1300.

Attachments

• 4169Ep+yJfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    4169Ep+yJfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 55
made bacon and eggs for me and the boy, went grocery shopping with him afterwards, then home to lunch. Gramma came over and took him to Costco, I went for a 10Km bike ride. Home to some garden transplanting etc and wife made a lovely salmon and wild rice dinner when she got home from work. Now to internet time and chilling for the eve.

Sappy wood ...makes tasty food!

Light the fire, cook some food, relax.

Spend some time with my family...

Have a nice day.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Back