How'd it go today?

Stephen, your mail box is full. I won't be up in your neck of the woods this week. The school was in fact canceled, even tho the Fed. didn't shut down. We'll have to do it another time.

Today I did some reseeding and leveling of the lawn left over from the building addition .Needed but not my favorite thing to do .

I also actually used a chainsaw today .Evened up a 24" piece of red oak to set an anvil on .

Took the Jeep to work today as we had a really steep hill to continue brushing out. Up and over the hill it went and took our gear right to the spot we needed to start. Chocked the wheels. I fell on my butt more than a few times just walking this hill. Sure felt good to have the Willy's carry the gear back out :D
Came home and took the kids for another ride around the property :)

When I was 7 I spent a couple weeks with my grandfather at his summer house in Maine. He had an old Willys and would take me for rides out in the woods to mow down saplings, trek through the mud and pick wild blueberries. One time he pretended to get stuck and needed me to get out and push. Then he spun the tires just enough to get me good and muddy, but my pushing helped get it unstuck and we were on our merry way again. 8)

I just got home maybe 5 minutes ago, dead frikken tired. Got up at 5:30 this morning and I've been going hard all day non stop. I'm gonna have to take after Brian and stop working at 3.

You're still young, Bill. You can handle it. I'm looking forward to the phone slowing down a little. If the phone stopped ringing tomorrow I'd have enough residual work to stay busy until the end of the month if I wanted.

You're still young, Bill. You can handle it. I'm looking forward to the phone slowing down a little. If the phone stopped ringing tomorrow I'd have enough residual work to stay busy until the end of the month if I wanted.

It still sucks, pruned 50 medium laurel oaks in maitland, removed 16 norfolk island pines,then went to lake mary to prune 10 queen palms.

My dad was into Willys Jeeps big time .He did around a dozen frame off restorations .The last one he did is sitting in the barn which is parts from two or three . There must be enough engine parts in his garage to do several engines .

My dad was into Willys Jeeps big time .He did around a dozen frame off restorations .The last one he did is sitting in the barn which is parts from two or three . There must be enough engine parts in his garage to do several engines .

That could be handy to know Al... ;)

I am really looking forward to just tinkering with it. Work all the little gremlins out. :/:
I like vehicles I can fix on the fly with a set of wrenches and a couple screw drivers. :D
Not to mention duct tape and bailing wire. :lol:

We finished a job we have been working on since fall, the weather has stopped us for long periods.
Removed 7 trees, stumps and all and took down 44meters of fenceline, consisting of 3 different old fences between the clients property and 3 neighbours.
Today we finished putting up the new 6 foot high board fence. Everything was going good , sun was shining, the fence was arrow straight and looking real fine,when one of the neighbours came out and started complaining that the new fence was 4" ( yes four frigging inches!!!) too far over his property line.
Of course he didn't see fit to mention that when we were ramming the new fence posts down, nope, had to wait till almost all the board had been nailed in place.
I had found two official property dividing posts and set the fence line so it intersected both, so he didn't really have a case.
Problem was, he just kept going on and on and on. When I asked him if we should cut the fence down and move it 4", he wouldn't really answer, just kept saying that it was in the wrong place and it would cause trouble later when he had to sell his house.( Like we all know, first thing prospective buyers do, is have a surveyer come in to check if the fences are in the right place)

Finally my temper was getting the better of me, so I told my client that we would go have lunch and he could deal with the a......!

When we came back everything was ok, seems like the guy just needed to complain, didn't really want anything done.

But he sure managed to ruin an otherwise fine day for me.

Sorry, just had to went!
Thanks for listening:)

Good day today, sun is shining finally. Wrecked two White Oaks I looked at last fall. Couldn't remember what they looked like had me nervous I was going to be there a long day. Had them on the ground and chipped by 12:30. The landscaper I was doing the job for was cutting the wood up, and splitting it. Everything went well, and a nice climb. Fixing to head to the bike shop to get a new tube so I can go riding tonight.

Knocked out a decent pine today, then trimmed a small cedar hedge, then fell some fir trees and limbed and bucked them up. Got a $100 tip out of the last job, which I promptly split with my employee and we both went home happy as clams.

Hmph, on and off rain now its spotty snow, weird weather. That and a really nice car goes up for sale soon, anyone wanna pool some money together? We will need about 5 million bucks. Give or take. :D
Large%20Image.jpg

Had just one of those days. Started cleaning up the storm damage on the place we were supposed to continue with ladder fuel reduction and tree spacing today. Broken and thrown trees everywhere. I don't know how, but I spilled the last gallon (and I normally carry two) of bar oil on site. DOH!
Had to run back to town as no one had any close to the account..
Came back to the site and felled some trees, pole sawed some hangers and our area we had cleared for the HO's prior to the storm was pretty much thinner of trees and cleaned up. I have some root failure trees in the general area to show the HO for removal. Probably have to climb some others to TD hangers and try to keep some tree.
Worked on the Jeep tonight to calm down the sticky exhaust valve. Changed the oil and filter, radiator cap and hose. Now I need to go get some acetylene and try braising the radiator after I pull it. It is only a tiny drip of a leak, but it will get worse. Have to take it to work tomorrow to pull wood out of the creek area. Soooooo next day off when ever that is. New radiator is pricey. Might have this one recored but I have to check around to see who can and will.
Bathing the kiddies and then I can get my calls done. :)

Rode the Harley 700 miles today. Stopped in Evansville, Indiana. Went ahead and checked into the room for 2 nights. With the weather rolling in, I'm predicting I just sit here all day tomorrow. I don't need to be in Louisville, KY until Saturday evening. Surely there will be a break in the weather long enough for the last 90 miles of the trip.

Weather was fine today. Wind blew like crazy!!

Snowed 1/2 ft here today, only 1 crew out for 2 hours until they called it quits. Roads are a mess, tonnes of accidents. Prob no work tomorrow too. Supposed to snow tonight too, so much for spring..........

700 mile tour 8) as I get more stoked over the inoa/ international Norton owners assoc. rally in the Catskills of NY in July. I have been lucky to get in a 100 mile ride w/o the girl once in the past month:|:
Good day today five smallish pines with some development/Site prep wounds, then demossed and de-vined large oak. Home to news I got the bid on a large oak prune in a rotary and it was high enough to know I can spend the time. Might have to make up a set of them samich boards ya all are having fun with.;)

Back