How'd it go today?

I got to chase a fertilizer spreader today that was flinging prilled lime! Then I attacked a few overgrown shrubs, then collected my paycheck for last months work ;-)

Tomorrow is going to be different, I get to teach a pruning seminar at a townhouse strata for a couple hours, hands on rather than classroom, I am just going to wing it.

I think it would be hard to really plan for a class for people who already know a thing or two about rigging. One thing I liked about Mark Chisholm when i took some of his classes is that he gave a little speal, then he asked people what direction they want to take the class.

For what ever its worth, have fun!

Slayed gray pines all day and only used 1.5 gallons of fuel. :lol: 044 was acting up and the 066 only came off the quad once :lol:
SO 60cc saws use less fuel per hour on smaller trees.. ;)

Saw this still there on the way to work today.... Not really sure what/who... Line clearance obviously. But jeeeez... No one seems to know anything so far :/:
Right on the Main too Hwy 140 ....

Attachments

• P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 4
Pics look like crew got kicked off property in the middle of the job. SOP is often to leave the mess until job is allowed to be finished.

This is what have gone through the saws so far this logging season.
I haven't found time to get rid of the empties yet.
P1000382.JPG

They are empty except for two.
And not anywhere near the house.

Or my insurance guy would have a fit as well.

And as you can see, Sam is keeping the pyromaniacs away:D

Well off to a rugby game, should be there just about all day, supposed to rain 2" through out the day, thank God for a astro truf feild or it would be a lot worse!

I'll report back with a few pictures later.

That considered a reportable quantity here, you have to fill out a report every year and are subject to inspections to make sure it is stored properly

This is what have gone through the saws so far this logging season.
I haven't found time to get rid of the empties yet.
View attachment 31302

Seeing those drums caused a flashback from my childhood. When I was a kid about 7 yrs old my dad ran a fuel dock for commercial fishing boats and we had drums like that all over our yard. One day my little brother and I found a book of matches and he wants to see if he can see the bottom of the drum, so he lit one and held it over the top. It blew sky high with a boom the whole town heard! Totally skinned his head from his eyebrows up. He's 57 now and some people STILL call him skinhead. After that, the fuel drums were moved.

Oh they can squawk if you have over a certain amount setting around in drums .I have no idea what the amount is .Not a problem unless it catchs fire and causes damage and a claim .Then they show you the fine print .

I had about 150 gallons one time of leaded off road fuel because it was left over from a constuction job in a 500 gallon portable tank we had on the job site .They had to pump it down to move the tank and would not credit the left over gas so I took it home .Geeze it took me a couple of years to use it all up it the old tractors .

Just installed a hydraulic filter setup on the log loader. Why it doesn't have one from factory is beyond me.

Attachments

• DSC00196.JPG
    DSC00196.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 2
Went down to my creek on flood watch this morning. Cleaned out ice and debris anticipating big rise tonight/tomorrow. I have 2 concrete bridges and a set of double 6 foot pipes. Its kind of fun work, but not so much in the rain.

I don't know why some don't use a return line filter Willie .It isn't like they cost all that much and I should think it would be better for the system . The return line doesn't have any pressure on it to speak of unless the filter gets clogged .

Yeah, and that is a pressure hose, not that it matters, just more expensive than low pressure stuff

I had those, laying around, one is a bit too long (hence the funky kink), but I didn't have to spend any $ on them.

They are cheap as hell from Surpluscenter. Those cost me $6 each.

Back