How'd it go today?

Me too. The problem is, can I find it when I need it. I know I have some weld-on mounts for safety chain on my trailer. The genius that built it put on 5/16 u-bolts for a mount. Can I remember where I put them? Not yet.

Oh they can squawk if you have over a certain amount setting around in drums .I have no idea what the amount is .Not a problem unless it catchs fire and causes damage and a claim .Then they show you the fine print .

I had about 150 gallons one time of leaded off road fuel because it was left over from a constuction job in a 500 gallon portable tank we had on the job site .They had to pump it down to move the tank and would not credit the left over gas so I took it home .Geeze it took me a couple of years to use it all up it the old tractors .

The biggest issue here, and I'd suspect everywhere these days, is not fire or explosion, but spillage control and containment.

Well that too B .I'm not sure of the amount though before you have to build containment dikes .

My bud has a waste oil burner he heats a 60 by 100 foot shop and he has about 2500 or more gallons of used motor oil . Although he could have likely hidden the fact he did put containment in .

With fuel storage it could be a problem .The EPA is so fussy about underground tanks and the insurance compnies with above ground it's hard to say how to handle it .

Internet and cable went out in a storm we had yesterday. Earilest they can fix it is tomorrow, so I'm sitting in a Panera right now, getting some free wifi.

Spent yesterday cleaning and sharpening a few saws. Got one 044, the 460, and the 660, and my 192T up and running, fairly sharp. Spent about 3 hours today cutting firewood with the 044, 660, and 460, testing them out. Something is up with the 460, wants to shut down after a few seconds of idling, 660 was running good, just need to touch with the chain by hand later and it will be good to go with a 36" bar. The 044 ran good, but the oil cap was busted eariler and it finally gave out today, so I ended up putting the 20" bar on the 660. Man, that was fun to run for about an hour!!!

Canopy raised and deadwooded an elm at my house, helped my wife on a native shrub planting project down by our wetland, had burritos looking over the Sound in downtown Olympia, and it didn't rain a drop today. My wife, Amy, and I decided to have one computer free night per week. We have no TV, but have netflix.

Landed a thrown tree job... Grey pine fell over onto a couple oaks. Up rooted. Ground is just soaked.
Was supposed to see another tree job today and the lady was not home when I called. Our schedules were just off a bit and I will check with her tomorrow.
Seth sang in church today so that was my morning. Levi opted out and Lilly was going to stay home anyway.
Had lunch with the preschool teacher and some kids..
Came home and hid from the rain :lol:

Didn't we have an orchid thread? I did a search and came up with nada. We picked up 4 new orchids at the show today, and 2 new ones over the last couple days. Plus, we have some we already had blooming.

There was, I'll bump it for you. Nice pictures.8)

Took down a big branch by myself today, would have been one cut but nothing's easy here anymore.

No access as usual. Some fancy rope work, I still amaze myself sometimes.:D

I had to get my yearly check up from the doc today . Fit as a fiddle .

Later I tinkered a tad bit with the pristene Mac 805 I got from Cut-4-fun this weekend .With any luck I'll have it putting by weeks end if not sooner .

Ok day at school today. Internet is back up.

Dad picked up a cool job today. A day of pruning and removals. The main removal has honey bee's in the trunk down low, so we're getting a bee keeper in to hopefully remove them. Going to sharpen up some climbing saws, and touch up the 044's and 660 this week in preparation for whatever we do this weekend. Looking forward to doing some tree work soon!!!

Spread some chips this morning, to help control the wash out from the rain we had. Ashly's aunt had to climb out of her window where she lives near the river, the water was so high down there. Roads flooded, cars floating, schools closed, crazy.

Sharpened some saws for Wendsdays job. Small Maple take down. Contemplating just taking the loader there, and chipping elsewhere. Hmm.

Ended up making a new mailbox post too today. Wasn't happy with my timber frame style one, and never put it up. I figure the post office is going to get mad about holding the mail, so I'll install it tomorrow. I'll take some pics, made it out of cedar logs, looks pretty cool. If I can only find a market for them, it'd be pretty fun to do for extra money.

My day was good, hung out with the boy in the morning, hit an outdoor store around noon and picked up some gunk for my bike, he was behaving well so I replaced his two turtle lights that I used to run on his stroller which then became his flashlights, now long since deceased. For $3.75 each they gave full value. As for the bike parts it was a front mudflap that mounts within the steering tube (necessary as the shocks dont have the screw hole that most flaps use) and an airhorn getup instead of a bell to warn the pedestrians :D :/: Spent the afternoon doing some spring cleaning. Paying work lined up tomorrow through Saturday.

A pine over the primary in the back yard and the one behind it by ft, a small cherry and some sucker removal on a sweet gum. One more pine same site in the am growing up through prized dogwood, speed lining fun if I am lucky not 100% sure with the roof to clear and road so close, we shall see. If the same kid is watching tomorrow I'll give him the camera!

Last edited:
Hey Jay, he goes to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get full clearance for work. Not climbing yet, but at least get the boot off that he has to wear so he can run ropes and the chain saw when need be.

Back