How'd it go today?

I'm the same way with my tools. I've almost always supplied my own saws. I can't stand picking up a saw I know I left sharp, only to find the chain trashed, or there is no gas/oil around. Yup, I've got the 394 in the trunk of the car.:lol: With my timber/woodworking tools, it goes a step further. I supply all those tools as well, but don't even think about looking at them without getting express written permission. Touching them without permission? Not a good situation.:/:

Joel, I'm way too much of a perfectionist to ever go out on a job on somebody else's truck with their gear. If I'm going then so is my truck and my gear. I don't like yelling at lesser organized or prepared people because their gear sucks, and they don't like it either. So my gear comes with me, no exceptions.

Thanks for the concern, guys. I think I'll live. :P

I'm the same way Brian, only if i see someone that i didn't give the ok to using one of my saws,death from above is almost certain.

Too hot and heavy in the trenches today, did a little number on myself with a saw. Cut through my trousers and long johns, and barely a scratch that doesn't even need a band aid....lucky for sure! Too much hurry, and I kept delaying putting on my chaps, besides, I never cut myself anyway. Dumb. :roll:

Attachments

• DSC_6201.JPG
    DSC_6201.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 4
Dust is one thing, but in brush, no laces to get caught, I dunno you just slide through easier and they feel comfortable with the slight added support on your lower leg. I recommend them Brendon, pretty much feel naked without. Mine are canvas, they hold up lots better than the nylon ones. I saw some tree guys wearing them, that's where I picked up on it.

I don't see anybody advertising them on the web. These are real simple, just a canvas tube with a drawstring on top, nothing fancy. Some openings on the bottom that nobody uses, I guess if you wanted to pull them tight around your shoes. I cover the string with a velcro strap. A couple bucks is all. Easy enough to make I think, if you can sew or glue canvas.

You're an English major now Bill?

Making a grammatical error while pointing out a spelling error is... funny.

:roll:

I have gaters for hiking/outdoorism. In these parts the gore tex is for keeping excess water out, never thought about my laces getting caught up.

Is it the lower shock roller bearing? That comes in a whole different kit, although its probably time to do all the rollers. I've done mine twice on the 05 crf 450 and once on the cr250. They don't seem to be very long lasting. Pretty much every time I have taken them apart the lower shock bearing is toast due to water and rust.

About this time every year, riding is just around the corner.

I had the bike stripped down two days ago, gave it a good power wash without all the plastics on and such. Today I cleaned and re-greased the swing arm pivot bearings, linkage bearings, and the head set. Used my favorite silicone spray (Maxima SC1) on a lot of parts, prevents dirt sticking and looks amazing. "New bike in a can" is their motto.

Just gotta order a set of tires, throttle tube, and braided break lines. One of the linkage bearings is beat so I'll grab one of those too.

Yep, the lower shock bearing. They turn to crap fast! I greased these right at the end of the season too. All the others are fine, and I can get the one bearing from Honda for $8.

Back