How'd it go today?

Damn straight.. :lol:

I just want to start cooking on this puppy... !!!
5 burners. Long burner center for griddle :D Broiler in the oven instead of under it.
Just having the convection oven is gonna be killer!!

cool! We are electric but its 5 burner on top, hidden bottom element, convection and broiler with the big window and all, lots of fun. :) One day we might have gas but not in this building.

I prefer to cook on gas. :/:

Interesting day... Started off by going into a plant i do work for, and wait and wait for the Eurotech service engineer to show up. Apparently, he got his schedule mixed up... he was still in Missouri. So I billed for my time on site, and just as I was leaving... my wife calls. She went down to do some laundry... and there was 18" of water in the basement. F___k.

Just got that whole mess cared for, after running to the hardware store... buying pump... etc... my cell rings- it's my niece. She just wrecked her car, and needs a ride.

:dur:

Hendrix_Waders_6.166173647_std.jpg

About this time every year, riding is just around the corner.

I had the bike stripped down two days ago, gave it a good power wash without all the plastics on and such. Today I cleaned and re-greased the swing arm pivot bearings, linkage bearings, and the head set. Used my favorite silicone spray (Maxima SC1) on a lot of parts, prevents dirt sticking and looks amazing. "New bike in a can" is their motto.

Just gotta order a set of tires, throttle tube, and braided break lines. One of the linkage bearings is beat so I'll grab one of those too.

Wow that sucks Erik. I took a ride to my house to make sure everything was ok. There's an awful lot of snow, and 2" of rain today so I was almost guaranteed a leak. Everything was fine though, the sump pump was plugging along doing it's job.

hm, I ran the self clean on our oven a few weeks ago, stank up the house with new oven (aka enamel paint) smell. oops.

Long day today but everything went well. A good size removal that went super fast and easy, we had the tree down, brush chipped and most of the wood loaded by the time the stump grinder guy showed up at 12. But the stump was the biggest part of the job. The root flare mounded up about 2' over about a 15' wide area and it was solid roots. I was planning on hauling a little bit of the extra grindings but I had no idea how much there was going to be. I made a couple phone calls and was able to borrow a big Yanmar articulating loader but I had to go get it. We filled my dump trailer with stump grindings and still left 6-8 yards mounded up in the front yard. A guy wanted the grindings and was only a mile away so I went to dump the trailer and got stuck in the sugar sand out behind his house. Thank goodness for outriggers! An hour later I was back at the job to pick up the loader and wrap up. got the fence back up and everything cleaned up, loader returned, dump trailer parked, bucket truck parked, and home at 7pm.

Whew! :|:

Sorry about the woes Eric....
Hardware store trips for one thing my favorite:|:

So on to my day knew it was to be windy.. Gusts 30+ lightning struck pine removal dead. House one side quite sure 40,000 kv lines out where my dz was, all going well topped the dead one and another next to it was added so in topping it out asked for bigger saw one is sent to me made notch seemed to cut ok, needed it to sail out some to avoid fence and bushes, two guys on the tag line. wait for "Lull' in the wind see my opportunity start back cut saw cuts beveled. so there I am almost able to set a wedge. Nail bitter for sure did manage to open back cut up some and make it go as planned but :X Not my saw and get down and spout about never send me a saw unless you know its right. I had asked prior to the sending if it was fueled and sharp yes was the response. Makes me wonder about folks. after that job head to another pine and their Bucket trk (asplund sell off) seemed well stocked But I did no verification:|:
estimater says small job vines and a few dead branches. 15 ft shy of the on branch to be removed that was broke bail down say give me a pole saw. Not to be had on the truck:|: how could you not?? End rant.
came home to Tree house tee:thumbup: and confirmation on a make bank gig for the am8)

Glad your "longer than expected" day turned out ok Brian.

had a different prof today in calc class. I am not blaming it all on myself anymore. I may have to take this class over but now i know it's not all my fault anyway. wow what a difference a good instructor can make.

Joel, I'm way too much of a perfectionist to ever go out on a job on somebody else's truck with their gear. If I'm going then so is my truck and my gear. I don't like yelling at lesser organized or prepared people because their gear sucks, and they don't like it either. So my gear comes with me, no exceptions.

Thanks for the concern, guys. I think I'll live. :P

Willie, thats too funny, I had one of those cold ones this past summer at a 50's style burger drive in. REALLY tasty.

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Joel, I'm way too much of a perfectionist to ever go out on a job on somebody else's truck with their gear. If I'm going then so is my truck and my gear. I don't like yelling at lesser organized or prepared people because their gear sucks, and they don't like it either. So my gear comes with me, no exceptions.

Thanks for the concern, guys. I think I'll live. :P

I had it all in my truck which I left back at the previos job as this was a under an hr gig except my climb saw and saddle, never again!

Back