How'd it go today?

sorry 'bout the range Stephen. Hope it gets straightened out without the extra problems.

Andy!!! ......oh never mind, I guess you deserve a decent day if anyone does..........:lol:;)

Pruned a couple walnuts today...then we got back just around noon. Took my gear off the truck, and we got called out to remove a tree. Got to the tree and boy what a dandy. 130' 46"DBH Doug-fir. And Jim had to climb it because I left my gear at the shop...DOH!

Still, it was a tree in the middle of a development wide open DZ, down and cleaned up in 3 hrs. Good money day today. One of you more experienced fallers could have tipped it over, it had some sweep and leaned about 90 degrees from the lay, but it was solid wood. Jim just got up there topped it out, then blasted a 20' section of trunk and we faced, back cut, pounded some wedges in and then...Doug pushed the last 70' or so over with the excavator.

Not exactly work safe, but hey, its his rodeo.

Had a real nice day at the Ohio Tree Care Conference. I spent the day with Mark Chisholm, learned a ton of new stuff, he evened mentioned Gerry Beranek a few times. Mark is a real nice guy and he is really into making sure that you understand and learn what hes talking about. Ill get some pictures tomorrow

Some ABS pipe and some ingenuity goes a long way for a snorkel :D

I think I got the stove people and bank all straightened out today.. At least so I am told. The transaction still has to hit my on line banking thingy... Still looks like this morning, yesterday and Friday from here........:/:
Went down to the valley and the card works, so just maybe :/:
Got the monthly grocery run done and that helped take my mind off stuff for a bit. Katy woke up pretty dang sick yesterday so Valentines day is kinda on hold :P

Had a real nice day at the Ohio Tree Care Conference. I spent the day with Mark Chisholm, learned a ton of new stuff, he evened mentioned Gerry Beranek a few times. Mark is a real nice guy and he is really into making sure that you understand and learn what hes talking about. Ill get some pictures tomorrow

Mark's an easy-going shit, for sure. Pass a howdy his way for me, eh?

That's too bad about the fire Stephen. I took my last sick day today and did some errands and got a new throw line and weight.

images

I've seen all types built, it never surprises me what people concoct some times.
Damn van freaked out again today, this is getting frustrating! Been looking and looking for for a scanner that will map and show the sensors in real time, not a 30 second refresh rate, without spending $3-5k! Found this little critter today, http://www.otctools.com/products/OBD_II_EOBD_CAN_Scan_Tool seems to do everything I need, I can get it local for $120, but can't find many reviews on it because it's so new. Maybe I'll be a guinea pig and take the plunge!

Here are a few pictures, not the greatest.

Mark, Scott (works at bryan equipment aka stihl, went to the same high school as me), me

Attachments

• Group picture ISA.jpg
    Group picture ISA.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Mark tree ISA.jpg
    Mark tree ISA.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
  • tree picture, ISA.jpg
    tree picture, ISA.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
yea about 6'6" with boots on, i was supprised mark was that tall, mark is about 6'5"ish with boots on too.

Carl you were mentioned in one of marks classes today, he was talking about your log chart.

Back