How'd it go today?

Chunk of fire wood for sure.... !

Had to run to the valley for groceries as we were rained out of a sweet little felling job today. Probably end up doing that one on Saturday weather pending. Stopped at an estimate for a gray pine removal and landed it. Pretty much a bomb and flop job. No clean up :D 75 footer with a DBH of about 34" . Leaning mostly dead next to a black smith shop. The guy even has a couple of tops of a very old castle chimney from some where in Europe on his chimney. Straw bale house with a roof that resembles the lines of a thatch only made of lead. Pretty cool. See if I can get some pics when I do it.

I brought my camera along when I had my bicep tendon operated on a couple weeks ago, asked the doc if somebody could snap a couple pictures and he took them himself. :D

Best wishes for tomorrow.

Totally gapped and forgot the camera.
I'm alive and well. Apparrently it all went OKl. I don't remember talking to the Dr. after surgery, if I did.
My wife did.
I feel great. RN said pain meds will wear off arount 3am and told me to take the norcos (hydrocodone) before I go to sleep.

Drugs are good.

This is my 6th knee surgery and the best yet, as far as how I feel the first day postop.

I'm only 36 so I wouldn't know. I'll have to take your work on it:P

I do know it is kinda like Indiana Jones said, its not so much the years , but the miles. ;)

BTW any idea why my age is'nt displayed below my avatar? I tried to fix it a while back to no avail.

Click 'settings' at the top right of the page, then 'edit profile' on the left side. Second item will be a drop down thing to choose your birthday/date display options.

Mine said huntin fool till somewhat recently!
Glad it went well, looking forward to laughing at some drug induced posting

While I've been snowed in the lathe has been running.
Been playing around with a salt/pepper grinder design.

I had a block of old growth redwood that I brought back from California in -89. I wanted to make matching sets for myself and my two redwood climbing buddies.

While I was at it, I got carried away and made several sets in elm burl and one in yew.

P1000024.JPG P1000026.JPG P1000030.JPG P1000038.JPG

looking forward to laughing at some drug induced posting

I'm skeeered to death of the opiate painkillers. They prescribed 80 of them. I took 2 yesterday and don't plan to take any more. Ibuprofen should cut it from here on out.

They sell for 2-3 bucks a pop around here on the street. The OC 80's go for 25-30 bucks each. I have 78 left. Should I start auction. JK

Holy crap! I'm gonna be rich!!!!

Attn: Email Account Owner,

We are pleased to inform you of the email reward program for internet users. Your email address was the star pick from the automated ballot system and by virtue of this pick, you are entitled to receive the grand reward of Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars.

This is a reward program for the patronage of internet services and all email addresses entered for the promotional draws were randomly selected from an internet resource database of registered software and domain users. This promotional draw is conducted in the Netherlands, but email entries were drawn on a global basis.

Reference Number:FST-17950
E-ticket Number:7219231BB-988
Amount: 2,500,000.00 (Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)

For instructions to receive this amount, you should establish contact with the Enquiry Officer using details stated below:
Phone: +31 626 453 477

Stig, Are you interested in selling any of those? They are gorgeous. If so PM me, I would be interested.

Same here! Awesome!

See the demented king in the right hand shaker of the 2 in lower right? He's got a crown, kinda long hair, mustache askew, and goatee!

Simply beautiful work Stig.

Slayed trees that were growing up through trees today that were challenging and kept me on my toes. Pretty much had to walk them down out of the trees they had grown into.
Did a few ugly hollow ones. Few leaners. Burned all the slash and bucked the wood for firewood. Only one more tree marked for felling over there and some clean up of a couple that fell in the storms. I have to get permission to climb the last one or squish some trees they had not marked. It is surrounded with enough canopy on it to lay waste to about three trees any which way I fall it. Not to mention a nice fence. Sooooooooo.... Call them tonight and get it lined up for a later date or meet with them to make a plan.. NP. :)
I might go TD that very dead gray pine in that memorial garden tomorrow... See how I feel about it. :/:

Back