How'd it go today?

YUK Willie! But a nice job!
Hung with Bubba, got him the next two weeks, went and had time with the sister and her hubby, they wanted some "Bubba time", it was cool.
Paul will understand this,
I managed to build a car on GT5 that I cannot drive! This thing is ignorant! Lamborghini Murcelogo ST, maxed out, total light weight, 825hp. it's so fast it can't corner! I was driving it on Daytona doing 205 in the corners, 230 on the straights! Get this thing in some tight corners, it's over! I'm trying like hell to beat "De la Sarthe" in Expert, the car is plenty fast enough, but God help you in the corners!
This is ten times the game GT4 was!

Nice, I feel your pain. PS3 is on my wishlist, only one game follows, GT5. FWIW Bub was driving a 550 hp 2005 mustang yesterday on the nurburgring. He kinda liked the reverse more than the forward.... lol

Yeah, my boy is the same way! He tells me time and again he's a better driver than me, but when I give him a good car on an easy track, he's like three min behind!
Now mind you, I don't play very fair on this game! I'm not that good of a driver and I know this, so I go for the kill when I enter a race! Horespower, tires, suspension mods, the works! I don't like to just win, I like a good five seconds between me and second, and a lap on the looser! I'm viscous!
I've cleared "beginner" and :professional" already. I just have one series left in "expert" which is the super cars. I've tried building a stock car up to the level that the race cars run, and failed miserably!
I've gone through the game so fast that I don't have any money even! I'm doing the same race over and over just to pay for the mods on my cars! It's bad Paul!!
The dumbest thing, they have this SEMA car, the "Special 62'", it's an old Buick heavily modified, I've made more money and won more races with that thing than you can imagine! Word to the wise, when you win it, don't hop up the engine anymore, it has plenty of power, but needs a set of tires! Trust me on this :lol:

I hear ya, I have 125 or so cars and 6 or 7 million credits on GT4, will have to give you a call when i upgrade to GT5 and PS3, if it happens. :) I loved the race director mode with enduro races... :) Especially when you could bring an outstanding car to the table (hello F-1 cars)

You will HATE the director mode in the new one!! You have to pick a driver, and choose wisely, trust me! Most of them SUCK! Then you have to literally "direct" them through the race! I guess they can't think for themselves now?
Then the updates! Holly long winded download Batman!
The first was 140mb the other day, today I got hit with 608mb download/upgrade! Three hours later (on cable) it was done and installed!
The driving tests seem easier, I guess it's because it was beat into my head the last few games it's second nature now! But the racing is a lot harder! The drivers seem to have AI and will learn to follow what you do instead of using the traditional line sometimes!
The throttle and brake are light years ahead! You can feather both of them now! Gone is the "all or nothing" we had gotten used to, it's nice to be able to give a car half or 3/4 throttle around a bend rather than just holding out to put it to the floor like we used to!
For sure PM me when you get it, I've learned some tricks and will be glad to share them with you Paul!

The drivers seem to have AI and will learn to follow what you do instead of using the traditional line sometimes!
The throttle and brake are light years ahead! You can feather both of them now! Gone is the "all or nothing" we had gotten used to, it's nice to be able to give a car half or 3/4 throttle around a bend rather than just holding out to put it to the floor like we used to!
For sure PM me when you get it, I've learned some tricks and will be glad to share them with you Paul!

Cool, I drive Schumacher style, as in GTF out of my way if I have to crash you to pass you I will. :) Have you tried a left right left peek a boo pass yet? or a peek left, left, left then pass right? Learn that AI, humans are still smarter and better at planned random behaviour.
I drove GT3+4 with a wheel (paddle shifters) and pedals, so much better than trying to use a D-pad.
Thanks for the offer on advice, it might not be too soon but I will take you up on it, if needed ;)

Took the mini up an got it lettered up, turned out pretty good i think!

Attachments

• lefke logo mini 1.jpg
    lefke logo mini 1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4
  • lefke logo mini 2.jpg
    lefke logo mini 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
I've done crosovers, out breaking, and mostly just out powering people, Paul, like I said, I'm a brute driver!
Looks good Nick!
Bubba and I finished up Christmas shopping, I think? Got some odd cigars and a punch for my BIL, went to the jewelry store for mama, a book for one of my nephews. I needed to get a tire repaired, it's getting to cold to go air it up once a week, and wanted to get them rotated and balanced. Went to the first place, my neighbor wasn't working today and this idiot kept trying to upsell me on crap. Then he told me an hour and half wait to get it in. We left and went to the store his boy works at, hour to get in! Called another buddy, he could get me in, but needed to borrow an 1 5/8"s socket. So back home we come to get that. Get there, they get me right in and fix it, I go to pay, "Merry Christmas, thanks for bringing in the socket!" SWEET!

Installed about 150 feet of pine trim and 50 feet of white ash .In the process of sealing the grout on 800 sq feet of tile .Resting the poor old knees at the moment .

Just went to put my wife's new wheelbarrow together and one of the two 51/2" main bolts are missing. Why does everything have to be so half-assed nowadays? Now I've got to hunt down a matching carriage bolt. I may have one, but none of my shop is set-up yet!!:whine:

Just went to put my wife's new wheelbarrow together and one of the two 51/2" main bolts are missing. Why does everything have to be so half-assed nowadays? Now I've got to hunt down a matching carriage bolt. I may have one, but none of my shop is set-up yet!!:whine:

I hope you dont ever buy anything at Ikea!! Talk about cheap stuff!

Looks good Nick, blew the engine in mine this am :cry: Borrowed a dingo so I could finish planting.
Father in law showed up to help in this lousy hard hat!
Limped my bleeding boxer into the shop

Attachments

• 1221101340a.jpg
    1221101340a.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1221100936a.jpg
    1221100936a.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 9
  • 1221100826a.jpg
    1221100826a.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 9
Been working it hard, haven't checked the oil in a month, think she ran low. Fired it up this am about 30 degrees and she coughed and started knocking

Damn Willie.. That sux :(
I remember when the my chipper motor did that (but we had checked the oil and changed it regular). That noise just makes your heart fall.. :(

Nick, yours looks nice mang. :thumbup:

Beat the rain and ice for the most part today. Was sunny and chilly out this am. Went to one location and climbed a 45 foot liquid amber to cut out the storm damage next to/over a roof. Burned the lady's slash piles from Asplundh. They butchered a little stand of live oak that I had already pruned back from the power lines. They topped them at about 12 foot. :( Oh well... Then met with a home owner just down the street from our second stop at another house the previous customer also owns. Marked some oak trees for removal and some for hanger removal. Probably a two day stint. HO wants to get one days work done and then schedule another day 30 days out for budgeting. All storm damage from the last storm ..
Then we went up the street and took an oak hanger from out over a driveway. Pruned a butchered little Japanese Maple (was topped and tipped by a real moron) and it is now in the process of restructuring. Poor little thing was like a fuzz ball with all the epicormic growth. Then climbed an apple to start it's restructuring (horribly pruned and also neglected). And that is when the ice and rain started. Got paid and scheduled her for February to finish her 3 trees in the front of the house. One apple on her property was smitten to the ground by the this storm... Turned it into firewood. Trees are taking a beating this year. :(

Hard telling how much oil was in it when it's laying on the ground:dur: There goes my drift boat for awhile, such is life

Back