How'd it go today?

Dude across the street, the Exploder motor swap deal, came over tonight. He had a "big proposal" for me. He needed help on a job, moving two large washing machines and jackhammering out a drain line. He liked the idea of the mini to move the washers. It was going to be an all nighter, had to be done by 7am. I was heart broken to later learn he didn't get the job :lol:

That's too bad. If moving washers and dryers isn't exciting enough, jackhammering the drain should get your blood pumping.

Small job this morning, worked solo. Love it. Scheduled two days of dead wood pruning with a guy down the street for winter, so that was sweet. And a new dump spot.

Been having internet problems for the last few days. Repair guy is coming today to check it out.

Had a fun job Friday, pruning Honey Locust and a Ash Trees. Dad split the crew up, so I was running the tree crew, while he did some misc landscape stuff at another place, so we made some excellent money yesterday.

After work we went and looked at 2 huge jobs. One is a lot clearing job. Around $15k in removals alone. Big trees too. No targets(expect for 3 big trees, we'll call in a crane for those), we can tear up the lot, so it should be fun, dropping big trees and bombing everything. We may end up buying another saw, since one of ours has been acting up. The other job is another $10k to $15k in removals and pruning. Three possible crane removals, along with some pruning and simple removals. The lot clearing job we should know if we have later next week. The other job we pretty much have, just have to get an ok from the owner. Things are looking up right now for the winter:)

Good luck with that, Jason. What positions are you looking for?

I'm looking at anything in the millwrights or Industrial Maintenance field... electrical, electronics, welding, machining, etc. Basically I just need something that will pay decently, and be willing to work with my schedule, in case I have to go back to Massachusetts. :roll:

Yep, that's just what my back needs right now, a few hours on a jackhammer!
It seems I have been doing some of that myself .Removing bricks so the wall can be tied in on this home improvement thing .

It's a Hilti TE 80 but even at 25 pounds it gets a little heavy after a while .

I spent the day doing a woodturning seminar for a bunch of Danish amateur turners.

Showing advanced bowl turning tecnicues, mainly.

Sure is an easy way to make a days wages.

Turkey farts and lethargy are old news! Why didn't someone make pizza for Thanksgiving? Now a-days its a paid holiday for labour rather than a celebration for a years bountiful harvest.

Ok day today, got home from my friends house around 9 this morning. Going on maybe 5 hours of sleep. Been going about my day in a somewhat mindless state. Organizing my gear and looking at different techniques right now in preparation for the KYTCC this Saturday. I'm hyped about finally competing in KY!!

I spend all morning yesterday going through the process of buying a used Ford F550 dump truck, it was a 2004, 6.0 PSD with 82k miles, it was an old brickmen truck. I went down to the ford dealer to get the truck checked out, they didnt have a lift to lift the truck up to check it all so they sent me to a different dealer. I got to the dealer and they were busy and their lift to lift the truck was in use, so i asked them just to check the main items (engine, front brakes were spongy, drivetrain, etc..). Other than the rust on the truck the only things it needed were new front brakes ($500) and a parking break ($200), they said everything else looked ok. I was going to buy the truck untill, i was driving on the highway and all of a sudden i hit a bump and the turbo stopped working, the highest speed i could get the truck was around 40mph. So i returned the truck to the owner and said that i would not be buying it. I wasnt a bad price ($10k) but it had very high hours on the engine (6400) and i was worried about that. It was a long day.

Did a bid this morn, then a mountain bike ride. Bit chilly.

Got home and found a simple yet effective way to always carry the pallet forks with me to jobs on the dump trailer. I've never used them on the job as there is never enough room to fit them. Just need some gas for the welder and good to go.

Took out Xr70 in the wood a bit, just enjoying the weather.

Camera pooped out this morning, picked up a sweet Sony 12mp at BJ's Club for 99$. Pretty happy with it. Amazing how cheap they got.

I went and watched Ed Asner perform as FDR in a one man show at the Gallo Center for the Arts in Modesto with my SIL. It was pretty good.

More work on the house .

Odd indeed ,that special cedar siding was recomended to be painted on both sides .I got out the good old Binks model 7 and sprayed away .That good old sprayer will blow anything from water proofing tar to automotive paint .Cedar BTW soaks up paint like a sponge .

Back