How'd it go today?

Hey good luck Squisher...exciting!

Dropped a couple of trees down a decent slope and then grappled them up. Always fun to wedge over a backleaner. Some bids and then home. Wife's out on a girls night...well, she does have the littlest too. Looks like sammiches and kd for dinner :)

Dropped a couple of trees down a decent slope and then grappled them up. Always fun to wedge over a backleaner.

WTF?????????????????????????? No mini? No skidsteer? WTF kind of tree guy are you? You'd never make it a day on my crew! Although I have no crew, nor any idea what I'm talking about, but that's beside the point! I'd fire your ass! :)

Hey...our old thomas would have fallen all over that slope...but I guess we coulda used it to pull them trees over. I just figured I'd cut corners and be a hack with some wedges. I guess I need to review some game tape...anyone have some suggestions for a good video of a master cutter/skidsteer team?

This is how we learn Adrian! Sounds like a kick ass day to me!

Went to move some boxwood bushes this morning, HO only had two trimmed back (thinning bushes isn't my thing really!) out of the five. I got them moved and my back was screaming! A bit too early for that much shovel duty and lifting rootballs.
Dad called, he wants to get his Model "A" pickup ready for next weekend so he can drive it. He has an original '28 tag for it and needed it cleaned up and painted, by tomorrow? It's done, not my best work, but it's done.
Road tripping in the am. Buddies daughter's car blew the engine, A J's teacher none the less! I found them one, '02 Nissan Maxima, with 76k for $700 with a year warranty. Three hours each way, they buy the gas, beer and two meals, shouldn't be a bad day :)

Where was your mini? Why would you lift out bushes by hand?
Good luck with the Nissan motor. :)

Hey...our old thomas would have fallen all over that slope...but I guess we coulda used it to pull them trees over. I just figured I'd cut corners and be a hack with some wedges. I guess I need to review some game tape...anyone have some suggestions for a good video of a master cutter/skidsteer team?

And that sums it up!:lol: You got's to get some SKILLZ so you can be as cool as me!:lol: (Even saying that sounded wrong:lol:)

Where was your mini? Why would you lift out bushes by hand?
Good luck with the Nissan motor. :)

Too much vegetation in the way Brian! Lace bark Elm, Hawthorn tree, privacy fence, ferns and ivy all over the place! No room to even think about getting the mini in, really! I won't repeat here what I think of Hawthorn trees, but I'd imagine you get the idea!
I'm not swapping this one, told them right off the bat! I did the leg work to help them out, but this one comes out the bottom, I've no lift! Not my baby!:lol:

Got up early, adjusted the e-brake from the install yesterday in the pouring rain. Took it to work, came home and dialed it in. Wallah, e-brake Finally works! Took a ride to Tim's, split some kindling, bullshitted, and had dinner. Just got in, expecting rain for tomorrow.

I just realized I don't have the proper skidsteer for treework. I will need to visit the dealer tomorrow to get my treeguy appropiate skidsteer!!

Raining like a son of a bitch since 330 this afternoon finally gave up on finishing the afternoon job. Raking and a few small limbs and a small dogwood left to takedown.

Rain day= time to shop for the right tools! Don't disappointed me, I'm getting very aggravated with these "looser" tree guys that can't see the ONLY way to do tree work! I'm even going to have to start calling and harassing Brian to get off his butt and get with the program!
Bunch of looser's! Man, get with the program will you? :)
I think on that, it might be best I go to bed :lol:

Got back for the end of the PNW-ISA annual conference. Met some good people over the last few days. Got some interesting perspectives. Watched some interesting demos.

Helped my neighbor with a few trees in an area where he's building new fence for his cows.

Vegging out for the rest of the eve with Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Just met Tina Turner's character.

An 'extension' accomplishes giving me a week to think about it. lol.

Squish, my Dad said that the way to get ahead is to bite off more than you can chew and chew it anyway. Good luck.
I did a little maintenance this morning and helped my daughter move her business this afternoon.

Lol, well Steve I hope your dad's right. I'm buying, put the financial things that need to happen in motion today. Subjects will all be removed by the 8th and it's a done dealio.

Had to chase a horned owl outta my willow tree for today. It was a climber and I didn't want to pelt him while setting my line. He was quite bold for an owl and seemed quite perturbed to be getting roosted. No sign of any nest or anything, wasn't a removal anyways. Elevated one side and deadwooded it. More climbing this week then I'm used to anymore. I'm frigging stiff/sore!

Back with the engine, waiting for a call so I can take it and the car out to drop them off. Then I can wash my hands of this deal!
Damn nice salvage yard! Racks and racks full of engines and trannies! Man it was a clean place for being in BFE, the engine looks SUPER nice, good and clean, nothing in the valve covers etc and a year parts warranty. I think they did good!

And just when you think cutting grass season is over :roll:
Sooooo we cut grass. Low impact day. Kinda needed a break anyway. So I trudged around a couple horse pastures behind the DR and laid down a couple or so acres. Yawwwwwwwwwn.
Stopped at a guys place working on a project for me. Basically a hitch set up for the DR to tow trailers around with. Wellllllllllllll he did a great job.. Buttttttttt it won't tow the chipper very well. It will tow the splitter. Now I just need to try a wagon (the kind for ride on mowers). The articulation point on the ball is a tad squirrely (no offense to Sqwerls) as is the tire under the ball. Partial success. Had the shat laying around so we had to give it a try.
Dropped off the DR deck to the welders again as they forgot some spots.. Was not a happy thing to watch my deck flexing like it was today.:what:
Got paid today and came home to a check with a nice note attached. Also to my battery for my lap top (that does not fit in my docking station) so I guess I need to find a diffy battery if I want to use my docking station. Oh well. Almost more portable. :|:
Made some fried chicken breasts for dinner to everyone's delight.
Now I just need to shower off this tar weed so my skin stops burning :|:

Gave a bid, took a nap, changed the oil in my truck, watched Bones, The Mentalist, Fringe, and Big Bang Theory. Now I'm getting packed up and heading to Flordia to pick up the dump trailer. Figure I'll be back Saturday morningish.

Wish the truck had double overdrive and an extended cab with bucket seats.:|:

I meant Sunday morningish.

I don't have a plan, but that's how I like it. Schedules and order are for people with jobs. :lol:

Back