How'd it go today?

He was a really wonderful old guy. Passed away at home surrounded by family and relatively comfortable. Family is all doing pretty well considering the circumstances.

Showing to go to Wed. and memorial service is Thurs.

I'm sorry Dave, that sucks.
Interesting day, trying to converse with Erik, amongst some "interesting" people on another web forum, I need to get you my cell number sometime.
Changed out the ignition switch on a '99 Pontiac, don't do this! Talk about a PITA! Finally got it in, car starts, then dies, wont start again. You have to "program" the ignition switch to "talk" with the onboard computer to work around the stupid security system. Stupid, just stupid! Went to change the headlight bulb, one of the tabs is broken so it's been safety wired. $260 for a new one, that didn't sit well after the $185 ignition switch! Got it out, safety wired it back in.
Neighbor was bummed, things aren't looking that good for him getting back with his ex, so he wanted company. We went to Applebee's (he bought the beer :) ) Sitting there I had to try and diagnose/talk someone through fixing a stuck front brake caliper on the phone.
The neighbor got the hottie bartenders number though, he's 38, she's 22, I'm afraid she's going to hurt him and he's going to like it :) I hope he doesn't tell me much about it, I'll be jealous!

That surprised me, he must have something on his back that made him desperate... either that or he digs the thrill. If he posts bail are you gonna keep him on?

i would like to but i can't have him anywhere around small residential for fear that he might go back later to rob them

OH wow, that's right! We've had cases where tree guys cased the properties they worked on and came back later and broke in.

Damn that sucks. I wonder what the deal is.

I went and visited my Son and family yesterday and spent the night there then drove over to Pebble Beach to see my Uncle and Niece visiting from Texas. Just got back at 11:30.

Finished swathing last night, in the dark! Bet the last few passes aren't very straight. Still dizzy from watching where I was going through the reel with the lights reflecting off it!

Did I mention farming sucks? The way tree work is I guess I will have to continue doing both.

Finally got my Pine mess from Saturday cleaned up, guy with the Poplar called in the middle of it wanting me to do it today as well. I get done and have been trying for the last hour and half to get ahold of him, no answer. It might happen tomorrow, might not!
I found and engine for Bubba's teachers car, 02 Nissan Maxima, I know her and her dad well. I didn't think it would be worth it but I found one with 76k for $700 with a one year warranty! Then I found a guy that will R and R it for her for $300, kinda hard to beat those prices when you are broke and thinking you are going to have to get a new car! Sounds like I get paid to go get it and a finders fee! Finally get to make something!

Looked at a tree for a friend today. Looks like we're just going to clean up the broken lead and lighten a few tips. The main manifold is about 8-9' across, the broken lead is about 28".

Pissing down rain all day. We worked till 130, then delivered three cords of firewood. Picked up my hub that I dropped off this morning to get a new seal pressed in, looked at a job, got and home continued to get poured on while I was putting it back together. Luckily the dump bed blocked most of the soak. Got everything together, just have to adjust them for "a slight drag" "but not too much" or else they will glaze. The pedal is consistent finally, should be all set after the adjustment. *sigh*

Wish I had a garage.

Wenching in the rain sucks.

I'm about to go and look at a couple of saws for relatively cheap. Supposed to be good runners, a 46 and a 66. Log home builder guy so I feel quite certain they're not hot or nothing. If the 66 is strong and in good shape I'm gonna pick it up as a spare to my 660. My dad is looking at the 46 for himself for a firewood saw. 3 bills a piece.

I hear ya, Brian.

I need spring to come here fast, so I can do my taxes and start shopping "hopefully". I have a lead on 8 acres with a house, and a barn for 170k. Pains me to see it sit there when I know I can afford it.

I completely understand. I have a 30x40 wired, insulated, and heated shop waiting for me if I can still make my deal swing.:whine:

Ugh, worked on the leaky cylinder for the boxer. Lift cylinder wiper seals were leaking. Got cylinder off and finally got the top cap off. Got down to the plastice bushing on the bottom of the cap, wrong size in the repair kit, then the o-ring seal on the piston was to small. Off to the hydraulic shop in the am.

Raining all day here to. Ground one stump this morning, threw the track on the machine, fixed it asap in the rain.

If you had no line on them I could have helped I'm sure;)

and speakin trees with ya 'll be wanting some good orange grafting stock, per chance you have a lead on some?

Back