How'd it go today?

Heck if I hadn't found the Treehouse I'd still be climbing with a belt, flipline, and spurs. My plan is to soak in as much as possible. I'm a firm beleiver that if someone else can do it so can I. Really looking forward to seeing what's possible.:)

First real climbers I'll be meeting(in person). And first ISA conference. say what you want about the ISA but without them this is an opportunity that wouldn't be presenting itself.

Heck if I hadn't found the Treehouse I'd still be climbing with a belt, flipline, and spurs. My plan is to soak in as much as possible. I'm a firm beleiver that if someone else can do it so can I. Really looking forward to seeing what's possible.:)

First real climbers I'll be meeting(in person). And first ISA conference. say what you want about the ISA but without them this is an opportunity that wouldn't be presenting itself.

:thumbup:

:)

Sounds familiar ;)

Hey thanks Willie, misery does love company!

Like Stephen said, any update on your situation?

Things are progressing, carpenters shoul be working on the house soon if not already. Insurance agent thinks I will skate clean on this. Thats a releif but also makes me feel bad for my crane guy. He has been operating cranes for 40 years without a mishap and it happened on one of my jobs:(

Squishy, most of those TCC guys are cool and glad to answer questions, don't be shy

I just hope the best for you Willie.. And I bet I should for your crane guy too as I doubt you would use someone that you did not have good feelings about. Thanks for the update. Man I hope I NEVER have something like that happen.

Similar situation here at a job, first time miss for the long time crane operator, forgetting to put the locking pin in for the jib...and crashed on the house. I felt the same, Willie, bad for the guy, because I know he was killing himself inside, for more reasons than one, and he's a real conscientious and all around good person. He had a bad cold and running a fever that day.

On to better, he's well put it behind him and it looks to be a tough learning experience. He says that he won't be working anymore when ill health might affect his concentration. Busted up the crane too, at least twenty grand to replace the boom which doesn't get covered by insurance.

I too am familiar with stupid mistakes and beating yourself up inside over them.:(

Just settled with my insurance company yesterday. They scammed for $500 in the end off of my declared value. Because it's my first accident ever my insurance rates don't go up at all.

Attachments

• IMG_7667.JPG
    IMG_7667.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
Justin,
Are you able to salvage anything from that truck?

Like the cab and chassis? Or did you tweak the frame?

Squish, I am hitching a ride up tomorrow, should be in K-town about 3 or 4. you have my cell? give me a buzz when you get near. I am staying at a buds place in the southern part of town overnights, will be cruising the grounds otherwise. I have met a good number of the folks that will be there, most are a good bunch. :) I am really looking forward to it, last time I went was 2005.

oh, guess I gotta pack some stuff today, lemme see, 4 days 3 nights, makes easy math for socks and drawers... lol.

I took out a water heater and moved it, moved a couple of vent tube while the roofers were working, nothing major.
My head and body hurt like a bastard today! Neighbor had his 50th B-day party last night, I drank WAY to much!!
But watching this was interesting to say the least!

Attachments

• moto_0079.jpg
    moto_0079.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 9
  • moto_0080.jpg
    moto_0080.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 10
Today was rockin man!!!! I got to tree tech AR, and there was plenty of moving around and resetting stuff. Definitely a lot more fun than timing or teching on the ground. Had a great view point also. This comp has really inspired me to get training for next year. I'm going to get serious on the foot lock, and try and overcome a few mental barriers I've found I have while in the tree.

Also got to ride the wraptor today, which, like I said in the other thread, is friggen sweet!!!

Wanted to give a shout out here for all competitors and techs/judges that helped out. The event turned out great and it was all done in a timely matter.

Time for a late supper, and then an early bed time. We've done so much the last 3 days I'm just beat. Sore all over, and extremely tired. Got to wake up and do homework tomorrow.

Well the hot saw run at the Paul Bunyan show didn't go so well today .

Some how I hit the kill switch as I hoisted the saw [ piped 084 Stihl ] to the block and thus had to restart .Chit happens .:( When you loose 12-15 seconds or more on a screw up like that it's hard to make it up .

Killed some mistletoe... Got payed ... Scheduled more mistletoe and came home to a guess what......? A mistletoe check.. :D Happy happy.. Good way to start a couple days off.. Wish I could have met with Steve H for lunch though.:|: Would have made for a nice day.

Good day today. Had breakfast with some buddies, took the boy to unload a big ol oak log, cleaned out my truck, cleaned up a major portion of my shop, cleaned up my small saws and am fixing to out to supper with some friends

Sounds like an excellent Saturday, Willie. :)

I did three small jobs today. The last one was at a bank and we couldn't start until after 3pm. I got home about 5:30.

Sounds like every one is having an excellent day. I did my bid this morning and got my pickup smogged, got the oil changed, took the Wife to a baby shower for a realtive of hers and I went and did a consult on a dead oak tree. Had the pleasure of talking to the very drunk people who live in the rental house there. Mother and son drinking buddies.

I think I am ready for tomorow, I have a cooler that halfway fits the criterea of the track requirments, got the truck cleaned out, the toolbox locked up, cig's made and emptied out a water bottle to fill with whiskey:D I even know where the tickets are now:lol:
Kansas city here we come, kinda, I just hope the rain holds off, it's a 30% chance now.

Tough luck, Al. I wasn't aware that you occasionally raced.
Usually just GTG type stuff .On this occasion another member graciuosly offered me this souped 084 to run so I went for it .

As it is I really have nothing in my collection that would run at this level of competition but if things work out his winter I should have . I'm supposed to be getting an 084 from the west coast of Canada of which I'll doctor up myself to see what I can make of it .

Long weekend, Monday's a public holiday. Raining since Friday night.

Daylight saving started this morning, I forgot about it. Now it's nearly time to go to bed.:whine:

Back