How'd it go today?

Finally!
Finished the last waterway clearing yesterday, and started on a smallish logging job today.
Almost couldn't remember how to start my felling saw, it's been that long.
Felt really great to fall big trees again.
Then an hour before quitting time, I TOTALLY misjudged a leaner by a forest road. Thought I could wedge it in easily.
Nope, it took 1½ hours of stedy pounding on wedges before it went where I wanted it to go.
Not the best way to end a day.

That is a looooooooonnnnnng time to knock over a tree. Maybe you needed a longer bar.:D

Just up and have some trees to look at nice day down under anyway..Later Damain

Dude. You can't even take the time to spell your own name correctly? Show some respect to the other members here and post something meaningful otherwise piss off. Imo.

Tuned a couple saws for my little trimmer bud after work .Got my stuff packed and heading out at o-dark thirty in the morning to compete in the Ohio hotsaw championships in Cambridge Ohio .

Been working in the rain for the last 2 days. Had a not so good day yesterday too. We broke a skylight on a house when removing a storm damaged lead from it. It sucks when the damages cost 3 times as much as the job you did.

I know how you feel. I felled a spar and it hit a house yesterday. The tree was leaning in the direction of the fall and it seemed to be cut and dry and fairly easy. I went to make the first level face cut and the whole tree just exploded and fell over to the side. Maybe just a little rot in there? Maybe 18" dbh and about 25' of spar. That was a good way to frig up my day. This will actually be my first insurance claim.

Yeah man, Id say your day was worse than mine. I feel better now. Thanks.

Sorry.

I need to pay more attention to detail. I know better and this could have easily been prevented. I am thinking about getting the family a gift card for dinner after everything has been fixed for them. I feel horrible.

Dang, sorry to hear about the damages, guys.

I blew off yesterday's job because I had too many 'red flags' popping up and I just knew something bad would happen if I kept going. No one item was bad enough to call off the day, but I had about 6-7 all within the first hour and it was screwing with my head. So I called it a day and rescheduled the job for Monday. My buddy with the chipper was happy because he was hung over and not in the best of condition anyway (one of my 7 red flags).

Wow. Bad day at the office for yous guys. In keeping with the day I blew a hose in the boom this afternoon but no damage. The first time I blew a hose it took me a whole day to fix it. Now I can do one in a couple of hours depending on how close I am to a hose place.

Today was awesome!! Spent the day setting up for the comp. I climbed a fews trees, and set the bell for the speed climb. A lot of us went out to eat afterwards also. I actually just got back in from the pizza/bar place.

Looks like I'll be tree-teching the AR tomorrow, which will be sweet.!

I'm stoked. This next week I will be meeting/seeing my first real treeclimbers. The only people Ive ever seen or been taught by are bush climbers. I've never ever seen another person climb a tree in a residential setting. I'll be spectating at the PNW TCC, I can hardly wait. I'm thinking it will be a humbling experience.

Spent the afternoon with the granddaughter, had to go for a drive, so she could drive. She does alright for a almost 6 year old, sitting on grandpa's lap and going slow. It was quit the show 2 dogs in the truck and a 6 year old driving. :\: Then had to ride the atv around the farm a few times. I think fishing tomorrow is in her plans....:)

I'm stoked. This next week I will be meeting/seeing my first real treeclimbers. The only people Ive ever seen or been taught by are bush climbers. I've never ever seen another person climb a tree in a residential setting. I'll be spectating at the PNW TCC, I can hardly wait. I'm thinking it will be a humbling experience.

Just realizing it may be humbling makes you humble.

Back