How'd it go today?

Good deal Steve. Stories like that remind me to PASS when I see deals like I did today. I drove past a very nice dump trailer for sale for a good price and spent a couple hours thinking about buying it. But I spent many years trying to make money hauling crap to the dump and never could get ahead. When I focused on just putting the shit on the ground and letting somebody else make the hauling money, I finally began to get ahead. If I bought a dump trailer I'd end up in the same position as your buddy, loading and hauling a 30' palm tree for $50 minus dump fees. I can't afford to go after those dollars.

Man, I think I'll be up for awhile. Took a 5 hour nap from 7 till 12, so I can't see me going to bed anytime soon. Good thing there's no school tomorrow.:D

Spent the day being lazy. Grandma came over for lunch, and we spent some time talking. Showed her how I splice rope, and she really enjoyed that, since she does a lot of sewing and found it interesting.

The only bad thing is after 5 years, the property owner at the Kroger a mile or so from here, finally called and got all sarcastic about us parking there. We had to move it too a friends farm, which is 15 miles, or a 30 minute drive from here. We think someone probably tipped him off about it or something. We parked there for 5 years with no problem.

Got the wiring harness in quicker than I thought, still have the skid plate, flywheel dust shield, and the motor mounts to wrap it up.

I turned the oil pump with the drill for a while, when it was on the stand, and when I dumped the 10-11 quarts of oil in it, I spread it out across the rocker area so all the pushrods/lifters could have plenty of oil on them for startup.

Turned the key, and she fired up after maybe a second of turning over. A bit of blue smoke (oil) at first from oil sitting on the bottom of the pistons while it was upside down for a few days, but that quickly cleared and she sounds sweet now. The valvetrain noise I was hearing is gone now. I was starting to wonder about the lash spec, but apparently it was due to a couple of broken lifters, not an incorrect spec from Deutz.

I'm going to get the motor mounts finished and put in the dust shield and go make some money (flat yard, nothing to drag the skid plate on) for a little shake down run, about 75 minutes of grinding less than 10 minutes from the house. If everything goes well, I'll pressure wash it down nice and neat, then put the skid plate on. Give it a few more hours of run time w/o any FUBAR's and I'll change the oil and put the body back on and call it GTG.

I drove out to the podunk little town I was raised in and moved the Caddy,motorhome and Jeep out to see if I can get them sold .

They have a semi annual garage sale memorial day and labor day . I bought a little POS Skil chainsaw for ten bucks which I need like another nose .Lots of junk for sale ,that's for sure .

Ha! You're like me, Al. I get a touch of OCD around garage sales and I just seem to HAVE to buy SOMETHING, and it usually ends up being something I don't even need.

Adrian, did you have the property owner's permission to park there all those years? If so, I wonder why he would suddenly change his mind?

I cooked breakfast for my son and his girlfriend and the wifey this morning. Am going to do a small mulberry removal at 1:00.
RD you parked a chip truck at a grocery store?

Oh as for garage sales I don't go to too many .I've got stuff ,tons of it.So much I can't even tell what I got or where it's at .

The only reason I even bought that little junk saw is because I have one exactly like it in the shed that a guy wanted me to repair .Bad coil which would cost more than the saw is worth .They say it runs so if the other guy wants it he can have it for what I have in it .If not someone is always looking for a cheap saw and I'll peddle it for 40 or so .

Wife came back from big flea market, with several "needed wonderfuls" of couse. Went to Best Buy and talked to a "geek" and he told us to save here school work as word documents and we don't need to get MSWord. Asked the right hundred dollar question that time maybe.
Went to Fire Mountain (Ryans) for easy dinner and back home to relax for the night.

Well I fired up the old chipper this afternoon and ran it awhile. Adjusted in the the new carb and she purred like a kitten. Chipped a little brush, it then started sputtering for a moment then died. Won't start now, it's getting fuel but the spark is real weak yellow in color. The coil is very hot, so either the coil went belly up or the ignition module went out....:X

Well it looks like I'm going to the Paul Bunyan show in Oct to race hotsaws in the Ohio championship .

I don't have a thing that will run with the big dogs but a friend and member is kind enough to loan me one . Hotsaw Smith,ain't that a hoot :lol:

Which one,I have several .:lol:

No big deal,if I can get it started I'll do okay . I don't expect to do real well because I know what's going to be running and there are some hottys and real good operaters . I'll be tickled just to finish midway .

Actually we get about the same times at our local little events with the exception of cold start so it's not like I haven't seen fast saws before .

The wife and I finished the split rail fence today. We started it yesterday. It looks real nice

Good times Dave:lol: It could be worse?
I was getting everything ready for a wood run in the am, I'll still get up and see, but I don't see it happening! Rain is moving in hard and fast in the area, they are calling for rain all week now:cry:
Thats just what I need, drive out there solo and get stuck!

I didn't get to grind this afternoon because the machine had leaked too much hydro fluid and I don't generally keep the oil in stock.

I'll pick some up tomorrow before/between/after class and kick some stump a$$ :)

Passed on 2 small bucks, never seen an elk all day. Covered 7 miles of brutal country near the sky lakes wilderness

I just went and took down a small mulberry tree and my stump grinder wouldn't fit through the gate. Drat! Then went and helped my buddy Doug do some firewood, and looked at the trees at his church.

Hope all goes well Carl.

Andy if ya go and have trouble give me a ring on the cell# I should be around. I'm going to make a parts run in the am, but that won't take to long hopefully....:roll:

Thanks Dave, but the more I watch the radar, the less I am thinking it will happen!
If I do I hope to be on the road by 7 and heading back around 11, quick and dirty!

Managed to blag a little looky round the gardens at the Beckhams place today.Very nice laid out formal gardens, huge amount of ££££ spent.
My jaw nearly hit the floor when the gardener told me the 15' tall cloud pruned Scot's Pine cost £15k!!

Flew the spider today, nice unit but climbing is faster.

You really don't have to worry about a 125k pile of metal under you, which is a nice thing.

Dropped an Elm and a Cherry, too.

I'll have to say Ramrod's controls suck.

Just heading out,.....more infested pine removals in some God forsaken place. At least it's close by.

You guys are lucky to be chillin'.

Ran over and killed a fairly large snake yesterday. :( Non-poisonous variety.

Back