How'd it go today?

HAHA.... The shop will be... We have to get some more fill in front.. The swamp cooler is for the green house or shop.. It is sitting on the corner of slope madness...:lol::lol:

2200 hours on this engine I believe, needs to be pressure washed something fierce.

Side of the engine. The funky thing in the extreme right foreground is the thermostat on the hydro system. I broke a fitting on the return lines, hence their odd configuration :|: There's also another inline fuel filter that's not installed presently.
DSC05908.jpg

Top/Side view, you can see the oil lines going to the engine (oil cooled).
DSC05906.jpg

Front of the engine. You can see the crank snout, cam shaft's pulley, and just barely the oil pump under the shut off solenoid. The fan is moved out of the way to give me a bit more room to work.
DSC05907.jpg

Yep. 1k hour oil change interval in a clean environment (generator, compressor, ect). The timing belt is supposed to be changed every 3k hours.

Yeah, I change the oil every 100 and the belt I figure I'll change every 5-600. I think a belt is really dumb on an interference motor. This is the third time we've changed the belt. Maybe next time I'll catch it before it fails, if I still own it by then. (You can make a whole lotta money in 500 hours). The belt is under $200 with the tensioner.

Back from class, heading out now to start putting it back together.

Wrecked out an Elm, a Spruce, and some Silver Maple limbs for my friends father.

His grandfather was out there cutting 2" wood into firewood length. Man was it a pain in the ass, but we'd throw him a little pile and that kept him out of the way. Then we'd chip the big stuff when he wasn't looking. Told him to stop but he didn't wanna here it.

Been busier than heck still. Lots of maintenance, lots of work. Took today for running around and fixing flat tires, greasing, cleaning all that sort of fun stuff.

Just got the final word today my audit is done! No changes to filings is what the auditor is recommending.8) Shuffled more papers in the last month or so then I really ever care to again.

And my camping trip from last weekend was a blast.:)

Glad to hear you got through your audit unscathed. :)

I did 2 pruning jobs this morning and then dropped my truck off at the shop to finally get that oil leak fixed. Hopefully he can get it in and out quickly. I have a big important job on Friday and a small pruning job tentatively penciled in for Thursday if the truck gets finished.

:D
Some more ......
BTW that top of the post was 150-200# ;)
Treated poles are heavy Mo Fos!
That's an under statement almost . That heavy duty Judy of a framework will last a couple hundred years no doubt .

I suppose out west they are treated fir or something but around these parts they use a lot of southern yellow pine .Those damned old creosote "Black Jacks " are like trying to spur concrete . Most in use today are pressure treated .

This Rocky Mountain fever thing is really starting to get on my nerves. Business has been coming in steady for that last two weeks and I barely have the energy to do a fourth of it.

I'm gonna have some pissed off customers pretty soon.

This Rocky Mountain fever thing is really starting to get on my nerves. Business has been coming in steady for that last two weeks and I barely have the energy to do a fourth of it.

I'm gonna have some pissed off customers pretty soon.

I missed it too, what's the story, Blinky? Sounds like you're sick?! :(

A few weeks ago, maybe a month, I came down with severe flu symptoms and my back and neck were killing me. I'd hurt my back earlier so I didn't think it was related. Finally I called a friend who's an ER doc and he listened about two minutes and said he was going to treat with antibiotics for a tick bite. Apparently there is no practical, definitive test for Rocky Mountain... while you're alive. They treat based on symptoms... so it could've just been the flu.

Antibiotics helped a lot though, the flu stuff went away in two days but neck/back ache is still with me and I can't muster energy for a full day's work. Now I have no appetite so that makes the energy problem even worse. It's getting very old. The neck/backache is diagnostic, RMSF is a form of meningitis.

This is my second time but I got over the first one a lot faster... but I was a good bit younger too. I'm just having a hard time getting over it. I'm told it could be like this for another month or two.

I get tick bites almost every week, usually I can feel the little bastards moving around and get rid of'em... I guess one got past me. I picked 17 deer ticks off me one night a couple of weeks ago... after spending less than 10 minutes bidding a job... like I walked into a nest of them or something. A couple were no bigger than fleas.

I have a spot on my head, the non-bald part, that I think was where it got me... tiny little scab that's been there for weeks.

Ticks everywhere here....but I usually feel them before they get embedded. Lots of lone star ticks this year.

Hope you feel better soon, Chip.

Attachments

• full_as_a_tick3.jpg
    full_as_a_tick3.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 3
Gotta put the body back on the grinder, put the teeth back in that I removed to weld up the pockets, and a couple other odds and ends and I'll be a grinding fool tomorrow.

Today went really well considering I kept forgetting stuff at home. First time I for got a couple things, but the job had changed parameters so I went back and got some stuff. Then he added more and so I went home for lunch with Katy and the kids and picked up more stuff... Here's a little scenery from my trip down the back side of the road we live on in an old mining area.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gUT0ZpRnD1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gUT0ZpRnD1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D

Got put back on circuit today and had fun cutting tree after tree but ran into a ground bee nest about 9am. used pruners to pull all the fallen limbs away so my guy could chip them. 11am spot hornets nest in tree I am about to start trimming, thank god for doing inspection before trimming, 230pm dropped tree that was clean but it bumped a tree next to it that had a hornets nest in it and it landed on the road right by the chipper, Groudie running and dancing, Had my earmuffs on and couldn't hear what he was saying (yelling while running). amazingly, no stings today for either of us. Bringing the killer spray tomorrow and going to war.

Not much today.Work,some clean up around the place .

Toms' old lady was at the house when I got here .Evidently the problem with the bucket truck rev up was about as I figured,broken wire .I haven't talked to Tom yet to get the praticulars .

They thought it might have been the electronic modual in the cruise control which regulates the engine speed in hydraulics operation but must have discovered something else . I kind of figured so .;)

Back