How'd it go today?

Too late Andrew. I turned you in to the ISA for driving 5 miles over the limit the other day. Your career is toast.

Hahaha!:lol:

Today was good. I had a presentation in school to do today and all went well. Wasn't as bad as I thought it out to be.

Other than school and homework, i whiplocked one end of a flip line, set up some wedges for in tree use, and finally got back in a tree today!! Power went out, so with nothing better to do and I climbed one of our Oaks in the front. Pretty sweet to be back in the tree after doing so much school crap.

That's just good business right there. :thumbup:

Damn Straight :thumbup:

We live in a predominant retired person community. They are awesome referrals and fun to talk to... The stories they share are priceless.

Finished two days on a regular account and got payed. Scheduled 2 more days in Nov. :D They travel a lot so they schedule us at least two days a month pending on the season.

There is a fire up near Yosemite. They did a prescribed burn (little late in the season ain't it?) and it got away from them.. Sooooooo . Guess people are leaving the park and town is nuts with traffic :|:

Aunt Sheila's son Russell is up here for the ceremonies with her ashes. We will be having a celebration of life for her in the gardens this Sat. .
Should be about 150 or so people here ... I have shat loads to do :whine:

Katy had me pick up Sake tonight for the stir fry :D There fore I will indulge.. :D
If you see me posting stupid shat.. PM me and tell me to put the glass down and go to bed.. :lol:

Nothing spectacular .Mowed the lawn for the upcomming get together this weekend .My weedwacker runs great if that means anything,not too exciting .

Did something really dumb today. Looked at a tree foe a management co. few weeks back which was WAY too dead to climb but nowhere to drop it. Decided to tie into another tree and just bomb everything. Got there this am and there was a brand new TV dish right under the tree. Should have gone home but I was there with wheel loader Kboom etc etc so decided to risk it. Would have been a brutal swing if I took it. Roped brush out to other tree but couldnt drop any wood due to dish. Tried to drop 30+" spar, put notch in and there was nothing but DUST:O Started making backcut and the whole tree kinda slumped of to the side as it collapsed in on itself. Man I really shouldnt have been in that tree. Took out a metal shed:( Didnt have camera but when I got home snapped these of the wood on the K-boom......

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 4
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 4
I'd go ahead and bill them regardless. If they balk about the dish then turn it back around on them for putting the damn thing under the rotten tree. It's not like the tree turned unsafe overnight. They have been ignoring that problem for a long time.

Hey, my mechanic bills me for his time even if he doesn't fix the truck...

Hahaha!:lol:

Today was good. I had a presentation in school to do today and all went well. Wasn't as bad as I thought it out to be.

Other than school and homework, i whiplocked one end of a flip line, set up some wedges for in tree use, and finally got back in a tree today!! Power went out, so with nothing better to do and I climbed one of our Oaks in the front. Pretty sweet to be back in the tree after doing so much school crap.

Rd, you have good writing and observational skills, be sure to keep a daily journal of your tree work, as it will serve you in many ways. A couple years from now if you page through the journal you'll be amazed at what you'll learn from what you wrote over the months. Having a written account of what you've done you can always access, as the memory is a very fitful and ephemeral thing. And should the day come when you feel you want to publish, then you've always got the material to draw from, not just fuzzy memories.

I went to the place that should have had the stuff to re-pack the cylinders, Crown, they had shipped it all out to Carlson, way out west, so I went there, this was after I hit up a buddy and he sent me home with what "we" though I needed.
I chased my tail a lot! But I got a new gas cap (no more leg feeling on fire) the other relay and some anti-seize for the pins.
I seriously don't know how this thing lifted anything! I pulled out three 1"ish pieces of O-ring, and one 1 !/2"ish piece of backing. Thats all!
Both cylinders are re-packed and it got a bath, tomorrow I tear in and make sure there isn't any electrical damage.

I haven't fertilized my lawn in about 8 years. I can usually get 2 weeks between mowings in the summer unless we have a boatload of rain. A self propelled mower and sharp blade make for easy mowing.

Trim and remove some storm damage from a couple weeks ago on 3 trees and ground 2 pine stumps. Friggin humid as all get out today. Raining out now.

That damned rain can't make its' mind up where to dump .It blows all around us but doesn't lay much down . Other years you could raise rice .

Snow is the same .Almost none then a year passes and it dumps it arse deep to a tall Indian or short giraffe .I'm tellin you the lake states are a hoot .If you don't like the weather just wait a day or so because it will change .

I haven't fertilized my lawn in about 8 years. I can usually get 2 weeks between mowings in the summer unless we have a boatload of rain. A self propelled mower and sharp blade make for easy mowing.

I use my beater mower to "hack" the grass into place, and clean it up with my Toro. The beater, aka Frankenmower, will not die. The bearings are bad, the compression isn't the greatest, and the blade assembly was welded on a couple of years ago, after the bolt broke off in the crankshaft. I just can't get rid of it, because it's a great mower for rough cutting and mulching the pine straw mound down.

When I went on vacation two weeks ago, I was ever so slightly congested. In what has to be the slowest moving bug, I've been getting a hair sicker every day until today when I just didn't feel up to snuff and took the day off(minus a half day of bidding). Tomorrow I am back at it no matter what I feel like in the morning.

RD, in our school district here they start the kids giving presentations in the first grade. By the time they are in high school they are like old pros. I was supposed to take my Dad to his bookeeper this morning but he called as I'm about 5 minutes away and said I didn't need to. I picked him up and we went out to my cousin's to return his steering wheel puller and then went and did a bid . Then I had to pickup my sister from Florida in Stockton who has come out to nursemaid my mother when she has shoulder surgery Friday. Did a bunch more running around.

I forgot to mention that we went to an introductory meeting at Haley's new Montessori School. Public school would make her take kindergarten again due to her birthday, so we moved her to another private Montessori that will allow her to start the first grade. We went back and forth over our decision to bump her up and now in her first few days of the first grade the correctness of our decision is really becoming apparent. I am so excited for her. The new teacher and the new school are a good fit for us as a family. I think Haley is poised to make some great leaps forward. She is way ahead of where I was at her age and her self awareness is really improving. Her class goes once a month to a nearby senior citizens home where the kids are buddied up with seniors as a service component. At this age Montessori focuses on social learning, who the kid is in relation to others and society at large. Our little id kid could use a touch more empathy. I am hopeful.

Back