How'd it go today?

Having a camera in the truck at all times is a good idea for contractors. If you have an issue on a jobsite, photos can be very valuable. If you are working around something that has already been damaged, you should take pics while the tree is still intact, just in case. Photos better than hearsay evidence.

Don't digital photo's mean squat in court nowadays?

Don't know Brendon. I'd think a digital photo expert could verify the authenticity of a digipic. I know of many disputes that ended between the contractor and homeowner out of court simply because of the pics. Some HOs need to be caught in their lies, then they shut up.

Today is my first day of wireless highspeed internet IN MY HOME!!!!

Unbelievable. 26.4Kbps this morning.....100 Mbps right now. :O

:D :D :D

The only down side that I can see is now my phone is available even if I'm online. I kinda liked being 'unreachable'. I'll get over it though. :)

Che, just take the receiver out of the cradle and lay it on the desk when you are online, or turn the ringer off. :) and congrats on the upgrade.

Brendon, let's see those stairs! :D

I trimmed a cypress tree this morning and an american elm, then off to the second job a washingtonia palm. Nasty.

Me, Joe and Trevin took off this afternoon searching for a likely tree to fulfill our quest for 300'

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 4
I worked on a late '60's early '70's Case Tractor/loader/backhoe that has been sitting in a fieled for three years. No, it isn't running, and no, I really don't want to talk about it!:X

Nice Willie... Funny how every time I go into the woods now.. I think about how great the raptor would be on this tree... that tree.. and that tree..........

Went to my tree job this am ready to climb and trim and remove mistletoe and my job description changed... I am now limbing trees from the ground for fire protection and road visual (so she can see the cars coming for safety turning out of the drive way). Let's just say I was looking forward to climbing today. Got a lot done and chipped. She scheduled another day for more trees done the same way... Then because the neighbors are using us more and more and she can't seem to get on the schedule more regular... we will schedule the mistletoe for the visit after the next... Still a productive and lucrative day...
Kind of a fiasco getting all started today as I broke a spark plug in the truck AFTER the parts houses closed yesterday ... Rob ran and got a set while I got other things done here before I finished fixing the truck. Late start.. :P
Also dropped off the DR for welding yesterday PM and was told they would have it all ready today after 4 PM.. Drove out there to go pick it up and it ain't done. Supposed to be at a job with it tomorrow.. Guy says it will be done SUNDAY! @#%$#@%$#@
Anywho... I will just go over tomorrow and fire safe the place then return with the DR another day to do his 2-3 acres of field that would be already done in 1/2 q day tomorrow before I BBQ.:roll:

Highlight of the day was just being home with Levi and Lilly... TG some days for the kids... 8)

Hey SOTC when you find the 300' tree drop me a pm and Ill let you demo a new Wraptor.

Cursed, you have been bitten by a Wraptor and are now infected.....:lol: Im the same way, I look at big trees as I drive down the road and think how easy they would be to climb:)

Yesterday my Bigshot broke which pretty much puts the Wraptor outa business:cry:

Happy fourth . I've got to get motivated and split up the last truck load of oak I cut up yesterday .

I have to move the splitter and set it vertical because what is left is 24 to 30 some inch stuff .Too heavy to lift for an old fart ---or most young ones too .

Hey SOTC when you find the 300' tree drop me a pm and Ill let you demo a new Wraptor.

Cursed, you have been bitten by a Wraptor and are now infected.....:lol: Im the same way, I look at big trees as I drive down the road and think how easy they would be to climb:)

Yesterday my Bigshot broke which pretty much puts the Wraptor outa business:cry:

We did find one at 327'! :/: Theres 250- 300 in there all day, we won't be terribly disapointed if we end up at 285 but I want to break 300.

Whew,finaly got done wrestling around those big rounds of oak .What a job that was . Damned things must weigh 200 or so pounds each .:whine:

Mixed day today...
Got the fire prevention done on the place we needed to and have to go back to do some tar weed removal (timely cutting).
Got done in 2 hours and had some home brew dark beer from the HO's friend. Very nice btw.
But the HO's wife that asked me to talk to her about a couple trees jetted and they are on hold till a future date.. Guess you can't sell them all :( Figure it is a sign of the times. More clearing work to be done so it's not like we lost out ... Got payed and got home.. Now just BBQ and then relax. So tired I can't wait to just go to bed. Day off tomorrow.. Maybe I'll get to sleep in a bit as I was up all night with Lilly ...... :P

I've got to drive out to my shop today and figure out why my Monarch 10" EE toolmakers lathe wil not run above about 40 rpm .

The thing was made in '56 and uses thyratron tube rectifiers in the dc drive .

Good heavens it has been years since I delved into vacuum tube electronics and I fear I'm a tad rusty about it .

got to go get the chip truck off a residential log site,
dag gone electric short finaly got the truck stuck, in the gate, with all the other equip behind it, thankfully the excavator as well
we couldnt figure out what it was so we had to pull it out of the way so we could get out at 9 pm
thank god for mobile mechanics......got us fixed up yesterday and now ill go get her
the job went off fine besides that

was able to enjoy my 5th wedding anniversary and 4 th of july with the kids and wife....most excellent times

Still in the process of moving to the new house, but today is my lady's B-day. :D

Back