How'd it go today?

Pretty boring day, mostly; weather forecast looked pretty ugly, but the sun actually shined most of the day.

Managed to get rid of the damn woodchuck that's been pot-holing my back yard all year. ;)

Started a bay removal today and got along pretty good. Sure hate chipping the stuff tho.

Would have been an easy removal except for apparently they had just installed irrigation lines in the 'lawn' (read weed patch). So we had to rope everything down.

Got it down to sticks which we will take down tomorrow. Didn't have to climb today which is good for me :) Had a hard time with the heat on Sunday chipping and am still kind of wiped out.
Tomorrow I will go up and finish it. Grind out the stump later this week.

On my laptop which has Down's syndrome so can't load any picts.

Too much bidding and running and not enough completion....but I did actually get some done today I'm just a full day behind and wiped out. The most fun today was getting locked in the mancab. The screws had vibrated out and the inside handle disengaged from the lockwork. I disassembled things and got out and then put it all back. together....20 minutes gone.

Insurance adjuster and roof contractor met this am. We are getting a new roof and gutters put on. Gotta love freebies:D The stupid solar panel/windsail that hasn't worked since we mover in, 15 years ago, is going away:D
Scored a set of tires for the truck, Firesone Destination A/T's Brian. They "fell off a truck", $200 for a set of four. Gotta figure out how to pay for them and get them mounted (I can do at a buddies house) and balanced (can't do that) now.
FINALLY got the damn doublewide moved! I know for a fact I could have chopped the damn thing up easier and faster than it took to jack it up, mount axles and get tires to bead up. But thats MHO.

going to try to fall those tops b4 it gets windy leavin now, god its 4 am

got there at 5am, toni was in the top at first light,
had the tops off by 630 roped wood till 8 and then i spent the rest of the day chunking down biscuits to the ground, threw each one between headstones
finished clean up at 730pm
home at 9 pm
372 to do them from 70 ft down
so tired today, got sunburnt, hands dont want to fully open yet
and to top it off the 2 man crew that left my site , went and did job # 2 ......
never came back......."oh i didnt know we were supposed to come back and help you out"
so me and 1 guy cut and moved all the wood.....
hot as heck could only work about 2 hours at a time

we beat the wind by a lil bit, once the tops were off the wind returned.....thanks for the intermission..tree gods:)
must go soak in the shower i got more to do today
be safe y'all

Justin
funny ....my mancab locks people in all the time, i have a special screwdriver to push up under the latch that release the latch
i let the fng's sitin it for awhile the let em out...

I did a couple of small palm tree jobs this morning. The trees weren't small but the number of them was. 3 of the 4 trees were all I could reach with my bucket.

8 bids....and I collected close to 6k in money that Ive been owed for over a month.

surprise visits a really effective;)

Got off early today. Started with a removal and a quick prune. I got some spike time in in something besides a Pine. A tulip poplar I think. Will double check later.

Anyway, I brushed most of it out, then I chickened out on the top and chunking wood down. Still getting used to the feeling of going just on spikes and the flip line and I didn't feel real comfortable doing the top and wood. So I came down and ran the ropes while Dad finished it.

Then I did a quick one limb prune while the crew loaded the wood. After that it was lunch time and then unload the wood. Then pick up some bushes, and deliver them. Plant them in the morning.

Went out to a client I thought we had finished this season (she called insisting on her previous scheduled day even though we had slipped her in early) and took a 1/2 day today... She takes good care of us and I make mucho denero ($$) off her all year.. I am slowly getting her trees too... :D
Been making some rounds in town... Checked on a self destructing Brusher...(died in two weeks with a new motor). Seems the pin that retains one of the rings on the piston came out and killed it... Guess I get a new engine:lol: Guess that would be another free engine :D Should have it back before the end of the week.
All and all a good day and I was ready for a light one :)

Ordered a new pump for the mini, it's only a single section so I'll loose my secondary aux ports but I never use those.

I'm grinding stumps tomorrow, pump should be here Thursday morning 8). Around 14.3 gpm at WOT, which might prove to be too much for the stock valving, we'll see. That's enough flow to stall the engine, but that's not a big deal unless the valves start sticking from too much flow. That should make for a travel speed around 5mph, minus wear on the drive motors.

If it's too much at WOT, I can always keep the throttle pulled back. 2-2.2krpm would equate to full flow for that section of the original pump.

Adrian, DON'T work down spars with just spikes and a flipline. Keep a lifeline in play also. The ideal way IMO is with an adjustable friction saver. That allows you to choke the spar, be ready to descend at any time and also easily adjust the set-up and slack it to reposition as you block down the spar. Granted, this doesn't change the feel of standing on gaffs and leanig back into the flipline but it offers security, escape and redundancy (TITS) which helps with the confidence as well as safety.

I think Andrew (Jonseredbred) still has a used one for sale. Call him up and shame him into giving a deal to a fellow forum member. ;)

Back