How'd it go today?

Do you have a spare? My ability to make a living is dependent upon my 200T, you can bet your sweet behind I have a spare. And then I have another spare to back up the first spare. ;)

Do you have a spare? My ability to make a living is dependent upon my 200T, you can bet your sweet behind I have a spare. And then I have another spare to back up the first spare. ;)

Shouldn't we all?:D

We have spare after spare after spare. A mix of 020's, and 200T's, and a 192T. Around 10 in all!8)

Adrian, DON'T work down spars with just spikes and a flipline. Keep a lifeline in play also. The ideal way IMO is with an adjustable friction saver. That allows you to choke the spar, be ready to descend at any time and also easily adjust the set-up and slack it to reposition as you block down the spar. Granted, this doesn't change the feel of standing on gaffs and leanig back into the flipline but it offers security, escape and redundancy (TITS) which helps with the confidence as well as safety.

Thanks Justin!! I was planning on using my life line in some form, but it's still that feeling of leaning back in the spurs and flip line that creeps me out a bit.

Oh Lawdy I tried to start my antique '77 f-250 Ford ,no go .I raised the hood and a damned 'possum had moved in on top of my engine and nearly scared me to death .I was cool and didn't wail the the snot out of him .

Went and got some gasoline,put some in the tank and that stupiid thing had got back under the hood and frightened the chit out of me again .You animal lovers would be proud of me .As much as I wanted to make opossum puree out of it I refrained .I warned it though,there ainta gonna be a third chance ,scram .:X

Well 192 did fall of d bucked going down d hiway and only cracked d plasdic by d mufler

Chit,you otta seen me 30 years ago in a bar.Talk about reactionary ,mercy

I worry myself .I'm getting a little soft in my old age,sort of .:/:

Worked an 11 an a half hour day today. What a killer!

Climbed two big trees. The first I had to go up around 60ft. My 120ft rope was just enough. And when I got up there I was still a good 20ft from the top. So a good 80ft+ Yellow Poplar. We set up a floating false crotch for the rigging, and we rigged some limbs over the roof. Ended up doing longish(for me) limb walk. And man, you definitely have to be ready for when you cut the tips off!

Next I helped on a big, beautiful Oak. Don't remember exactly what type. Just rigged some small limbs over a fence about 20ft or so off the ground. Dad worked the house side and did roof clearance.

All in all, a good day. Got 3 jobs done, so a good day money wise. Best part is, a check finally came in, so it's looks like a paycheck is in my near future:D

helpful advice
The Farmer and the Donkey
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway. He reckoned it just wasn't worth the effort to retrieve the donkey.

So, he invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.

At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping-stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred.
Free your mind from worries.
Live simply.
Give more.
Expect less.
Oh, and one other thing....

The donkey later came back kicked the crap out of the farmer who had tried to bury him. Which brings me to another moral of this story: If you try to cover your ass, it always comes back get you.

Good deal, Adrian. We try not to do this stuff for free. :P

An exciting morning for me today. Two very tall pine tree removals, both over the power lines. I limbed up everything I could reach from the bucket and the tops were still too high to rig out from 60' without hitting the wires. On one of them I ended up setting a tag line, dug up 4-5 azaleas and flopped it across the yard. I had 95' from the stump to the landscaping on the other side of the yard and the top still landed in the bushes a little bit. A couple broken tips on a few shrubs, no biggie.

On the second pine I wasn't as lucky. I climbed about 15' up from the bucket and took the top in two pieces. On the first piece, a limb broke off and landed across two power lines which blew the breaker a block away. I'm sure I was real popular with the neighbors today. :roll: Of course I'm above all this and cannot see the wires, so I'm trying to get my groundman to tell me if the top I just cut was hanging down into the wires. I had about 10'-15' clearance. So I rigged and cut the other half and then came down a little ways and pieced them out.

I didn't rope the tops out and lower them to the ground because there wasn't any place to lower them without going into the wires. I had to piece everything out and throw it through a small opening between the wires and the other trees. A lot of the stuff got tossed over the wires into the street.

Oh, that was all before noon. Then I went and did a second trimming job, then spent the rest of the afternoon running around trying to get the lever fixed on my material handler (the pin broke between the lever and the hydraulic valve). Finally ate for the first time today at 7:15 and my hip/ back hurts like a mutherfocker tonight.

Skwerl, back to the subject, and none of my business, but losing some weight might help you to feel better. I shed a few lbs. recently, more fish than meat these days, and feel better generally all around. The springback from hard physical labor is improved.

Nag nag nag....

Yep it kind of sucks with a half life that you just aren't as limber at 40 something as you were at 30 something .How well I know by 20 something years .

I moved about a short cord of oak firewood after work .

I had that little chat with my buddy the 'possum that had squaters rights under my truck hood and it must have worked .The little fellow had made tracks for greener pastures .:lol:

Back