How'd it go today?

Andy ... Ever see this? We used it on our modular... It's the shiznit. And not much more if at all from plywood or vinyl siding when you figure piering and such... Hell of an anchor system... I think you can even eliminate the tornado/hurricane foundation straps.

http://www.anchorpanel.com/

Called Fast Track...

I know Butch, it's like I'm a trailer park for drama!

Andy ... Ever see this? We used it on our modular... It's the shiznit. And not much more if at all from plywood or vinyl siding when you figure piering and such... Hell of an anchor system... I think you can even eliminate the tornado/hurricane foundation straps.

http://www.anchorpanel.com/

Called Fast Track...

I don't live in a Mod, or doublewide. Mine is stick built. The new one is geting a solid footing, 3 feet deep, ten inches wide to set on then they are bolting it down. I would like to think he shouldn't need straps?

I just figured that was what he was going with (modular or mobile) as that is what you are taking out. If the new one is stick built then that's another matter. Might want to check it out anyway Andy as they are always looking for installers and new dealers.. Down right simple shat and it beats the heck out of what is the norm for mobiles or modulars. You can also make raised foundations this way or fix foundations on existing... Cool shat.

Taking it easy today. Picking up my room, going through climbing gear, and picking up a cabinet Mom bought. Other than that, not much is happening today. It's going to be in the mid 90's with high humidity, so not much outside work today.

Looks good for tomorrow though, only going to be 84 with 60% humidity. Yeah!!

Our new client we worked for today....
Jason Randal...
7th degree black belt, Magician to the stars, helicopter pilot, teacher at Harvard and MIT... Just to name a few things...
A Renaissance man for sure ;)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-SKSKLWcyk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-SKSKLWcyk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Worked on the doublewide, came home, cleaned up. Then went to a 50th wedding aniversary party. Came back home, changed clothes and went back to working on the doublewide. Finally shut down at 10pm tonight. I'm about ready to just torch the damn thing!
I guess the SIL and her hubby went and looked at houses today:? I don't get it.

Well so far so good. Got the computer problem figured out. Just went to the new puter store in town and got a new set of keys they way I like em... a new card reader so I can up load pics with the better camera, and a new head set.. I could have just kept going.. HAHAHA Stopped at the hardware store and got some pads the cooler :) and some dip for the rope tips :)
Went by the Self Help legal center and started my paper work on a suit. Town hall for a lien .... Gas station to flirt with the cashier and ummm get some gas :D Lucky Logger for some beer.. Office supply for some stuff... Took Wyatt and Ian to town so Wyatt could deposit his pay checks (kid did good!) and they got some vid games to play from the new store. Now to start doing some catch up around here and type up some stuff to make the no pays life a lil hellish... Working out to be a productive day off.. Oh and Levi went with Grandma and Grandpa up to the creek camping :D Sure is pretty up there.. I should get some pics when I go pick him up.. Right on a stream on the way to Yosemite... About 5-6000 foot elevation... Good trout fishing too :) And of course the trees :D

Some new additions to the phunny pharm today...:D

Meet Bailey and Marvin respectively.. They are going to help keep the goats safe from predators and eat lots of brush... Got them for free.. Katy worked it all out, two gelded males..

They have also been pack trained to help haul things like chainsaws and water deep into the woods :D I am hiring them! :lol:

So far Bailey is my favorite.. But we'll see how Marvin does ;)
Stephen & Katy's new groove.. Don't mess up my groove mang! :lol:

Looks like the geese G A S! :lol:

Attachments

• DSC_0059.JPG
    DSC_0059.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0060.JPG
    DSC_0060.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0063.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Man, today got off to a rough start. First we couldn't find the carbide chain, then a pin is broken on the 660, so we slapped the 36" bar on the 460 for a few finish a cut. Got one log off that big Bur Oak stump, then that's it. Took half of another log, but things went downhill. Chain kept coming off the bar, etc. In the end, we left the stump since we can't move it at all. Going to rent an excavator or backhoe to dig it and flip it. From there, we will either grind it, or load it onto a trailer.

Second half of the day was productive. I did two Maples. The first, one whole half came out since it was dead. I had fun in that tree, since I had a good tie in, and it was a mix of cut and drop, and some rigging. Second was another Maple. Removed a big stob, a dead branch, and some suckers. But upon futher aerial inspection, I found that a lead going over the house has some extreme rot going on! You could fit about a foot of a stick into the branch, and when you tapped it, you could still hear hollow wood beyond that. Going back tomorrow to finish it, with Dad or another climber doing that lead!

Good deal, Adrian. Sounds like your old man is training you right. :)

A good day for me today. I did a job referred to me by my house mover guy. The customer has to move her house all the way to the back of her lot (within 15' of the line) in order to be able to keep it, otherwise she will have to remove it completely. The State is going to widen I-4 through Orlando and she's losing her front yard to right-of-way. I cut down 7 trees (only 3 were of any size), had Mike and his crew chip everything up, had Larry come with his Bobcat and haul a load of logs, and had Bobby come with his big grinder and grind the stumps extra deep so they can dig the footers. Boy, it's nice knowing people! We were done and pulling off the job by 2pm. I made decent money considering I didn't really have to do much. Just paying back a little to the guys who hire me all the time.

Dropped a big red oak, and pieced down a large chestnut for a contractor building a house. Two hours... and the contractor did all the clean up. Spent the rest of the day doing maintenance on everything in the new shop. We finally got it all cleaned up last night, so we're putting things in and getting it all stocked up.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Just finished cleaning my computer.... Adding the card reader and another 80 gig HD I had lying about meaning to go in... New Keys and head set.. Sometimes our work pays out :) Been wanting to get things done here for a while... I would have liked it however if I had purchased a keyboard like I am used to with on screen display. But this will do as there are not many choices in a local setting. I will see what I can find in the city and upgrade one of the kids if I find one I like.. So far everything else works great. And no I did not do it in the garden ! :lol: This is one I built 4 years ago for singing on and talkin' to yous guys ;) Still needs another couple fans for my tastes... ;) Working on that...:D
Today is still proving to be productive.. Dang this new key board takes some getting used to... has a sweet touch to it. I am going to build one soon that has a better and tighter bundling of the cables.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    787.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    918 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0067.JPG
    DSC_0067.JPG
    501.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0068.JPG
    DSC_0068.JPG
    456.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0072.JPG
    DSC_0072.JPG
    641.1 KB · Views: 5
Got home from a 4 day camping trip today, got work all week and a backlog of phone calls to get to

Back