How'd it go today?

Could be for all I know. Could also still be the stock clutch. Really looking into this, now trying to figure If I want to do it or not. Betchya that tranny is heavy. :/:

One of my bucket trucks is like that, acts like an in - out box.

Pressure plate is no good.

The wrong style clutch can be really disastrous in a towing/hauling rig. Ceramic clutches hold well, but are like a light switch. Check out tstproducts.com for tuners and other parts. Also check out Haisley Machine for clutches, that's where I got my McCloed Twin Disc. Depending on the tuner, you'll want a pyro gauge, and an upgraded clutch anyway.

Thanks Dave. I am a member on thedieselgarage.com forums. The Ford guys seem to like DPTUNER, DP said get a 60hp tune, then I'd get the high idle, EBPV brake, and stock. Yep, I'll throw in a pyro too. Southbend clutch seems to be really popular too, I'll check your links also.

FIRST I still have to service my ball joints, planning them for next week (sorry Mike/devildog). I've had his ball joint press for weeks. From what I've read my hub bearings are probably shot too, and on the ford you have to replace the whole assembly, not just the bearing. With my year truck (early 99) the front end was a little different than the others, along with some other things, and the hub's are even more expensive. Might just do the Dynatrac kit and be done with it.

One step at a time.

Man, I'm beat today. Climbed 2 trees today. The first of which was my first full fledge removal other than a Pine.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it? You'll only get better as you do more, but remember getting better at any job can breed cockiness and complacency, so don't let it! Always think safety safety safety! PPE and constant vigilance to safety standards, especially at the end of the day when you're dog tired!

I'm glad I never posted any of my stump cuts on this forum, as it would have been an ugly mass evisceration! I finally learned how to make proper cuts on stem removals on this site (and the AS site). Unlike loggers, most arborists just don't get proper training on dropping trees whole.

Thanks!!

Well, today was HOT!!! We got rained out the first part of the day, but we started back up around 9:00 and worked till 6:00.

We also got a big emergency call from a new customer, a Golf Course. Another golf course referred us to them. A 300 year old Bur Oak toppled over during the storm last night. Dad checked it out and it's around 4'DBH. Starting at 6:30, have to have at least all the brush chipped by 2:00. We're going to have 6 guys, and a skid steer, so if we can get it all done, we'll definitely have one foot in the door with this Golf Course. I'll take the camera and try and grab some pics.

Chucky, isn't that the truth! I also learned a lot about felling trees from the loggers and other experts here, and it's made me a much better arborist. It's always a battle with new clients when I want to drop a tree whole and they want me to piece it out, or set a rope and yank it over with a big truck. But I've become much more skilled with practice and have gained the confidence to drop big trees with accuracy and safety.

Not even on a good day for me ... I would have pieced it down... Very impressive to say the least !

We finally finished this one neighborhood we do several people on today and I got to do some more pruning on one guy's trees. They had been let go and one was broken in many places on the ground last year. He decided he just wanted them as shade trees and screw the fruit. SO I have been training them up for almost two years now. The trees are starting to take better shape and healing nicely. A pear, peaches, plums, nectarines and apple. Prior to the wife leaving she had me butcher the mimosa tree again... :roll: She tells me where to cut and I do. It's her tree and she da boss as to what to take off for her. Oh well, pays the same. :P:|:

Oh and the brusher that just got a new engine two weeks ago died again today...So I guess I need to go put one of the stihls back together ....

Finally got a Trailer for the mini, and it made today SWEET! It doesn't dump or anything, but it's 16' two axles, 1.5' sides, and it can carry all the big wood from a 80' yellow pine + the mini no problemo.

:D

Got to the job this a.m-no could get the bucket into the back yard.They have a drive through gate but there is insufficient turning scope in the narrow alley. Oh well, I kinda figured on this when I bid it-Big Ash- crown reduction, deadwood and clearance prune with diddly for a drop zone. So I climbed it and stuffed the top down the center of tree..... and then the storm came. I had to exit with a few things uncut in the side opposite of my ascent. Left that soaking mess unfinished and, after the storm passed, went and removed a Ailanthus lead over a house from the bucket....and bid stuff all over the place. I got home after 10 PM......to more storm damge calls.

Nice lookin fish, John. We need more bass in our lake, although not quite that size, yet.

Apparently there's two Bogue Chitto, MS's. One is 80 miles away (the one Google found) and the other, where the match is, is 220 miles away (the one my GPS found). Luckly I figured it out 3 minutes into my trip.

Looks like I've got the day off, mainly.

I was going to a rifle comp this morning, Google said it was an 80 mile drive, roughly 2 hours, so I left at 6 to get there at 8 for registration at 830. A few minutes into my trip, my GPS found satelites and said that it was a 220 mile, 4 hour drive which puts me there at 10, an hour after the shooting starts. The one 4 hours away was the correct one, but it was too late for me to get there in time.

When I got home, I realized there's two Bogue Chitto, Mississippis. One near Philedelphia, the other near McComb.

Back