How'd it go today?

Today has been SWEET!! Started at 6:30, pulled up to the job around 7:30. Big ass Bur Oak, must be 250 years old, at least 50" across. Blew down during the storm Thursday night. It had to be out of there by 2:30 or so. By 11, we had it all brushed out and started on the wood. By 1:20, we were on to the big wood. By 2:30 or 3:00, we had it down to the last 10 feet or so.

We had to stop then because we didn't have a big enough saw. Our 660 with the 36" bar was cutting crooked, so we used the 460 with 25" bar until these last pieces where we couldn't reach the center. So we're back out there Monday to finish it up with a new bar.

Also grabbed some pics that I'll post after dinner.

Figgen hot and tired... Blew out that account today and then had an asthma attack and I left my meds at home .... Flew to Rx store and got my air back... Then the fuel pump went.. So we changed that in the middle of some very hot asphalt on a very hot engine. You could hear how pleased I was burning the shat out of myself everywhere. I was seriously done and had enough.. Plus just too hot too long. Finally home with some more pay, a cold beer, swamp cooler and a cold shower soon. I am past well done...

:)
I forgot to say we drove the truck home :)
Gotta love dem old 1 tons...

Sold a nice trimming job for July 13th. Brett agreed to bring his Spider Lift up to Orlando to help me out with it. With his help we'll get it all done in a day. The main tree is a massive old live oak that covers half the front yard, towers over half the two story house and spreads out over the neighbor's house. two other live oaks in the back for Brett to access through the fence gate and another skinny oak by the curb out front. They don't need much but there's a lot of area to cover. It will definitely be a good job for pictures.
:)

Went to a graduation party for my wifes' nephew .Got things tidied up for my family reunion tommorow .Plus fiddled around on the internet.Not too bad all things considered .

I messed around today. Went out to my cousin's to return the power steering pump pulley puller and took my Dad with me to try and entertain him. I took a couple of pictures of 2 canes that my cousin made. The first one is made from lemon wood, the second from almond. The handle on the left is attached with epoxy and I think the lemon cane handle is from a naturally occuring crotch. He had polio as a kid and uses a cane now when he takes his shoes off at night.

Attachments

• tom 001 (Large).jpg
    tom 001 (Large).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3
  • tom 002 (Large).jpg
    tom 002 (Large).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3
  • tom 003 (Large).jpg
    tom 003 (Large).jpg
    122 KB · Views: 3
Today was a beyoch.

Spent most of the day driving the golf cart around drinking beer. Man, it sure was hard work in all this heat.

:lol:

I'm beat, been helping a buddy demo his old doublewide so he can get the foundation poured for the new one! His mom is a depresion survivor, so EVERYTHING is worth something:roll:
Spent this morning pulling off half the rafters.
Came home to eat and cool off for a bit and had to go to the SIL's. She and her hubby have been fighting off and on for two years. She and idiot and has some deep mental scares. He's an idiot, no HS diploma and ten years younger. Too much to get inot right now, but he hit her today:X
Everytime I went to hit him my wife got in the way, then he grabbed the 16 month old baby and used him as a shield:X:X
I was ready to beat him to death, revive him and do it again! Next time I think I am going to call the cops and he can just spend the night in jail! And she's a bigger idiot for putting up with him:X

Then I went back to the doublewide and took out all the windows. "Well we paid $150 for those windows twelve years ago.................."
I'm enjoying a stiff drink as best I can now!

Back