How'd it go today?

Carl, My sister used to gag on pills and sometimes food... No rhyme or reason it seemed... Mom eventually sent her to the Dr.s for it but I can't remember what they did for her. I'll check into it. Some people go through life with it like my ex and just cut stuff small and grind up pills... Sorry you have to deal with that shat.

Cut down about 5 acres the first place today.... He has us do it almost 3 X a year and some tree work from time to time too... Took some bull pines down last year and dropped one in a sweet tight spot after changing the top weight, wish I had pics of it.
Got her done in 5 hours three of us and moved on to the next one. I am burnt :P
Wyatt did good.... He is new to this and really working hard at dialing it in and getting it done :D (Rob's son).

Carl, my wifes grandma had something similar. Turned out it was a flap of somthing in her throat that they removed and is now hardly ever an issue. She would get so embarrased in public that she didn't want to eat out.I hope your fix is as easy.
To sum up today...... I love my dingo. Loaded wood all day with it, more tomorow and stump grindings also.

Bummer Curl, i hope it clears up soon.

Day off for me today, Bunker Hill day you know!:D

Just another holiday in Boston celebrating our victory over the british;)

In other words.... an excuse to drink a few beahs eh? :beer: :D

Since I'm on vacation the day went like this:

Wake up and debate on whether headache is allergy or very minor hangover(I'm thinking allergy)
Make breakfast
Practice putting and pitching
Wash Uncle's clothes and visit at the hospital
Enjoy a cold one, and watch a movie.

LJ texted me this eve, something about being in hella discomfort and the blockage being removed. Words like hiatle hernia and such appeared in his messages... said he was in an ample amount of discomfort and heading for the rack for the evening. says it hurts to drink and hurts to eat.

MAN!!! Good luck Carl!!! Seriously!!!

I'm beat, and had a bad day!!! We moved around 7k of concrete! The first step was 8"x4'x3' in the ground. Step two was 12"x4.5'x3' in the ground. We could move them!
The last step, 5'widex3'deepx3'+in the ground, we couldn't!!! We finally rented a "breaker" to go on the front of the Bobcat. Ugly does not even begin to describe it!!
Got home, needed to mow. My buddies brother shows up and wants to chat? He never shows up, for ANYTING!!!
Got the mower out to mow, broke the drive belt lighting a cig!
Then the buddy who's bro shows up, he wants to borrow a gun?
Yea, I'm on that one:?
The first belt I got was too short, went to get a new one. Not even a mile out, wife calls. Just in tears. The dog had died, but she couldn't tell me that on the phone?
I came home, loaded him up, got the right belt :) for the mower! Got it going and mowed like a mofo!! Did the 'sitters, the neighbor's, the lady across the street, and mowed mine with the lights I swore I would never need:what:
Got done a 9:30pm, then had to deal with the d o g issue!
Took him out to the country, called in a favor and had PERMISSION to bury him there.
Yeah, I'm tired!

Damn Andy if it wasn't for bad luck.....Well you know how it goes!!!!!
To bad about the dog.

It's not right, but honestly, I think the dog was about the best part of the day.
He was making "groaning noises" last night, I spent 45min, after 11pm with him trying to figure out what he wanted/needed. I think he got into something he shouldn't have when he got out. He really wasn't that smart!
Bubba, he ain't right either, he already wants a dog like "Zuess" I pray to God I never find another dog like that again!!

LJ texted me this eve, something about being in hella discomfort and the blockage being removed. Words like hiatle hernia and such appeared in his messages... said he was in an ample amount of discomfort and heading for the rack for the evening. says it hurts to drink and hurts to eat.

:( Hope you feel better quickly, Carl.

Andy, my condolences on the passing of your pup, even if you were not so attached to him. May your next canine companion be a more harmonious family member.

Yesterday's summary:

Go to the otolaryngologist, he runs a scope up my nose and down my throat, checks out my voice box and above, nothing out of the ordinary. He sends me to the GI doctor, I get semi knocked out (shoulda gone full tilt), and he shoves a ginormous scope down my throat via my mouth. He cleared the blockage, stretched my throat in a couple places (between me groggly pulling the chit outta my throat so I could get the stomach juice out and breath), and apparently inspected my hiatal hernia.

I didn't get to talk to anyone that did the procedure after I fully sobered up. I tried drinking water, but that just hurt like a SOB. Eating wasn't any better (going on 25 hours since I had anything to eat or drink), and milk wasn't any better than water. I managed to eat a taco (chewed to hell and back) as it hurt less than the burrito. I was quite pissed off that I couldn't eat or drink nearly anything (one taco and maybe 12oz of water doesn't satisfy a man of my ginormousities.) So I go to bed, thinking since I can't eat or drink, I might as well sleep. WRONG, I woke up maybe 30 minutes later. I don't know what was hurting so, but that was the most amazing pain I've felt. Sitting up made it somewhat better, it carried on for 3-4 hours before it calmed down enough for me to go fetal and catch some sleep. I slept normally (best I can remember) for the rest of the evening, even able to lay on my stomach without discomfort. This morning it is still sorish, but nothing like last night.

I have some pictures, but no info to go with them as to their location/relevance. I do have a picture of the piece of chicken, supposed to follow up with the DR next week, hopefully I get more info and the video then.

Sorry to hear about the pooch, Andy. Sounds like Bubba is going to miss him.

It's not so much a medical problem as an inconvenience. This is the first time it's lasted (nearly) a day, and the first time I've gone to the doctor about it. Hopefully insurance foots the bill :)

DAMN Carl!!! Nothing about that sounds good! I hope they can figure something out soon!!

Yeah, Bubba was asking for another dog like Zues, I told him we will get another dog, and hope he wasn't anything like Zues:lol:
The hunt is on for another Wolf pup.

My current pain is from the procedure, not the lodged food. I hope/figure the pain will be greatly reduced tomorrow morning.

I did manage to finish the burrito and drink a quart of tea, thinking about milk next.

I was down to 237.0lbs this morning, started yesterday off around 243.5-245.0, first time I thought to way in I was down to 242.4, which was around 10 I think.

MB, the first time I remember this happening was 5th grade. This was the first time it's lasted overnight and not popped down first thing in the morning. All told it was in for about 23 hours this go round. It's only lasted overnight 3 times, into the night a couple times (cleared while I was sleeping).

I can't eat a piece of baccon without something to drink, less it gets hung up. I'm not sure how much they stretched it last night (as I pulled it out twice apparently), but hopefully enough to fix the problem. If not, I'm not sure I'll let them try again, last night wasn't a good time.

Up to 238.2lbs now, for those keeping track :)

What is hooking/holding the food? I don't understand - there's something in your esophagus that's grabbing chunks of the food you swallow? :?

I'm guessing there's a restriction. The hiatal hernia could cause it, but the food typically gets stuck higher up. I think I remember them saying they stretched my throat in 2 places.

I just remembered that someone ran into my car yesterday at the hospital, they didn't stick around. Adjuster should call in the next couple days.
DSC05893.jpg

Carl,

I have suffered from a hiatal hernia for years and have had a stricture stretched a couple of times.

Hope you get better soon, above all, chew it, chew it.

Back