How'd it go today?

Spent most of the day in the back 40 cutting out more trees with broken tops.

If I get really ambitious sometime soon, I might even skid them out and do something with 'em.

I worked with a friend for cash.

Cool day huge view of the sunny bay, lots of sail boats out on the water.

Half of a Cypress died, so we deadwooded it. Funny.

Got that burn pile from hell done today that kinda rolled in last part of our season ... Sometimes I really dislike Dozer operators:X
Pushed the thing right to a drop off over a creek right under a nice white oak.... Cut apart and pull apart and burn in small piles out side the drip line. Once down to wet and muddy twigs and stumps we torched it as a smolder pile and kept water on it and the tree. I ended up falling down into the creek off the rocks:X I am supposed to do a TD pine tomorrow and my knee and elbow is buggered.. See how I feel in the AM :X

On the good side I got paid, went down to the valley, had a nice lunch and picked up like 40 fence posts :D

I just finished my taxes. Thanks mostly to my big bucket truck lease payments and an almost complete lack of income for the last 3 months of the year, I'm getting a refund of over half of my estimated payments from last year. Going to scale back on my quarterly payments this year. :)

I did an ivy clean-up this morning and a bid. Had lunch with my Dad (friday is clam chowder at the old folks home). Worked on my truck this afternoon.

Look closer Reddog- John's fish had vermiculations on the top of the back.

Leon. I have little interest in pesticides either but Colorado is so Californicated that one must have an applicator's license to apply BT, neem oil, insecticidal soap or other eco friendly products for pay. Of course consumers can apply much nastier things themselves without training or supervision. I want my country back!
Ironically I am fully insured for spraying. My customer in the pest control biziness and I discussed him getting into the tree spraying end of things.... but his insurance was going to jump $4000 per year so he decided against it.

Stumper you are right.
But the brooks we get look like the top drawing. The second is drawing is a brown for reference.

Anyway, Nice fish No bivy.:)

I am really tired. I keep getting more and more work, which is a good thing, but between working jobs and bidding jobs I am running out of time. I am behind on billing too. I need to stop time for a bit.

I know the feeling Darin. Gets hard to stay organized and be the numero uno tree trimmer/slayer.

There are worse problems to have though.8)

The idea that the bottom could drop out at anytime motivates me to work harder. I just hate feeling like I am always behind or forgetting something.

I had to idle my truck for a little bit to test out the fan before I went any further.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yK4MYBEHj9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yK4MYBEHj9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I shot some pictures of a cottonwood I took down today. It rained on me most of the day.

Attachments

• 100_1684.JPG
    100_1684.JPG
    955.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1685.JPG
    100_1685.JPG
    674.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1686.JPG
    100_1686.JPG
    939.5 KB · Views: 19
Back