How'd it go today?

The other day, I had a neighbor banging on my window telling me to STFU! I'd neglected to see the time... 11:30 pm LOL. I've since ordered some headphones...

The other day, I had a neighbor banging on my window telling me to STFU! I'd neglected to see the time... 11:30 pm LOL. I've since ordered some headphones...

Crazy tree guys!
I trimmed a couple of palms today and did a bid. Then picked up the wife at my stepdaughter's house and got to see my grandkid. He was super cute as usual.

We got rained out today. Their saying we got 2" of rain overnight.

Drove around a lot today. Went and paid a visit to Grandma in the hospital. She had a major surgery a few months ago and during the last check in they found a problem so she was put back in the hosiptal. She's doing better now but they're going to keep her a few more days just to be sure.

Also spliced up my last rope I ordered. Turned into a 5' or so split tail for Dad or the crew to use. Figured out Tachyon also, so I want to order some and make a nice 12' lanyard. The 18' is way too long for my taste and I'm not a fan of the swivel biner that I used instead of a snap.

Found a shop that would do my valve guide, and answer the phone!!! Dropped it off this am, picked it up tonight! $40!!
Talked to the guy with the spare motor, supposedly it leaks more oil than it burns? He wanted $25 for it all, starter, motor and cowel, BUT had a push mower he really wanted running. 20 min. of adjusting the choke and it was loaded in the truck!
Just have to put the thing back together, and hope I don't win the election!

Day one of a poison oak removal. Had a burn day, but as lot of wind. Just had to be careful and plan right. Made a lot of ground today and we will be back there tomorrow. I have a three day plus buffer budget on this place from the rental agency :D

I went and did Cursed's job today. I"ll post some pictures in the work pictures thread. Kind of a long ways up and a long ways back. About 60 miles each way and a lot of winding roads, grades, and stop signs.

Could someone research the names of the people responsible for promoting Austrees for residential plantings so that we can round them up? They should be hung by the testicles until dead. 2 days of climbing and rigging, blocking and pitching, bucking and carting. Nasty, brittle, stupid abomination of a tree.

salmat00.jpg

Sounds like scientists should have left well enough alone on this one or people should read up on them before planting ?
http://www.colostate.edu/Dept/CoopExt/4dmg/Trees/austree.htm

I just got out of the shower, started this morning at 7.

We get to the job we started and it's wet as hell and spend 14 hours doing what should have taken 5-6 tops. Came home, ate dinner, fell asleep in the recliner, got a shower and now I'm here. This morning I'll retrieve the chipper and lift from the guy's back yard and then get the silver maple off the house and take the rest of the weekend off. :)

Are you going to get the kids up in the air again? I loved that, with the balloons and all.

Oh yeah!!!

MB, there is a hive in a 3 story building about 50' away that swarms every year......So I'm "fishing" for bees. Swarms will start any day now. I placed some old comb and a pheremone lure in that trap you see......hope I get em.

Nope... Brian left this morning after brekkie.

We had fun, killed some trees, and things went pretty smooth, for the most part.

Nice to have friends that'll come and help, even if they're 1300 miles and 21 hours away. :D

Woke up to no water. Luckily it was a break in the lines elsewhere, not on our side of the meter.

About two hours into the day, I got a call to "get the truck and bring the tools." My husband was hauling a few tons of feed behind the F-250, when the tire on the feedwagon decided to go wacky. He was SO lucky. The bolts that hold the tires on had wiggled so much, they had reamed out each hole to about twice their original diameter....just about big enough for them to pop right over the lug nuts. Good thing he pulled over so quick.

I got to sit out there on the lane (looking pretty bedraggled, no A.M. shower) and wait for him to go pick up some big washers to jerry rig it enough to get the thing home (about two miles on a twisty lane.) VERY interesting ride home.

I was kind of surprised. I'd say maybe a dozen or more cars/trucks drove by me sitting there with my flashers going, and only three people stopped to ask if I needed help. Times are changing. Or........maybe I looked even worse than I thought with no shower! :O

Just got back from a somewhat tough day. Started out mulching, raking leaves, pulling weeds, etc. Did that till lunch then we spent the rest of the day climbing. I did 7 trees, none overly large. Most involved just going up and cutting a broken branch or two we missed eariler(this is a very high end place that pays to take care of their trees and plants). My 192T broke down before I even got in the tree(chain won't turn) so instead of screwing around with it I grabbed a 200T with a brand new chain8). Man, that thing ripped!!!!:D

Also got to try out some new techniques that I saw in Jerry's DVD's and some of the gear I spliced!8)

Forgot to mention, I ran the crew from lunch until quit time. Dad went to the KAA booth at the Lawn and Garden show here, so to finish this place up I was left in charge!8)

Back