How'd it go today?

Here are some pictures of my fishing spot that I was at today. The last one is a spinach field and looking west to the Diablo Range.

Attachments

• Tom's 005 (Small).jpg
    Tom's 005 (Small).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Tom's 006 (Small).jpg
    Tom's 006 (Small).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Tom's 007 (Small).jpg
    Tom's 007 (Small).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Tom's 009 (Small).jpg
    Tom's 009 (Small).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 35
Damn Darin!! VERY sorry to hear that!! It hurts like hell!!
Have you tried butter on it? If it's that bad it may not do anything, but sure won't hurt to try!!

Al, I went to Wally World this morning and got a 2 1/2 Gal. container of 15-40 wt for diesel engines and it was $12.86.
5 quarts of Casteroil and a Fram filter $14.88 . The day before I had 21 bucks in the same because it wasn't on sale .Should have waited I day I guess.

Man, this rope stuff is addicting!!:D I just dropped cash on another Tachyon line, this time a 120'. I found for a lot of the trees I do at work, 150' is too long. So to help save it for the taller trees I ordered the 120', which is what I used before I got 150' and I found it worked well for most of the trees I did. Also ordered a few short scrap pieces of Tachyon to try and splice before I hang my life of the new 120' and 18' of Blue Moon for a new flipline.(after experimenting with the 18' one, I found it way too long for my liking. So this new 12' flipline should be a good comprise between my 8' and 18' fliplines.

Today was also my first day back at school after Spring Break:whine:

Boring as hell but only 8 more weeks until summer vacation!!!8)

This morning I got to flop a big oak. I made my notch with a 32" bar and it was about 12" shy of reaching all the way across. Surprisingly it wasn't hollow at all. Nice hinge wood, went right where I wanted and was well clear of the house. I burned 3 tanks in the 395 cutting all the big wood into chunks the Bobcat could pick up. I think the saw is starting to seat in a little, it seems like it's getting stronger.

Second job the guy gave me a 'junk' Husky 55 Rancher that he burned up running it too lean. His 'mechanic' said it had no compression. I'll tear it apart and look at it later this week. My other buddy Mike has been talking about getting a 55 anyway but hasn't had the money. It will make a nice project saw for us.

Had a good climb for me today. About 80-90' up a 100'+ doug fir. A top and chunk job. Went really well, I've got some pics but in my uncles camera. Which is film not digital, lol. So when he develops them I'll scan a couple or something I guess. Just to prove to you elite climbers that I can get out of my bucket if I have to.:D

2nd job of the day was a property line cut back job. And the neighbor that owned the trees was a real PITA. It was supposed to be all straightened out before I got there. Then she wanted me to do a bunch of pruning on her trees over her house and just add it into the bill that was being split with the neighbor for the property line cutback. I tried explaining that it wouldn't really be fair or on the up and up if I did that but she wasn't following and was so rude I ended up just walking away. Did the property line cut back as hired to do and left.

I need to get out more!!! I am missing out on all of this fun stuff:lol:
I went and talked to a guy I know at a Radio Shack, wife and I are thinging about switching to Sprint for cell phones. He said "NO!!! Andy, I will not sell you a two year contract with them because I think they are about to go under!" I found that wild!
Got a haircut, came home and shaved up. Then I fielded calls from voters most rest of the day. People are PISSED and want a change! I am skeered!! I might actually win this thing!
The suit is ready, I'll get it on here in a bit then go glad hand people tonight. Should be a pretty good turn out with the fire cheif's retierment reception after the city council meeting.
Mayor 'Redneck. Kinda scarry aint it?:lol:

Flopped 8-9 trees for a C note, got a Jackson for a tip.

Talked to the neighbors about removing 27 trees, all pecker pole chip fest stuff, maybe half a load of stuff we won't chip. If we get after it we might could knock it out in a day. We'll see what they decide.

I'm fixing to head to class, big fun! :lol:

Brendon, for a second I read that as a 'rice muffler' (the coffee can fart mufflers that young guys put on their little cars with the big spoilers). I was wondering if you put it on the Toyota truck or the one ton? :lol:

BTW, your garage is a frikkin mess! About time you cleaned it up! ;) If my shop was that 'messy' I'd probably think I was in somebody else's shop! :lol:

Did another mistletoe estimate and pretty much got the go ahead to start once a month making it go away on over 5 acres. :D

Steve, you will also be getting a call from that guy that needs your help on his HAM tower ;)

Brendon, for a second I read that as a 'rice muffler' (the coffee can fart mufflers that young guys put on their little cars with the big spoilers). I was wondering if you put it on the Toyota truck or the one ton? :lol:

BTW, your garage is a frikkin mess! About time you cleaned it up! ;) If my shop was that 'messy' I'd probably think I was in somebody else's shop! :lol:

Hahaha. The 1 ton had a straight pipe and I just couldnt stand it anymore.

The garage is a cluster fock of stuff, started throwing my brothers stuff away since one moved out 8 years ago, and the other 3 years.

Went fishing! Also installed fresh bars and chains on 2 saws and got the go ahead on a bunch of work.

Back