How'd it go today?

Reduced to yard clean-ups & hating it >>> How's that for attitude ?!?
WILL WALK YOUR DOG & CLEAN UP ITS SH*T
Welcome to Michigan.

got the hive set up.....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8_SSJnyCvhI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8_SSJnyCvhI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OK, what were you doing with the jar? :?

feeding them. Sugar syrup, 5lbs of sugar in a quart jar, add boling water until it's clear. This is to help ensure they will not starve over the winter in case they did not produce enough honey.

I've been learning alot about honey bees lately. I'm still a bit jumpy around them though:O

Just keep sending out those good, "I love bees" vibes.

When my wife kept bees, I would sometimes help out.
I noticed that a totally zen- buddhistic "I don't give a shit" attitude seemed to make them less agressive.
Maybe "I love bees" would have worked as well, but it's hard to keep up, once you've been stung.

I got my chipper running again yesterday after I pulled the instrument panel out. Just the simple act of pulling out the panel allowed the thing to start right up, so the problem has to be crossing or grounded wires. I spent a little time straightening out all the wires, taping exposed metal, etc... No problems for now.

My ol' lady went to her mother's house to visit for a few days, so I went and finished a job. It was raining, but I managed to chip two truck loads and finish the job. Sweet, for a rainy day.

I certainly hope that you've managed to track down the source of the problem that caused the previous owner of the chipper to get rid of it. Every piece of equipment that gets sold is sold for a reason. It's important to remember that when buying used, it leads to much less disappointment.

BTW, there's a product available at your corner auto parts store called 'liquid electrical tape'. I think the brand name is Star Brite. It's awesome stuff. 8)

Ha! I have a bottle of starbrite that I use to dip spliced eyes in to protect them. That stuff IS pretty nice. ...about the chipper... yeah, I knew there were going to be issues, especially because the guy hadn't run it in about 4 months. Also, it was a little convoluted about what would be wrong with it when I bought it because the guy was selling EVERYTHING because he hurt himself and was going out of business. My suspicion is that the guy just sucked, and was just really hard on his equipment. I mean... the knives were adjusted to 1/4" or more when I got it, nothing was greased, all sorts of bolts were seized up, ... it was kind of a mess to sort it all out, but I'm getting there. :D

...only now, I have to go get my alignment on my truck checked. :whine:

...Ohh well... What can you do? :)

When you are dealing with the 12 volts that most equipment operates on ,just a little bit of corrision on the wire terminals will cause to grave amounts of grief .

A suggestion ,clean all the points of attachment then coat these with "koper shield " an anti corrosive compound .

Attachments

• Rocky 038 007.jpg
    Rocky 038 007.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 33
I would re-do the connections one by one in the panel. Those crimp on connectors can have a bad connection that you can't see. Really you should solder the new ones.

Crimp to make a good mechanical connection, then solder to finish it off with a good electrical one.

That ain't shit. You wanna see alot of connections? Try wiring THIS puppy up...

That ain't shit. You wanna see alot of connections? Try wiring THIS puppy up...

Crimp to make a good mechanical connection, then solder to finish it off with a good electrical one.

Yeah, remove the plastic insulator, slip a piece of shrink tube up the wire, put the wire in the connector, crimp, solder, put the shrink tube in place, and then heat the tube and you are good to go.

Back