How'd it go today?

Somewhere I have some pics of a red tail hawk around here. I also have a couple shots of the Mr. getting it on with the Mrs., a fairly rare sighting from what I hear.

Picked up signage for my truck today. Have a job for tomorrow. ...Can't wait to put those signs on.

Helped bro put some fence posts in this morning. We spotted something old and rotten in the woods and it was an old sawmill, pretty cool.

Came home and played with the welder. Working on the mount for the capstan winch. I threw in the towel, dad came home with his pissed off attitude-don't think he was happy the chipper was in the garage and I was within 20' of his gay harley.

Sometimes I wish he had a crackhead kid, he'd appreciate us a little better.

got stood up by my helper today, decided to have a family day instead of trying to do the job (hedge trimming etc) myself. I went to the barn with the wife and boy, dropped the wife off to teach lessons on a horsie to a younger girl, went to costco to buy another remote control care as the one I bought yesterday didnt work for shit.

put the battery (charged 8 hours) in the new car, tried it out and figured out the controller is the problem not the car. Issue is that I took most of the stupid stickers off the car so I cant just return the one I bought. :)

tomorrow I return the one I bought today with the defunct remote I bought yesterday... still with me? :)

its a Ferrari, roughly 1:16 scale, for $33 at costco, its a cheap bit of entertainment. :D

Attachments

• PA234369.JPG
    PA234369.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 3
  • PA234372.JPG
    PA234372.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PA234379.JPG
    PA234379.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 4
Took down a pretty big cottonwood for the Army Corps of Engineers today in Oakdale at a park along the Stanislaus River. Got it down to about 10' and there is a big pile of wood around the trunk. Got two loads of chips/wood done and probably two left. I took some pictures but I'm too lazy to get my camera out of the truck.

Finished a three day booking on a brushing job, got payed, payed bills and got all caught up for the month. Brushing job again tomorrow on another pretty property owned by a retired teacher. I am going to take my boys over to visit with her while we work. She really likes hanging out with them. Should be a good day for all and cash job to boot....

My winter work is mostly at the local ski area , I have done some prune/remove work for them over the years (as an employee with their equipment ect.) My first week back they have me spec out coordinate , and execute a small but high profile historic section ... woodland manicure with trimming of specimen trees....I have done acres and acres of this work before so I knew I could make some big wigs happy.... we rocked it , come out sweet...

Just razzin' ya, B!

Fact is, the "old" values of the wife at home with the kids, and the kids on their own at 18, etc etc just isn't really feasible anymore. Our parents' dollar went a whole lot further than it does today.

Along the lines of NeTree's post, in a lot of places, kids would want to live with their parents, but lack of local work forces them to move to the big cities. The thought may be for temporary, but often they get married, take out a loan on a house, have kids who only know the city, get caught up in the race, and never to return to the countryside. Some manage to crawl back after retirement. Very common here.

I wasted money for years and years renting houses with a bunch of other hoodlums just so we could party our asses off. I don't regret it, worked out for me.

One place me and my buddys rented for I think four years was right beside a resort here, talk about prime spot. Our landlord owned the resort and seemed to like that if people wanted to party like mad they went to our place instead of doing it in the resort. When we moved out they bulldozed the house lol.

Speaking with my mother in the past, there's no problem with ME being here, other brothers on the other hand.....I/we figure its better to save 1k a month for my own place than to pay it into rent. I'm not like a blob on the couch, I help maintain the place, otherwise it'd be hard for them. I plan on purchasing something next year if things go well. I found a couple nice places this year but I'd get laughed at for a mortgage.

I stayed home a long time, paying a small rent, moved out on my own for a couple years, kicked my own ass for not doing it sooner. moved in with the wife for a year, got married (we were engaged before I moved in), paid rent to the inlaws for 5 years then we finally bought the place from them. Mortgage payment is not much more than we were renting for.

I think living on your own for a spell is a good idear for all, it opened my eyes to what it takes to be self sufficient.

as for how did it go today? I will have to get back to y'all, its only 0900 here, I have a 10 o clock estimate then we are headed to the inlaws for the night, its pops in law's bday so we are going up to their place to make them a nice meal (new york strip on the BBQ with crab, and hollondaise atop, orzo and a green salad) and hang out for the night. Bub will likely be the center of attention. :)

Back