How'd it go today?

I'm waiting on a $8500, $6600, $1600, and a $450 dollar jobs. Oh, and the old lady with the nightgown is paying me in 4 monthly installments. I just got paid for the stump from hell and the rest of that job last night so I will have a deposit to make this morning, I'm overdrawn at the bank, I have about a eighth of a tank of gas in my pickup. Hopefully the bank teller will take pity on me and credit the check to my account today. I still have to go about 30 miles away and load up a bunch of yard waste and then go pickup my tractor. Got a job for the Army Corps tomorrow in Knight's Ferry. It's under the limit for them to have to take bids and get paid from Knoxville so they will give me a check from a credit card account. Next week I should be rich for a few days.

Back to work today, my arm's still definetly sore but no more time to rest now.

I too hate waiting on payment, even though the money's coming I find it stressful. My invoices/quotes all say due on completion.

I don't mind if as long as I have enough money to keep going. But this time it's messing me up. The 1600 dollar job is my fault as my contract climber dropped a chunk that damaged a house and I'm waiting for the carpenter guy to fix that before I can get paid. I'm glad Willie brought this up, I've been wanting to vent for a couple of days. Ah, I feel better now after a Treehouse counseling session.

Tell us about your mother...

Jay, was that one of those arranged marriages man?! ;)

Bummer about the roof, doesn't sound too bad though....unless it was a big chunk.

I posted some photos the other day of a crane mishap, where the jib fell against the boom while lifting a tree....human error. The crane operator stopped by my place today, said insurance covers the roof of the house, but everything above the lower portion of the crane is not insurable. The repair costs will only run him 30k. He's not in the best of spirits.

Just curious, when you all get paid over time ....is there interest added? I've noticed that most of the bills I've received in the past couple of years have added that little notice on their invoices.

Used the hell outta that chip box today. removed two big hemlocks (a 70ft and a 40ft) I chipped everything under 15 inches, and still had a little room left. ...Not much though.

The rig is starting to pan out pretty well, and I have all next week booked. :D

Day two of three on a brushing and limbing job along 1000 feet of drive way.... This is our second season brushing this guys drive. He has 120 acres we will be working on for quite some time. Pays good though :) Then after we clear some he hires me for take downs and mistel toe removal.. Ya gotta love the guy :) And he booked two days full crew in Dec already.

I just walked out to the kitchen and saw a falcon (I think) in my back yard. He was sort of pouncing on the ground, probably after a mole (I hate moles! :X). I grabbed the camera and got a couple shots. After I opened the sliding glass door he flew up on the fence (6' away from a skwerl) and I got about 15' away from him before he flew up to the neighbor's roof.

Looks like a red-shouldered hawk. They're quite common around here. We have a nest in a tall pine in the back yard. It's fun to watch the fledglings learning to fly. They're very noisy at times, screeching to each other throughout the neighborhood.

Back