How'd it go today?

Hmmph, spoke to soon. The most painful part was getting the part from my local sawshop. I know it's hard to find good help, really hit and miss there though. Next time I'll remember to write down the part number myself before I leave home and see if that'll help them find it faster.:roll:

Two of those little rubber dealios, $25 and change after tax. Stihl should allow mailorder sales imo. This monopoly system is bs.

Ha I agree, you would thought I wanted to talk to the president when trying to order a fuel line fix for my 200t. Then the bastards lost it in the shop, so I had to make 2 trips back there within an hour.

Two of those little rubber dealios, $25 and change after tax.
No ways ?!? Dang.
When we converted our clothes dryer to LP from gas, we needed an O-ring >>> $25 (included in a conversion "kit" that was utterly useless besides the o-ring ?).
Grrrrrrrrr:X

today went well I just came back from Houston and it good to be home.
Its to hot down there for me

I hope you didn't get too spoiled by the great pay you were getting at your last job. You might want to go back and dig up your old posts from last year when you were applying for it and remember your perspective on the pay at that time. :)

The pay has been awesome, I will never deny that! But I an bit going to settle for less than half!

They still called me four times today, problems with saws. Priceless:lol:

The attic fans kicked my BUTT!!!! I hate shaker shingles!! &0 deg today, I had the thermostat set at 105 deg. They kicked right on!!
It was HOT in that attic trying to wire them up!!

hot the when we got there we dropped our bads picked up chain saws and Rich and went to work. Then we got stuck at some BS gtw job reclaming some bit---ladys back yard for 3 days lots of raking. The hilight of the trip was being in a pine for 2.5 days with a hiline rigging setup. the tree was leaned up on a peek of a roof .should have used a crane but the it was 2.5 weeks out

nother engine fire today, think it back fired through the carb. got it put out so quick none of the wires charred and we drove it home at the end of the day.

Carburators are soooo last century,no last millinium Willie.:) I took out a sycamore today and a little bitty liquid amber in the back yard. Is Sycamore wood any good as firewood?

I spent all day in a large backyard silver maple. It was a mess. I am very tired. Tomorrow I get to kill a smaller silver maple and then grind its stump. The stump has a metal post stuck in it and I am not certain how to get it out. I think I will grind around it and try to break it out.

Well ,sitting besides the old '86 Ranger is a ' 97 I bought today .Not too bad ,58,000 miles .Black ,cover ,bed liner , dual plug OHC 4 banger ,4 speed with O/D .

Now if anybody is looking for slighty used but not badly abused '86 Ranger with a fubar tranny ,I got one,cheap too .:/:

Tree killer!!!

I got pics of that record silver i told ya bout....the one that's 15'11" in circ at titty height, and 104 ft crown spread.

Scored my first job in years in "The Highlands" today...a gated, heavily forested exclusive community near my residence that is surely one of the highest $ sopots on earth....I'd guess the property value range is $2 to 50 million...each....well, who knows, there could be some homes worth less...

Anyhow, the lady seemed to take a liking to me, and said she'd do what she could to get the word out to the community that they need to be working with the best guys in town.......

I sold a stone dead 110 foot hemlock for $1800...it will take about 2 hours with ACDeucy Crane's help....and I should be able to avoid the wood disposal fees I allowed for by having Mike set it on his flatbed, and take it to one of my firewood sources......

Plus, they are needing to decide to take down their 94 yr old giant sequoia, which is about 120 feet tall, and 31 feet in gorth at ground level, and 7'10" dbh.....I bid $6000 labor, it should take two days to brush out and then crane the stick with a 50-80 ton crane...the wood prolly weighs 70,000 pounds...it'll prolly produce 54-70 yards of chips......The tree is gorgeous, but like many sequoia and redwood up here, was planted too close. It has pushed up the garage close to one foot on one corner, and is threatening the home foundation....an Olmstead beauty, easily a $1mm structure.....

Then, today's job was right at the entrance to The Highlands, ,a nice 1.5mm home in its own right...but with a problem with dying douglas fir. So we prepped 6 fir for Monday, when we will be craning the sticks, plus 4 more on two other jobs, including a 120 foot once stately red cedar that is about 6-7 feet on the butt. (customer is adding to his house and it had to go) These firs were clear export grade for the first 40-70 feet, and 5 were 135-150 feet tall. We brougt them down to 100-120 feet. Mike can get right next to them so hopefully can pick the tops of them all, even though his ball height is 102 feet. I got some videos of Dave speedlining, which was required for most of the brush.. don't know when I'll get vids up...I'm so far behind with photo work, it ain't funny.....

Did bids Sat and Sunday till 8-9 pm, and same most of this week, after work....and several jobs called in today...so we continue to be swamped...gotta love it considering the economy.

Two afternoons ago, I got off early, to do bids....puter wouldn't even turn on..I suspect the pwr supply....so I did bid, went to library, found a nice 2 ghz Dell D800 on craigslist for $300 and took it home, at 9:30 pm..

Bought Cowboy Dave dinner tonight, he ordered a 20 oz prime rib, I had halibut....$101 bill....he paid $20.....paid him $500 for the 11 hour day...he's well worth it....doubt if there's a faster removal artist in the known universe....course, I did hobble up two of the trees pretty darned lickity splitty...and Matt did a dead fir, and topped it at 118 feet!

And Mickey was a no show, as his girl was having her baby, he said when he called me at 7 am!!!

Whoooo, I is bushed.

Tomorrow, we gotta brush out 1/2-3/4 of a codom cedar, preppin' for the crane Monday to do the top over the roof......and the wood of course...which should bring a few $100 more than the crane bill..so we might make $2000 for maybe 4-5 hours work!!

That's after I go to Napa to get a chipper hydraulic line built for the one that's had a slow leak for a while...mercifully, as they usually blow out all at once...and maybe change the knives, or do a couple small jobs.

Carburators are soooo last century,no last millinium Willie.:) I took out a sycamore today and a little bitty liquid amber in the back yard. Is Sycamore wood any good as firewood?

haha seriously, i really want a nice truck. to bad were so quick with the extingushiers!:D
sycamore is good hot wood, very tough to split though

A fence post? Thin walled pipes are much easier to remove than rebar.

For fence posts, the grind and break routine works well. Drill stems are from the devil, and angle iron is a bitch as well.

I normally break them with the cutter wheel using the machine's hydro's to push it over. Don't know how well that'd work with a lighter machine, but I imagine it can push more than most people.

The job I was going to do today (felling a good sized oak w/ cleanup) got pushed back to Monday, which is fine with me.

Poor fellow had a GM dealership here in town that got bought out by another one of my clients. Now he spends his days hunting and fishing, although he does maintain a big ole garden.

I just called to see if he wanted to do it today (been on the books for a while, a "do when he and I feel like it job" but alas, he's going fishing at 2 this afternoon.

Other than that, today I gotta pay some bills, give a couple bids, and stay outta trouble :)

I got promoted to fixing a hole in the intertube on the tractor for dad.

That heavy ass wedge driver made short work of getting the tire off the bead, although it hurt like a sombitch when I set it down on my hippy-mandal-clad big toe.

Got a check from Esurance today for$1666.21, the inital estimate from the body shop was a hair over $1500.

Enterprise told me that the car was only rented through today, so I've got a call in to the Esurance lady about getting that extended.

Funny thing is, I still haven't talked to the lady about them accepting liability, although I got a letter saying that I've already been told.

Still sick today.... sent the guys out on another easy clearing job with Rob and had tomorrows work cancel. Think I might take one more day off or two then start scheduling the rescheduling .. LOL

Back