How'd it go today?

Brushed out five poplars today for the crane to come tomorrow and grab the trunks, they're all of 10' tall each now, but from there down would be a pita to get outta this backyard any other way.

good one Andrew.......sugar coated the crane thingy hah....dude had no idea did he......glad you did it. Bring your camera next time.:/:

...glad you did it.

Yeah, even though it was my first time. I'm glad I did it and not the other dude too. I'm definitely gonna take a photo of that crew and post it. I just gotta make sure my camera doesn't break. :lol: Nah... they're good dudes. I'm a bit surprised they put me on the crane too. Until about 30 minutes prior, I had never even met any of them... let alone worked with them. :roll:

say what? Your posts seem to indicate that you are the only competent saw fixer at your workplace?

If you can be at peace with it, thats good, on to the next challenge!

Crane this morning, no pics though running around like a chicken with it's head cutoff trying to keep things going quickly. all went well, seven or eight pics can't remember for sure. All cut from the ground. First time with a crane around, very handy tool. The dude really liked how we worked together as this was a 'get to know each other' kind of job. Said he only works with very few treeworkers but when I want to give it a go at height to call him. 8)

Oh boy, squishy has gotten biten by the bug now. Seems to be a growing epidemic!!:D

Andy, stinks that you are unemployed, But now you can do treework and draw a check. No more early morning phone calls either!

say what? Your posts seem to indicate that you are the only competent saw fixer at your workplace?

If you can be at peace with it, thats good, on to the next challenge!

I would sure like to think I am. Or at least I know who and when to call!
Just got off the phone, they laid off my boss as well. They are cutting deep and fast, without thinking about what is ahead!! They are going to let the idiot from third run the show. I don't think the forklift guy will be there after Monday. It's going to get ugly fast!!

I'll be fine, I have a job interview in the am.

A lot of times a door must close behind you before you can look for the open door in front of you. I hope you're happier in your next job. :)

A lot of times a door must close behind you before you can look for the open door in front of you. I hope you're happier in your next job. :)

I am already happier Brian. A HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders It's hard to explain, but I am not very unhappy about this.

And I hope to be a better person in my next venture.

I am stickin my neck out but congrats on the layoff Andy.. You will find and do better for it. That job seemed a pain in the A** and you seemed miserable for it. I have always found I have done better by these things....

I am stickin my neck out but congrats on the layoff Andy.. You will find and do better for it. That job seemed a pain in the A** and you seemed miserable for it. I have always found I have done better by these things....

Not sticking you're neck out at all. I think it's a good thing as well!

It's funny, I talked to one of the APM's (Assitant plant managers) tonight. He was utterly shocked to hear I had a interview in the am!!!
WTF do they expect?

"Well, I really don't want to loose you!! I can go in and persuade him as best I can if you want?"

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..............................................

What did I miss here???
Anyone?

Congratulations Andy. I'm assuming that you are OK financially for awhile since you are at peace with this? Did the company have a bunch of orders cancel? Good luck with your interview tomorrow. My guys took out a really messed up umbrella tree trimmed a walnut and a pine at one of my old cattle ranch places. I got some pictures and we will be there again tomorrow.

LOL Andy....

Just a note ... My business partner Rob... When I took the business over and made it full time almost 5 years ago, was working in a situation much like ya self... I told him in 3 months from start that he could just quit now... He was worried cause it was a steady pay check and a good one at that. Yeah we suffered a lil one year at a time and he had to take some odd jobs to make ends meet... But guess what ... the company he was so afraid to leave (one of the largest in the world in printing) went bankrupt and he would have lost his job in a couple years anyway... He smiles now :)

Congratulations Andy. I'm assuming that you are OK financially for awhile since you are at peace with this? Did the company have a bunch of orders cancel? Good luck with your interview tomorrow. My guys took out a really messed up umbrella tree trimmed a walnut and a pine at one of my old cattle ranch places. I got some pictures and we will be there again tomorrow.

Boeing aircraft is on strike, Spirit aircraft is cut back to 3 day weeks, and getting ready to start furlowing people. Same as laid off. Anyway just the trickle down affect in our area....
Get out and beat the bush's Andy, good luck with the job search.

Best of luck in a more rewarding job, Andy! Til then, soak up a little un-enjoyment.
I'm bout to fire up the woodstove. Never used one before, and I'm a bit nervous, especially with the kids. I'm thinking though, people have been burning wood in their homes for hundreds of years, and their kids for the most part grew up just fine, right? Maybe an iron railing around the stove to keep the kiddies away, and hope a toy doesn't get tossed on top of it.

Back