How'd it go today?

Sat at home on the "Throne" with the runs all day. Felt like hell!!! Work only called once, I couldn't believe it:lol:

Sorry about the hay Che, glad it wasn't worse!!

Too bad Che. We grow hay to make it through the summer here. My girls both loved that series also OM. I did 4 bids today and fixed stuff the rest of the day.

Do you do carports, Darin!? :D

Thanks guys! It was scary, that's for sure.

Gigi, we had the garden hoses right there, but it was already fully engaged INTO the bales we could do nothing but contain it. Mike had just bush hogged around the bales a few days ago, and there was NO wind at the time, thank God. If there had been, it could have been a different story.

Big old black snake didn't make it. It got roasted and only made it as far as the fenceline. I took a picture, but at this moment don't think I'll post it....just sad looking.

I've had some bad experience with fire, a spark from burning sawdust flew into my dust full vacuum system at the shop. Touch and go whether I could put it out before it spread to the walls and ceiling. I can well appreciate how scary for you guys. Sure glad you put it out before worse. My experience taught me to have a healthy respect for fire.....can't be too cautious.

Meant to post this last noite, but fell asleep...

I just got home (9pm) from work and bidding ( an appx $13k 50 tree logging job, Doug fir up to 140 feet tall, and 32 inch dbh, maybe 20,000 bf of timber.....too bad fir isn't bringing the $800-1250mbf of the old days, instead of 350-700....., lots of room to pop 40-60 foot tops, and 40-70 foot butts, save for 7 to be craned with the 23 tonner...it'll only take 2 hours to get those sticks on the ground, as we'll have them brushed and topped.)

I hobbled around helping the guys today, even chipping.....I just got a right angle drill for the GRCS. which we used it to pull the guys 60-70 feet up into the firs we were pruning....and used the chipper winch to pull a small pine tree up and out, in two pieces..schweet!!! (tip tied and suspended from a big fir....) Videos to follow.....

and the day before, we winched two cherry trees up a steep hill.....set a block on a retrievable 40 feet up in a big sequoia, down to another block which allowed a straight pull to the chipper winch. Got the larger cherry (60 feet or so and 11 inch dbh, up in two turns. Video of it too.

Now I'm up, 5:30 am, have to fill out a bunch of forms so I can get paid on a one day job we did for a construction company on the public works road widening job......prevailing wage statements, all kinds of crap that I've never had to do.....

By contrast, our main client, the County likes me. all I had to do was
submit my bill...as Jane didn't even ask me for a bid ahead of time....gotta love her, eh?!!

Now I'm up, 5:30 am, have to fill out a bunch of forms so I can get paid on a one day job we did for a construction company on the public works road widening job......prevailing wage statements, all kinds of crap that I've never had to do.....

Yeah, the paperwork is nuts, and they send it right back to you if it is not perfect. Anything to delay the payment. :whine:

I'm rained out, too... and no hurt feelings at this end either !
Just finished up one leg of a big project (read : GOT PAID) and need a break. I'll post pix when I can >>> Attorney with sick money turns front yard into zen garden...

Hey, Monkeywithasaw, please tell us you're doing follow-up care on yer ticker ??? We'd like to have you around a bit longer, man.
Che, pm coming your way (day late & a dollar short !)

I had a fire in my house wall years ago. A stovepipe went through a wood wall on its way to the chimney. They had put a big piece of sheetmetal on the wall where it went through. I looked in with a flashlight to check the clearance. I could only see it at the bottom and it looked fine. A chimney fire lit it up between the wall and the chimney!! A squeeze detergent bottle and gallons of water put it out.

Finished a "custom" trim and removal job ...challenging customers...changing their minds contstantly...departing from bid work , yet steadily added on more trimming...went hourly , kept my cool , and actually made them happy complete with check... Then shifted back to deadwooding old Sugar Maples at other job ...rain in forecast...possible day off tommorow!

well just got back from doctors appt they said just keep going slow but no long lasting damage to the heart but some pretty big rips in the muscles around the heart and lung

good to hear your going to be ok. what were you doing when it happened?

Not to pry...but as a first responder we always inquire as to past/previous history..do you have any ? You seem young for heart trouble...also family medical history of heart ailments?

wow. that would have done me in for sure. take your time an get better. i don't wont to read about you in the paper.

altissimus no past or family history of trouble or ailments i think it was from going none stop being hot and very little time to cool down

hopefully not long cus the hired gun is taking a large chunk of my profits but he can sure climb doc said try slowly in another week or so

had complaints about 2 of my wose compitition today. one woman threw one company off her property this am when they spurred up her oak and peeled a couple big limbs down the trunk! kudos for not letting them continue! they were not covered by comp. the second was some one i bid for and she went with someone else against her better judgement. they ground her stump an inch below grade and when she called back they said "you cant grind those type of stumps" haha, so we go back to grind and replant next week:D

Tossed five good sized pines on a fairly steep hillside, plus a few deciduous trees, prior to a new home construction. Wrong lean on all of them with houses on each side, had to use a 1 1/2 ton endless cable puller. Lots of brush to chip, going back tomorrow to finish, and only a 2 hour drive to the site .:|:

Back