How'd it go today?

CCleaner is thorough, simple and free. Although it did delete my powerpoint viewer program when I ran it. No biggie, I downloaded it from Microsoft again.

Oh, I thought it was the single big poplar.

Still sounds like a serious job!

Not questioning your price, just sitting back and thinking what I'd do if I landed a $16k (in MS bucks) job.

I'm fairly certain I'd smile.

The hand still hurts like hell. I figured it would. They have me on a fifteen pound weight restriction, so I can't even carry my tool bag!!
Did what I could, shimmed out and meshed the gears in a 90deg. reduction gear box, put in some concrete anchors (after the holes were drilled for me) and ran some errands.
I gave a safety speach at this mornings meeting. I stated how what I had done was easily avoidable and how stupid it was for me to have done it! I told them I had gotten complacent around the saws, and they were very unforgiving so don't be another idiot!!!
Not sure it proved much, but maybe hearing it first hand from me?
Big boss wanted to chew on me so bad he could taste it, but every time he saw me I think he took pitty:lol: I did catch a rash of crap from him all day!!! Constant bad jokes about missing fingers and rug burns and..........
He even went so far as to make a copy of my personalized plates on the truck, then clip them on himself.

Yeah, they said "STUMPY".

Did the two poplars today...they were more like 110 feet tall, and in a tight spot, so we had to marl some limbs (tip tie them).....was able to free drop 30-40 foot tops though which saved a bunch of time and labor. Way over a truckload of chips. Had three responses from craigslist folks for the wood. The first two didn't turn their noses up at poplar (populus genus) so I hope they show up and take it....Otherwise, I'll have to whine and plead for more $ to load and dump the wood....but the nice ole lady will pay...

now I gotta put together the army base bid...gonna be in the 35-50 k neighborhood.....and the big poplar bid-- the guy keeps calling. He really wants to talk, but I've been swamped. My guess is we'll land that job....there's only a handful of companies that could handle the job...a very small handful....

I had a bid at 6:30 this morning and after that I had my oil changed in my pickup. Went to the post office and there was actually a couple of checks in the mail and I put them in the bank. When I got home my guys were here and we went and ground a big ass stump right next to the house. We, well I hit a couple of sprinkler lines and the job ended up taking us until 5:00. I was pretty hot so i hit the swimming pool and it was awesome.

Glad everything is OK Johnny.

I pruned a couple of honey locust trees starting about a 4 day job and blew another hose in the upper boom of the truck.

I continued to prune a tree today (small crabapple) after spotting a hornet's nest in the top of it. Pushed my luck until I got slammed in the nose, lip & tongue. My bad.
Sometimes I chase dem dollars a bit hard.
I let the customer know to take care of the nest & I'll be back tomorrow.

We had a lot of snow this winter and so far , not only I have I not been stung at work but I haven't seen a yellow jacket.

Today was a good day we mad as much money in four hours as we did in ten the day before. At least one of my bids wasn't stupidly low. I have been on a stupid streak of late when it comes to bids. I hope I am turning a corner.

We have another fire here, not too far from me. I hope we don't have an arsonist. They even brought in one of the big jets to bomb it. Flew right over the house. Seems like it is moving away from here onto BLM land over by the Merced River in the canyon. Winds have finally calmed down. Listening to the scanner and waiting to hear what next. Keep an eye on the clients in the area and show up with chainsaws if need be.
On the days front prior to the fire starting: Took care of a couple jobs today and they went sweet. Especially the dead sugar pine next to a house down the hills from here. Got her down, bucked, chipped, and split in about 2.5 hours. Home owner wanted the fire wood and hired us to split it too. The splitter just keeps on paying for itself. Who wudda thunk it. Tar weed removal on 3 plus acres tomarrow.. easy money! So was the sugar pine! I want more of those.. LOL

Alright, no working today so that means 5 miles on the treadmill. God I hate that 'effin thing!!! The sooner I start the sooner I'm done. See ya'll in 90 minutes!

I just got home and the fire has got a lot larger, came home to an evac notice. Rob and I are going to take down some more weeds with our brushers between the house and the fire. We have already done our required fire clearance, but hey, the more the better. Going to get Katy and the kids ready to evac to some family in case. Rob and I will stay and defend the two houses. Might lose power tonight so I might not be on line here soon. Let ya'll know how it goes as it goes. We should be fine if I know how to read a fire and weather.. LOL but one never knows......

Stay cool, and stay wet!!! Hose down the house, hosev down the yard, hose down youreself, then start all over again!
BE SAFE, and BE SMART!

Looks like our plan is working. When we developed this property, we had in mind that CDF, Calfire would be able to stage here, crews and if they really wanted you could land a helo. We have a fire hydrant on our corner next to where we made it possible for them to stage. Wider driveways and turn arounds on both sides of the property.. Guess what... They doing it.... Whooo Hooooo! Just no helo yet just trucks.. Thanks everyone for your concerns and tidings... I am going out to help Rob wack some grass.. BBL I hope.

set that sprinkler on the roof! wildfire is crazy time, there was some scary ass fiures up Squishers way a few years ago, if I lived up there it would be a major parameter in construction and landscaping I tell ya. well, if I was in a place that DIDNT burn last time, the places that did and have rebuilt will hae a long time before they are reforested I spose.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVp80WCU-mY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVp80WCU-mY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back