How'd it go today?

Anything past 2 pm is overkill.

This isnt arborist related, but Tuesday we slip-formed and finished 2000 feet of concrete curb. Yesterday we slip formed and poured 2400 feet. Then waited for it to harden and saw it every 10 feet with the ole 760 Stihl concrete saw. Started at 6:30am, left the jobsite at 7:30pm. This was in 95-100 degree heat.

Bowtie, I hear ya! To stop a work day at 2pm would be heaven! I am so glad we are looking at a 3 day weekend. Happy 4th of July all you American's!

My day started with an emergency call at 10:30 last night. I figured this could go in this thread cuz I didn't get home untill after midnight:whine:

Big tree from private property down blocking the street with a flattened cab underneath it. There was a hispanic gentleman there who had an old Husky 36 cuz his 'boss', the property owner, told him to take care of the tree:|:

He just wouldn't listen when I kept telling him to stop so I could get the road cleared, so I had to call in the boys in blue for crowd control. He ended up being a big help, he dragged every scrap of brush and then swept the street for me!

The past two weeks have been a weather nightmare around here with afternoon thunderstorms and high winds, the upcoming holiday is just what we need to unwind after the amount of dangerous storm work we have put in ....

and not enough time for my forum addiction:(

I did manage to sneak up to bostonbulls saw shop for some supplies yesterday morning. Got two of those rear handled 200's and two 200t's8)

I gotta say I really like that rear handled model for emergency work.

I can't wait for the holiday break, time to relax and unwind for a little bit. The girlfriend and I are heading up by Plainfield, Wisconsin tonight to stay with some friends. This will be my first time there and found it kind of interesting that we are only about 5 minutes away from Ed Gein's old place. I don't think I'll be telling the girlfriend about that, I can just imagine her freaking out since we are going to be camping out.

Here's some of the things Gein did:
* Human skulls mounted upon the corner posts of his bed
* Skin fashioned into a lampshade and used to upholster chair seats
* Breasts used as cup holders
* Human skullcaps, apparently in use as soup bowls
* A human heart (it is disputed where the heart was found; deputy reports all claimed that the heart was in a saucepan on the stove, while some crime scene photographers claimed it was in a paper bag)
* Skin from the face of Mary Hogan, a local tavern owner, found in a paper bag
* A window shade pull consisting of human lips
* A vest crafted from the skin of a woman's torso;
* A belt made from several human nipples
* Socks made from human flesh
* A sheath made from human skin
* A box of preserved vulvas that Gein admitted to wearing.
* An array of "shrunken heads"

Very weird fella to say the least. I hope everyone else has a good holiday weekend.

and not enough time for my forum addiction:(

I did manage to sneak up to bostonbulls saw shop for some supplies yesterday morning. Got two of those rear handled 200's and two 200t's8)

I gotta say I really like that rear handled model for emergency work.

Did the bostonbull go to Atlantis? (Nassau?)

over the weekend i bought some 10' folding ramps rated at 1000 pounds each. this morning i tried loading my mini and bmg weighing 1600 combined and broke em in 2! got an email with pics into the dealer and hes going to pressure his supplier to find out why. they are built waaaay to light, my others are rated at 750 each and are far heavier. no one hurt and no damage other than the ramps:dur:

Attachments

• ramp failure 001.jpg
    ramp failure 001.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ramp failure 005.jpg
    ramp failure 005.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 11
Lucky day, Willie, as far as the no one hurt, nor damage to the mini goes. They busted the hinge welds clean off, looks like? Care to mention the manufacturer/brand?

no brand on it but the seller said aluma something or other. ill find out soon im sure.
i dont normally worry with the other ramps, they are just to short

I poked a hole in a pool screen enclosure today. I swear the stupid little accidents seem to really pile on when the temps go up and the days get long. I'm trying to minimize my hours but the phone keeps ringing.

Good news is that I got a call from Deva today. :D He's in Ocala at his grandmother's. As of right now I have some work for him on Tuesday and I may be able to come up with something for him on Monday. He's planning on heading towards Shreveport, LA on Wednesday.

I'm taking the day off to catch up on errands and maintenance. Changing the oil and the blades in the chipper, sharpening and cleaning all of the chainsaws. Took the 046 in as I dropped a limb on it a couple of weeks ago and broke the screen where the air comes in and part of the housing underneath the screen, fixing a starter rope on one and laying around watching CSI with my wifey. My 19 year old, make that 20 year old daughter is coming over for a birthday dinner tonight.

Have fun with Deva....he must be used to the souths heat by now...:lol:

I climbed a lightning struck, near dead White Pine.......created a Habitat spar in a view......a little scary but easy...

I betcha you could 'distribute the load' over those ramps by adding a couple pieces of angle iron to them. :roll:
I guess those ratings are similar to the ratings on tools at Harbor Freight. Or wattage ratings on stereo speakers at the flea market. Sorry they didn't work out, Willie.

i was going to weld my own till i saw these :dur: id think tracks would be as "distributed" as it gets

Back