How'd it go today?

is it a grinder pump? thats what we used to move influent to the areatoin tank. 4 years i was there it never went bad

is it a grinder pump? thats what we used to move influent to the areatoin tank. 4 years i was there it never went bad
Yes it is .I didn't even know they made the things until about 6 months ago .Had I known sooner I suppose I could have saved 7 or 8 hundred bucks over the last 12 years in replacement costs .

This tree( all but the first pic) failed in the Dec 2006 storm. It was a double codominate. (Forked into two, then those two into 4 or 5 above)..We had installed a Cobra cable system in the canopy about 6 years ago.I hadn't pruned it, or if I did, not nearly enough. It failed below the cabled area, leaving about one branch. We left it at ~40 feet, as a wildlife snag and suggested having it carved into something. Ann decided to remove it, which we did yesterday. We lowered a 12 foot section with the GRCS, which probably weighed 1500 pounds. It had broken 16 feet above the fork, so we used the smaller trunk to lift the larger one off. Thern we felled the bottom 26 feet, and cut 4 slabs from the butt. Two will make nice tables. The other two have the face cut section missing. I might be able to dig down and cut one more. Anyone want to buy a table? Given time, We should be able to come up with some suitable legs from large curved cedar branches....I'm going to buy some special Anchor Seal wood sealant and paint the slabs tomorrow after work., to keep them from checking and cracking. Then Eric of GoGreen Design can help me get them planed and sanded. The holes will create some character for the table...something could be placed in them, like a glass candleholder...etc...

On either side of the tree, bigger and better cedars thrive. Ian Scott pruned one 6 years ago, and Dave Sturm and I pruned the other one last month, which is nearly 24 feet in circumference at ground level. (See the first pic)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157605931833891/

Attachments

• IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5169.JPG
    IMG_5169.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5175.JPG
    IMG_5175.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5177.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 5
...I'm going to buy some special Anchor Seal wood sealant and paint the slabs tomorrow after work., to keep them from checking and cracking.
I did that very same thing to a 54" slab of maple about 5-6 years ago for a buddy of mine . The last I saw it ,maybe 6 months ago,no cracks yet .Good stuff .

Here are the live oaks I've been working on today and yesterday. The pictures don't do them justice.

Attachments

• live-oaks 002.jpg
    live-oaks 002.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 4
  • live-oaks 003.jpg
    live-oaks 003.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 5
  • live-oaks 004.jpg
    live-oaks 004.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 5
Awesome........did the other climber think you had magical powers?:lol: nice

rode a 70 ton today.....pics later

those trees look huge MB! wicked!

me, I got to be on the business end of hedge trimmers today for a few hours in what we consider hot weather, sweating my behind off. now home to a cool bevy after a couple gallons of water through the day. :)

would be a cool where's MB pic if you can get your groundie to take one of you up that next big tree :)

It's hard taking a pic of a big live oak, you probably wouldn't even see me in the tree.

Awesome........did the other climber think you had magical powers?:lol: nice

I dunno, but he was 12 years younger than me.

Heat is killing me up here it's broke a hundred here a few days in the last week or so. 40c=104f. To hot, it's ridiculous. Right now we're on severe thunderstorm warning for tonight with the possibility of hail.

Brushed and topped out a big schoolmarm fir today with a tiny little dropzone between these two ancient sheds which would damn near collapse just looking at them. No damage today but tomorrow comes down some good sized wood, gonna have to be careful.

we pruned a speciman tree today. very nice canyon live oak, 65' high and 50' across. not as big as butchs but its the biggest by far in the valley. we just dont have many live oak here

schoolmarm:D dont hear that much anymore:)

Heat is killing me up here it's broke a hundred here a few days in the last week or so. 40c=104f. To hot, it's ridiculous. Right now we're on severe thunderstorm warning for tonight with the possibility of hail.

Brushed and topped out a big schoolmarm fir today with a tiny little dropzone between these two ancient sheds which would damn near collapse just looking at them. No damage today but tomorrow comes down some good sized wood, gonna have to be careful.

whine when it rains, whine when its nice and hot out.... sheesh, dontcha know summer is for holidays!? :D get the boat out there on the lake and scope the hotties, I hear K town and the big P are all about drunken debaouchery, are you at the wrong end of the lake? :P

Maybe take a trip on a tube down the canal, just make sure to get in on the first run of the day, after that you are just tubing through everyone elses 'flotsam and jetsam' ;)

Attachments

• 220331F110.jpg
    220331F110.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
Ahh dude I just spent all weekend camping with rich Albertans, so I'm doing alright. I got to much work lined up though to be slacking off. Maybe I just need to hire?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/98hGHjPNo9k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/98hGHjPNo9k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMQjuKC1oJs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMQjuKC1oJs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I worked my guys too long in the heat today. They'll be beat tomorrow. Its supposed to be 103 tomorrow. I may cut the day short even if we don't finish, no sense in killing everyone before the holiday.

I worked at an old cattle ranch today. Pics are in the work pics thread. Took off some split limbs from a locust tree, removed a couple of tree of heavens, and trimmed a big old fruitless mulberry. I violated our 2 pm curfew by about 5 hours. Not that hot here today about 92 I think.

Back