How'd it go today?

My Maytag broke and a buddy turned me on to an old man that fixed stuff like that. He came to my house and fixed it for $60 plus the $15 part that broke. I'm sure there is someone like that you can find... oops, I forgot you live on a tiny island.

It might cost you more.

Hey, do we have any washing machine experts here? My washer has started to slowly drain out the water. I don't mind it so much, but now I can't let loads soak overnight.

Any ideas why it does that?

Butch you may have some thing in the hose, you need to check the hoses that are connected to the pump. You will need to drop the hose down to the floor to drain the water out before you do this or ware your swimming trunks. If you don't find anything you may need to replace the pump.

If it fills and empties the water, and you hear the motor running you may have a broken belt. Mine did the same thing here awhile back, it was the tensioning spring that had broke. I hate the Laundromat also but I have to wash my blankets there because they won't fit in my machine at home. Good luck I hope it's nothing to expensive.

It won't drain and I don't hear the motor. My daughter just called and said she thinks the laundry mat is closed on Sunday :? I would think that would be a pretty busy day for a laundry mat.:what:

Sounds like the controller has stopped working, (the knob you turn) try wiggling and pushing it in and out a few times, you might get lucky and at least get one load done.

I forgot the simplest thing of all did it trip the breaker? in the fuse box.

I know that soap build-up in the washer pump can make it stop pumping.

A gallon of white vinegar run through the machine once in a while helps to clean it out.

Hey, do we have any washing machine experts here? My washer has started to slowly drain out the water. I don't mind it so much, but now I can't let loads soak overnight.

Any ideas why it does that?
You must have a seal leak.Look under the thing for water on the floor.Because of the way they are made with the discharge hose above the level of the water in the tub they cannot self siphon .

If that be the case,put a drain pan under it and run her 'til she quits because changing a tub seal is a beech and generally requires special tools to even get the danged things apart.

We had a leaker last summer,the parts portion was still under warentee but not the labor.I'll be damned if I was going to shell out half the price of a new one on a three year old washer so I disected the machine and reached the conclusion it would be easier to buy a new one. About 700 bucks later ,no more leaker.:(

Oh,I forgot to mention the timer on one that will not pump but still holds water .If that thing goes funky it could just sit like a bump on a log until you either wiggle the knob or move it slightly.

Another thing is often a small piece of material,small sock,knee high hose or something gets sucked out over the tub and gets lodged between the inner and outer tub around the discharge. Pretty easy to find that one,just remove the top of the washer.You can get your hand between the inner an outer tub to feel for the culprit if it's there or snag it with a coat hanger .On some washers you can pull the inner tub relatively easy ,on some not so.

My folks are having their 50th aniversary next weekend. They want to hand out CD's with music from thier time. They gave me the list, itunes didn't have jack!! I joined Napster, they had them all, $20 latter, they are downloaded, "Sweet, I have the hard part done!!" I tell myself!!!
Yeah, ever tried buring 100 audio CD's?:whine:

Getting ready to head back to KC, got to come home for the weekend. Only 19 more days before I get to come back and get to stay at home. 300 miles one way hope to be there by around 7:30 or 8:00pm. I will check back in tomorrow morning.

3 to go!!!!!! I only messed up two so far, not to bad considering you move a laptop too much and it's all over!!

Well, they are all burnt!!!!
Now just have to print the labels and inserts, then label and insert them!!!

Damn, anybody catch the Sabres- Panthers game last night?
The Panther's Richard Zednik is in stable condition after having his carotid artery cut by a teammate's skate. :O
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0H59I_sJ43A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0H59I_sJ43A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and here's a link. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3240117

Jonny, thats wild! I hope he is ok. The only other time I have seen a guy get cut was years ago when goalie Clint Malarchuk took a skate on the neck, horrible!

WARNING! lots of blood!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plvKlnguJVE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plvKlnguJVE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and a week later he is interviewed: (had to include the follow up):
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5ek_3zo8XM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5ek_3zo8XM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I remember after the Malarchuk thing all minor hockey players had to wear neck guards with cut protection, still got mine in my gear bag in storage somewhere..

Attachments

• hockeymonkey_1988_4974496.gif
    hockeymonkey_1988_4974496.gif
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
Yeah, today just SUCKED!!!!
I woke up to thunder, for some reason I felt the need to check the clock, OMG!!!!! It was 3:25:\: I don't know if I didn't turn it on or what, but it didn't go off!! I get in the shower fast, halfway through, the power goes out!! I got done and out without killing myself, got dressed and grabbed my things for the day. No time to go out and warm the truck up before hand, so I run out ust as the heavens open up and really start dumping freezing rain and sleet!!! GREAT!!!!! I start the truck, scrap the windows and get in, it's frozen over already!! I had to stop two more times on the way to scap the windows.
No idea how, but I got clocked in at 3:59!!!!
They tore up the saw yesterday, that they tore up two other times last week!!
My boss didn't come in, "car problems", yeah, whatever!!
The guys were breaking things faster than I could schedule to get it repaired, much less try and fix it!!!
Home now, having a drink and hopping they don't call me again tonight!!!!

Had to climb up this 60 foot dead leaner today. I got er done with only ropeing two limbs which the 76 year old untied for me.
He cut this tree to kill it I guess last year and cut about 1/3 way thru at the base, then had it die for a year then had me climb it.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 18
I killed the last of the big oaks today, ten in all. Man, that lady doesn't have to worry about any trees hitting her house- EVER! :|:

No really good pics, but I'll give ya'll whut I got!

Attachments

• shannon_crane 002.jpg
    shannon_crane 002.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 7
  • shannon_crane 007.jpg
    shannon_crane 007.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 7
  • shannon_crane 014.jpg
    shannon_crane 014.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 14
  • shannon_crane 018.jpg
    shannon_crane 018.jpg