How'd it go today?

Ha willie!

Reminds me of the ranchers talking and one said,"It takes all day just to drive across my ranch.."

The other rancher says, "yeah, I used to have a truck like that too.."

I did some trenching this morning (3ish hours worth), did some office work, lunch then off to grinding. It was so dusty grinding that I managed to get dirt under my temporary crown, although I breathed through my nose the entire time.

The big grinder keeps overheating, gotta get that sorted out. It's mainly annoying, because I have to stop and let it cool off and it's not very productive that way.

Tomorrow I have more trenching, more grinding, and a date (perhaps wed night instead) in Tuscaloosa, a neighboring town an hour to the east.

ETA I did get a $50 tip on the second job, 12.5% of the job.

Nice Carl, Dusty dental work, I think crowns were made from clay once.

Today was a learning opportunity, as we had two dogjoggers run through the
barricades and the tree fell on top of that cone in the foreground.

I haven't actually run fear's sake at work in along time, but from where I was
trying to film from, would have been soaked in brush.

I admit it was a tricky drop. The feller had a plan to lay it on that cone initially,
though others plural told him to do a redirect the other way due left.
That's where he's cutting the face for in the pic.
Funny thing is that the hinge failed and the tree layed perfect in the originally planned lay. Ha.

I might have been standing too close. No biggie biggie biggie.

I took down a weeping willow and a cherry tree right next to each other in a back yard. Also they had a Cedar tree that had a large branch going out over their swimming pool that had a 5' long crack in it and I removed that also. My kid brought my PU to me and had to jump it to get it started, the voltage meter was really low. I took it home and replaced the alternator in it and it is now up to 14 volts. This happened just when we had a bunch of stuff to pack out of the yard. I left my guy working while I went back and changed the alternator. We didn't finish until about 7:00 this evening.

removed a small cherry this am (loaded with ripe fruit!) and chipped some brush. bid 4 jobs and got 3 this afternoon

Little chipping job,bid a bunch, whacked 11 dead cherries and killed a Juniper and pruned out a dying section of an Aspen clump.

I did about an hours climb and pulled out of the tree, the wind came up, my chain was blunt freezing my ass off and for the first time in yonks, left it till Thursday to finish it!

Oh and i dident have any foam onboard for the fence and roof tops.

That's also with my RG85, we can grind an arseload of stumps in a given hour. That's time on job, we grind enough that typically we don't have to drive very far, but I get distracted easy, meaning in a typical day of grinding I might grind 3-4 hours on various small jobs.

I've been installing some irrigation plumbing, an hour ago it was 88.2*, presently it's 92.5*.

some pruning and a small removal for me today, two jobsites, a wonderful 55.5F so far here with partly cloudy skies, 0830 in the mornin. :) forecast high is about 70F, perfect for working.

My dad and I are re-engineering the front slides on our Hot Saw so they don't dog in to the wood so bad. We are gonna cut off the lower third of them and make a slight radius to them.

We are hopin' that with this modification and some more practice we can run with the likes of Rotax Robert's saw... the Predator.

We had one hot saw team up at Deming rib us a little bit that they were hopin' we didn't improve. Because if we do... we will be contenders.:thumbup:

Gary

Like just about anything else we do, Gary...technique is half the battle. Practice is the way you will get better, after the mods to get the beast set up right.

I wish you luck, and am really glad you're having fun...but I still don't get the appeal :D.

Oh Burnham ya can't tell me that seeing the pics of those monster saws don't get the juices flowing a bit? Come on even just a little. :D

I cant even lift a engine out my car much less saw with it. Started my 1800 $ job should be done with it by Thursday. Worked two kids today both 16 years old and wish I had gotten 1 guatemalean.

Back