How'd it go today?

Nah, Kyle is right here, dead right. For heavy duty, big boy work, break out the extension cordage and the plug tools. I'll give an example, one that's not so heavy duty, installing steel roofing. A cordless is fine for getting the sheets and such set in place, but for running in all the screws in the "field" which is literally hundreds or even thousands of screws, a corded drill is the best option. Unless you have a half dozen batteries for your cordless, you're gonna run short of juice.

Have you tried the 9" M18? Just curious, I haven't. I have the small Fuel, and yeah, for most of my uses, flap wheel, cutoff wherls, etc.,it's great. Until I need to hog off some steel, then it can't keep up with a corded. We have a 9" corded Milwaukee that is hard to run because it's so gyroscopically stabilized you can hardly change position. It hogs of some steel, though.

I hate cords and hoses. I only use them when I have no other choice. Milwaukee latest battery and motor tech just released this week is another step closer to having a nuclear reactor on your tool.

EDIT: This post is long. I wrote it to get my thoughts and feelings out there. Please simply quietly skip over it if lots of words overwhelm you or if you don't care about what's going on in my life.

Just cleaned all of my rental furniture so that it's immaculate. It's getting picked up tomorrow by the rental company. After four years of use, it all looks surprisingly great. Then I vacuumed and steamed my floors. Gonna have to do it all over again once the furniture is gone to get to the places that were under the furniture.

Unfortunately, this means that between tomorrow and the 7th, I'll have to sleep on an air mattress and my only "furniture" will be a single foldout chair and a small foldout camping table. It's really going to suck. I'll also have to return my wifi router to Cox right before I leave, so I'll be without wifi for awhile, so no computer use; I'll have to entertain myself with my phone, which blows.

Still have to finish packing my second suitcase and my backpack/computer bag for my flight. And once I complete the 6 hour flight to Massachusetts, I'll have to spend a week or two in a bare apartment, sleeping on another air mattress until I am able buy a new bed/box spring/mattress and various other furniture like a couch, a TV table (my father is giving me his old, ultra nice 4K 65" Sony flat screen smart TV), a coffee table and I'll need a "project table" so that I can continue to film knot videos that can accommodate my tripod and lighting. I'll also have to get wifi installed ASAP.

My "stoke" is pretty burnt out at this point, but I'm so close to finally leaving AZ and returning home, where everything but the cost of living is way better. I'm going to try to get a job at Home Depot shortly after I move because I worked there previously for a few years and absolutely loved it.

Here, in AZ, I had been working at Whataburger, which completely sucked. Just left that job about a week ago after a few years. I LOVE customer service and working in a kitchen meant I basically only interacted with deep fryers at a ridiculously fast pace, endlessly. At Home Depot, I'll be able to work as a sales associate again, I'll be able to help customers again, and the pace isn't as fast.

Then, at some point, once I get my license back and get a vehicle, I'll maybe get a job doing tree work. I can start on the ground and work my way up to becoming a climber. Either that, or I'll stay at Home Depot and study videography/software editing at some kind of school on my days off so that I can do that professionally. I really haven't decided yet. Anyways, that's where my life is at right now. It's a lot to process, and, while it's important to have long term plans/goals, sometimes I have to take life one day, or even one moment, at a time so that I don't get overwhelmed.

I still struggle with urges to drink sometimes because it wasn't that long ago when I had a relapse and drank two pints of 100 proof vodka every day. Staying sober is easily my number one priority. My father, who is also a recovering alcoholic, currently has almost six months of sobriety, so I'm going to start going with him to AA meetings on a regular basis once I move. He's been extremely helpful over the course of this entire moving process; it's really nice to have my father back. When he was drinking he was pretty much useless and disengaged from my life almost entirely. But now we keep one another motivated and work together as a team daily.

Sorry for the wall of text. Just needed to get all of this out there. =-D

Last edited:
Are all foxes pussies? I was in the backyard this morning when the fox came around. There's a little cat not long out of kittenhood that lurks around here, and she chased him off. This is a cat that gets turned away by Spot when she tries to get some food, and Spot's a little cat herself. My asshole boy also chases her off. She's very timid, and when he sees an animal he doesn't recognize, he charges the screendoor, and that scares her away. That fox doesn't have much going for it :^D

Are all foxes pussies? I was in the backyard this morning when the fox came around. There's a little cat not long out of kittenhood that lurks around here, and she chased him off. This is a cat that gets turned away by Spot when she tries to get some food, and Spot's a little cat herself. My asshole boy also chases her off. She's very timid, and when he sees an animal he doesn't recognize, he charges the screendoor, and that scares her away. That fox doesn't have much going for it :^D
Foxes are omnivores with a diverse diet that varies by location and season. They are opportunistic hunters and scavengers that eat a variety of animal and plant foods, including:
  • Small mammals: Rodents like mice, voles, and rats, as well as rabbits and hares
  • Birds: Pigeons and other birds, as well as eggs
  • Insects and invertebrates: Worms, moths, and other small invertebrates
  • Fruits and vegetables: Berries, apples, pears, nuts, grains, and seeds
  • Other: Amphibians, reptiles, carrion, garbage, and sometimes garbage from dustbins
In other words, yeah, foxes are kind of pussies. Their prey is tiny or inanimate and, as already mentioned, they mostly scavenge. They try to avoid any smoke from other animals at all costs. I've observed them at length from the tree tops with my camera on a number of occasions and they are always looking around and watching their six, pausing at the slightest of noises to inspect for predators despite being bigger than a lot of other animals indigenous to Massachusetts.

That part of the movie is hilarious. Good find, @CurSedVoyce!

The guy with horns calls the rabbit a "rodent..."

Fun Fact: Rabbits are not rodents. Rabbits are part of the Lagomorpha order of mammals, along with hares and pikas, while rodents are part of the Rodentia order, which includes mice, rats, squirrels, and marmots.

Removed a small bit dumbly planted Norway maple and pruned two more. These are considered invasive to many in my area. And these were planted as part of the allotment twenty plus years ago. They are all showing signs of girdling roots in the whole place. Made a few snips on a dogwood to get it off the gutters and raise to allow use of the sidewalk. Then cleaned out two invasive pears. That was the worst part of my day.
Enjoyed the boy’s karate class and then my oldest daughter’s softball game. They lost again but she’s enjoying being able to play.
When I got home I got two quick climbs in to remove some broken limbs from my wild cherry trees that were making shortening the grass a hazard. Finally dinner. Heading to the shower and off to bed to do it all over again tomorrow.

Speaking of shortening grass, I did that today. It was almost magical. Aside from the temps that never hit 80°, I got to skip big chunks due to the dry weather we had up until the weekend. I only sweat a little bit. Usually you could expect 85°-90° and about as much humidity this time of year.

Back