How'd it go today?

This bee shut off early. The sun was going down.

View attachment 139740
I knew a kid in middle school who caught a few bumble bees, put them in the freezer and then, once they were catatonic, he tied strings around them, then he let them warm up and was able to have some flighty new pets on long, 1mm polyester leashes.

I thought that was kind of clever, but also cruel. I expressed my concerns for the bees and he did eventually put them back in the freezer, take off the strings, and let them free, thankfully. No bees were harmed by his shenanigans.

Last edited:
I have a grudge against mine cause he stole Spot's water bowl, and pooped next to her food dish. They're also common carriers of rabies, so I'm not fond of having them around, but they're amusing animals.

Well, the day has arrived. The rental guys came and took back all of my furniture. Now my apartment is barren, save for the small amounts of personal belongings that still remain, and my footsteps and voice now produce an echo. All I have for furniture is an air mattress, a foldout chair (which is actually very comfortable), and a small foldout camping table.

I'm a very sensitive and particular sleeper, so I anticipate some shitty sleep in my future. I only have to do this indoor camping thing for five days before my flight. But then I do it all over again in my new apartment in MA until I can secure some furniture. Definitely not renting furniture again. That was a pretty expensive decision, but it was the best option four years ago when I first arrived at AZ.

Oh well. It is what it is. I thought I'd be completely bummed out and run down at this point, but my spirits are surprisingly high at the moment. But as someone who is manic-depressive, I never take my moods for granted lol

Anyways, it's the home stretch! I can't way to get back to MA and see my parents and, most of all, my dog. He's going to absolutely flip out when he sees me. Every time I have visited for the holidays one per year, he always is head over heels with uncontrollable excitement and sticks to me like a fur magnet my entire time visiting and then, once I leave, my father says he starts looking around the house for me. This time I won't be leaving! Can't wait to get my Harry Winston back! =-D

Amazon really likes to make you offers you can't refuse. I've had an interest in electronics since childhood, and might have had a much different career path under different circumstances. I've been watching a lot of YouTubes on the subject lately, especially bigclivedotcom. Pretty entertaining and informative guy. Out of equal parts curiosity and boredom, I started searching Amazon last night for soldering stations, third hands, and magnifying lamps. I found a kit with four flexible arms, a magnetic base, and a small architects style magnifying lamp for something like $42. There was a button for some kind of coupon, that got it down to $32, and it has already shown up and I've just finished assembling it. The lamp is certainly worth it, and it will be very handy for sharpening chisels and plane irons, which I have many to do right now.

20240702_203550.jpg

I'm trialing a new phone and service for my home internet, and so far it's working out pretty well. It's Visible from Verizon. You get unlimited everything(hotspot's capped at 10Mbs) for $45 a la carte, or $395/yr if you prepay(prices are taxes and everything included). The hotspot's noticeably slower with a heavy load, and the signal isn't as good as Tmobile, but I can do anything I want without doing mental calcs about how much bandwidth I'm using. Pretty sweet.

My old plan was walmart on Tmobile, but there's a mandated switch to the Verizon network this Nov. It was $54.nn/month after taxes and added charges. It was unlimited everything, but hotspot was capped at 30GB/month, and if it was exceeded you just got cutoff. No throttling or anything. I very much dislike using phones for anything, so that didn't work great. I had to jump through hoops to keep my hotspot usage down.

I like using phone plans for internet cause I can just stop paying if it isn't working for me. No contracts, no equipment to return. I give money, they give service. I'll be prepaying a year when this month's up. I wanted to test it first, and it looks like they passed :^) So, IOW, the day and week's been pretty good so far.

I just died! Omg, that song was so popular back when it came out in 2013. I think Ylvis is a Norwegian comedy duo and that they originally made this song for a comedy show that was being broadcasted in their country and it went viral. It has well over 1 billion views at this point lol

The lyrics are so random and utterly absurd, but juxtaposed with a music video that has very serious and high quality production value, and trained vocals. It's a classic and now it's going to be stuck in my head for the next month.

Not sure how I feel about that. Thanks? lol

Back