How'd it go today?

In Germany the farmers ‘lease’ the area over their agricultural irrigation canals to companies who erect solar panels over the canals. It reduces evaporative water loss and the water that does evaporate cools the immediate area thus increasing the efficiency of the panels - a win-win situation.

To get meaningful solar on my lot, the trees would all have to be cleared. I'd have almost nothing left. I'd do without grid power altogether if that was the only option.

Jim,
The range shifter on my Kubota has become quite difficult to move. I’ve lubricated what I can, and I am scanning the forums to see what else (possibly internal) I can do before i break off the shift lever!

Yesterday I turned a maple burl blank into this decorative bowl

Attachments

• IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9263.jpeg
    IMG_9263.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9274.jpeg
    IMG_9274.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 6
Today ended up being better than expected. Boss was late, so I could only do one part of the noisewall job, and that was marking cages to set forms. It was still a muddy mess, but I was standing on rebar for a lot of it, and didn't have to be on my hands and knees in mud. Never fear though! The fun part's waiting for me on Monday, after lots of sweet, sweet rain on Sunday. I can't wait :^S

Back at the firewooding. Got another load, which amounts to about 6/10ths of a cord in my shortbed Tundra with tiedowns for the stacked rows. Beginning to get into rot on the biggest part of the stem, so I don't think we'll mess with that one anymore.

We may get to follow up on the power line clearance crew, pick up some fir and alder they've bucked. Probably tomorrow morning :).

Getting a bit perturbed with my neighbors. They're all a bunch of stoners and, because I leave my window open 24/7 and share ductwork with one of them, at least twice a day my apartment smells as if someone has pushed the scent glands of a skunk through an espresso maker and used an industrial strength fan to waft it in my general direction.

I've got nothing against using marijuana. I sometimes take edibles to treat the severe nausea that comes about from my Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. But I rarely will ever use it for "fun," because I actually find that it immediately drops my IQ by 300 points. The plant itself smells actually quite pleasant, but as soon as someone combusts it, it reeks worse than swamp gas.

Anyways, I'm way too polite and conflict averse to give these people a hard time, so instead I'm just going to b*tch about it on here. =-P

Last edited:
You can always show up and say puff puff give.
I also have a condition called "cannabinoid hyperemesis," which is a fancy way of saying that if I introduce marijuana into my body via the smoked route of administration (ROA), I will paradoxically become violently nauseous the following morning. It's sometimes also known as Marijuana Morning Sickness. Anyways, that's why I can only take edibles, because they take a different metabolic path than smoked marijuana. So if you're paying attention, this means I have TWO serious vomiting disorders. Makes me want to puke haha

Wokeup at 3:15 this morning, and I was wired out. "I guess that's it for sleep tonight...". Working with Mike on a silver maple removal today. I've been looking for my WorkingHands goop, but I can't remember where I put it. I think I have BadgerBalm in the truck, and I'm looking at some BagBalm right here, but that stuff's so greasy, and it seems to linger forever. I usually only use that if I'm gonna have gloves on all day.

No clutch - hydrostatic drive on the Kubota
Hydrostatic drive on tractors/loaders is awesome. I've driven Kubota 520 and 530 loaders with the forward/reverse lever on the side of the steering wheel area. Flip it up and down like a turn signal. I much prefer the setup on my Avant with two pedals, one forward and one reverse. That way I keep one hand on the wheel and the other on the joystick controlling the boom/bucket.

Dealing with recovery from the “procedure”. Feeling boated and gassy. Had my eggs and some chicken (sadistic combination) along with toast. Stomach is still grouchy. A piece of advice: shave your chest! Those damn sticky pads for the monitoring wires are not fun to get off!
My turn for the "procedure." :bootyshake:

Back