How'd it go today?

Nope.
It'll be fixed till monday, if not I'll use the replacement 462, which I stupidly had left at home today.
An extra saw really works wonders when it is hanging in the shop at home instead of in the lunch wagon filing room.
I felt real stupiod as well as cold.

On top of my six year long relationship with a girl coming to an abrupt and senseless end less than a month ago, I have now learned that this girl, who I loved implicitly and cherished for so long, died this past Thursday as a result of what appear to be natural causes. She was my entire reason for moving to Arizona. I know nobody else here. Now it's just me and my confusion and despair. She will have a service of some kind in the coming week. Despite her untimely betrayal, I feel I must attend. She emailed me the night before she died, asking to talk out what happened like adults -- because I had blocked her for several weeks after what she did to to me -- and I didn't see the message until today because I was in the hospital. I lost my opportunity for closure.

Anyways, I'm not in a very good place, but life has to carry on -- at least for me. She was dealing with some mental health issues and she had long struggled with almost non-existent sleep as a result of PTSD following trauma when she was a teenager. I'm convinced she only hurt me because she misunderstood the situation and behaved impulsively. I know she loved me and I will always love her. A part of her will always be with me.

Sorry for all this sappy, dramatic shit. Not having the best of days. It was pure bliss for six long years...and then it was no more.

It's not a cliché: Keep the people you love close to you and treat each day as if it might be their (or your) last. Because you don't want to be like me right now...filled with regret and unanswered questions.

Thanks everyone. My life has been pretty much one ongoing tragedy, so I'm well equipped to handle what happens next. Thanks for all of your words of wisdom and thoughtful comments. I will, for sure, be headed back to Massachusetts. I long for the smell of a low tide on the Quincy and Hingham waterfronts, and to be close to the people who love me the most -- my parents and sister, brother-in-law and my nephew and soon-to-be niece. It's invigorating. I actually plan on trying to get into legit tree work. Maybe someday soon ya boy Knotorious won't be such a rec climber poser. He might be droppin' tops and smokin' ropes in a hood near you! A little foreshadowing for you...I'm on a mission. Back to Massachusetts where the trees live! F*ck the desert.

Okay, now this is personal. I just ordered from Panda Express for the second time in a week, SPECIFICALLY for the crab rangoon -- but of course I bought a bunch of other, less appetizing crap to eat with it. And lo and behold, when it shows up, for the second time in a week, they gave my THREE crab rangoon instead of TEN. Like, wtf am I even supposed to do with THREE crab rangoon?! That's completely unacceptable and it probably is a war crime somewhere in Asia. My god. So I didn't back down. I got a refund from Uber Eats and just ordered TWELVE more crab rangoon from some other Chinese noodle house or whatever the f*ck it is. This urge for rangoon needs well-deserved satiation. THREE rangoon? Get outta here with that nonsense.

Might be losing it. Keep an eye on me, boy and girls!

EDIT: That noodle house just canceled on me (I never have Uber Eats orders canceled by the vendor) and so I just found a third place. Wish me luck. I will have vengeance on the cream cheese rangoon (yes, they're fake; don't judge me)!

EDIT2: Turns out they cancelled on me too. Cheap assholes. Can't' make a man some well-deserved crab rangoon? Well, I won't be a patron of your establishments anymore! So I ended up ordering jalapeno poppers from a place called "Long Wong's." Ridiculous name, serious food, apparently.

EDIT3: Long Wong's was what I really needed. Wait. That sounded so wrong...

Last edited:
Today was Levi's 18th birthday. For a fun day, we took him to K1Speed and had a blast. He took his friend Troy. I did pretty good for an old man ;)
Electric go carts.
His buddy whooped me on the second heat. I got stuck in traffic and pit manuvered. Once out of the pack....
My first heat, they had an issue on the frst lap and then my accelerator stuck on no go. Made up for it though. :)
I was hoping the birthday boy would follow my line and team up with me. But he just wanted to pass the old man. :lol:

John and I removed 9 crispy dead spruce trees approximately 40-50’ tall and 16” approx dbh. Chipped up to 6” with debris to be raked on site and hauled logs out. This was part 2 of a 3 part job. We worked from 8:00am to 5:30 and were wiped

Attachments

• IMG_8133.jpeg
    IMG_8133.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8132.jpeg
    IMG_8132.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
My pager went off twice today, car crash and then the weekly 7pm test. We also use an app called BART.
There are still a few payphones in Tasmania, but they are free now. It was costing them too much to send someone out to clear the few dollars in them. They spent more money in fuel for the telco truck than what they could collect from a payphone.

My pager went off twice today, car crash and then the weekly 7pm test. We also use an app called BART.
There are still a few payphones in Tasmania, but they are free now. It was costing them too much to send someone out to clear the few dollars in them. They spent more money in fuel for the telco truck than what they could collect from a payphone.
Yeah, I think EMS still get paged over here as well. The only group I know of anymore who receives pages🤷‍♂️

I remembered how annoyed I was when I got a page, broke all my gear down, found a payphone, and then got a question about my timesheet from the secretary as a reward. I just quit responding to pages. Waste of my time.

Back