How'd it go today?

That's why I'm interested in it. It can be pulled by a normal truck, and doesn't take a ton of room. Jonny really liked his, and I trust his opinion. I have to spend a few minutes to see what it takes to bid on it. It's not terribly far from me. A little south of York PA; maybe 1.5hr drive.

Boss gave me a link to an auction that includes a Bandit 65xp chipper. Does this look interesting?

View attachment 134129
what motor? if it has a somewhat sizeable diesel, maybe 40HP or so, id buy it for <$6500
prefect size machine if you only do prunes or not much workflow so you have time to haul logs, truthfully if you do firewood then you don't want to chip anything bigger than what this will do anyways

it will suck on real wide stuff I bet tho, gonna have to cut almost every branch union so it'll pull them in, no crush cylinder and a narrow feed opening can lead to some frustration

I will say tho, get a 12" if you can afford it and don't look back

oh ok, atleast you found it before chipping it!

ever try this light? has a massive magnet mount and a really slick clamp setup on the back, light part turns and stuff too
1701477219797.png

This is how the day is going to go. Pick up the power steering line at Napa and install. Test drive truck in shop parking lot hopefully nothing else blows. Knock on wood. Plow shop, house, wife’s granddads place, plow moms house. Back to the apartment to reinstall a bathroom.

This is how the day is going to go. Pick up the power steering line at Napa and install. Test drive truck in shop parking lot hopefully nothing else blows. Knock on wood. Plow shop, house, wife’s granddads place, plow moms house. Back to the apartment to reinstall a bathroom.
Good luck. Oh, and happy belated birthday.

Routine day. Staked some road, asbuilt some stormwater management. Got my snus shipment today. That'll keep me in tobacco for the next year plus, though I have a few years stocked in the freezer, and if you count nasal snuff, I have tobacco for the rest of my life. I overbuy in case something stupid happens, and it becomes unavailable.

@stig Do you know what Columbia-Öl is? I've puzzled over this for years, and the term is absolutely unsearchable. I feel like it has something to do with trees, but could it simply be the paraffin base they use in modern schmaltzer? What brought it immediately to mind, is I always ask my boss if he wants some of whatever tobacco I'm using(he doesn't partake). It's usually phrased like "Do you want some vegetables? This smells like glaciers"(in this case). Others are vegetables that smell like Bavaria, taste like christmas, taste like tar, so on...

View attachment 134127
It is an aromatic oil, made from different herbs and spices.

Use Google translate on the article, it is a bit too long for me to want to translate

Thanks stig!

Helped Mike on a willow group removal today. We'll probably finish tomorrow. Mike did a great job climbing and cutting those bendy noodles. He was really up there, and handled it with aplomb. Got break in my new JetSled. I didn't haul debris, but it did a great job hauling all my crap to the site. Very happy with the purchase. Good day aside from the temps that are way too warm for December.

What does a new Bandit 65XP cost? Boss contacted the auction house, and they said it has 40 hours on it. That's almost brand new. I'm thinking it'll sell for more than I'm willing to spend, but I wanted an idea of what kind of prices I'd be looking at.

$10k is the figure I had in mind as a soft 'not to exceed'. I could go a bit higher, but I don't think I'd do $12k.
I paid $15K for a 12" with a cummins in really, really good shape besides paint and bent fenders, some small cracks in the hopper but nothing terrible

anything over 10K is too much for a 6" machine IMO
it will pay for itself but very slowly I think, obviously they are different machines to do a entirely different job so I wont compare them, but the price should reflect that

half the chipper, should be around half the price IMO, so 7K would be a good deal

Thanks stig!

Helped Mike on a willow group removal today. We'll probably finish tomorrow. Mike did a great job climbing and cutting those bendy noodles. He was really up there, and handled it with aplomb. Got break in my new JetSled. I didn't haul debris, but it did a great job hauling all my crap to the site. Very happy with the purchase. Good day aside from the temps that are way too warm for December.
John did a great job on ropes, send stuff up to my needy self, and keeping everything on the ground clear. It wasn’t the easiest job to be lowering on. A bit of pulling large pieces while letting out line. Not a lot of distance to slow things down while simultaneously not shock loading. Twas a good team effort

Back