How'd it go today?

im thinking he was drunk but its monday night so IDK (actually, IDK if dude drinks, so im probably wrong, doesnt strike me as someone that drinks a whole lot but messaging random people at 2am isnt something sober people do usually)

yeah i'm pissed, once I wake up there's no chance of me falling asleep, so i've been up for almost 7 hours and its just finally when i normally get up when I don't have work

Last edited:
2:31 am
A friend of a friend, somebody i've talked to one time before calls me, why? He wanted to B.S and cant sleep, so of course we chat for 30 minutes, problem is once I wake up I can't fall back asleep again, so I guess I'm hitting today on less than 2 hours of sleep

Moral of the story, don't stay up super late because you might get woke up at 2am for no reason
Moral of the story is don’t take the phone to bed.

I dont, the phones across the room on my desk charging, but I keep it on vibrate so during the days if I forget to turn my ringer on I will still hear calls, normally I sleep right through it but not this time

it is my work phone tho, when it rings it gets answered especially when other tree companies call for help, more so with storms like we had last night, I get midnight calls to help people often just how it is when works slow I start answering that phone a lot more

Had to go out and get some stuff for my daughter for thanksgiving. I pulled into the farm store for some fried yardbird, and there was a brandnew felling wedge part way in the road. I parked the truck, waited for traffic to settle for half a second, and grabbed it. Aside from getting hit by cars, it looks unused, and the cars installed what we in the biz call "wood grippers" :^D

IMG_20231122_154607568.jpg

While planting today, I found 2 old beer bottles that the trencher had brought up to the surface.
Took them home, cleaned them up and tried to date them from the markings on the bottom:

Hellerup Glassworks 1930-38.

So 90 years ago two loggers enjoyed a beer together and left the bottles in the woods.

My wife's youngest son collects beerbottles, so one is going with her to Schweiz tomorrow. 20231123_211016.jpg

is it just me, or does the bottom left wheel stud point to the right about 5 degrees?

how are those sockets? looks like the milwaukee set with the flat sides so they dont roll away, ive been wondering about them

The Milwaukee tools seem to be pretty good. I needed good storage so I wasn't searching for sockets, and I could tell if anything was missing.

There is some rust, yes, but the frame is actually very good on this rig. Should do a frame off on this thing, but don't have a place to do it.

That's a fine little buck! Good eatin too. Around here you can taste the difference in the species, whitetail tend to be gamey-er than the muleys. I reckon it's from slightly different feeding preferences/ preferences in area.

Anywho, nice one.

Back