How'd it go today?

Still not sure your motor is junk Brian. After it’s loaded I’d pull the injectors again and suck the oil off the pistons again. We’ve had machines be left on their sides for many hours and we’re locked up that came back to life after this. They might not have been running good but they ran.
Your reply and several others, along with a very good diesel mechanic all saying the same thing, I decided to listen. This morning I went back with the correct tools to clear the cylinders again. Took me about 15-20 minutes and it fired up! Blew a lot of smoke and I had to go buy 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid before I could move it, but she is home now and getting an oil change tomorrow (had to order the filter).

Thankfully the engine I purchased couldn't ship yesterday because they were in the middle of inventory so I was able to cancel that $7715 purchase this morning.
:big-jump::big-jump::big-jump::big-jump::big-jump::big-jump:

even if the engine needs rebuilt its cheap cheap, I just checked and for my D1803 Turbo its $400-700, should be the same for the one you have, 1105?

1.00 of that is just our state B. pretty sure of it. I had a sheet with all the break downs on it. If it exceeds our price here, like down in a major city, probably local taxes or justification for the more expensive brick and mortar.

So, did the sheriff arrest the gas station owner for theft?

I finally got around to putting a new cheapo ported cylinder on my chinese 660 after a year of sitting in pieces, and couldn't get the clutch off to clean in there, so I went to see how easily the oil pump worm gear turns, but I couldn't find the arm. I hadn't noticed any oiling problems last I used it, I don't think, but the arm must have bent or broke off. Now I have some penetrating oil on the clutch, and I might fire it up to put some heat in the clutch before trying to take it off again.

What works as a good clutch antiseize without having to run down to the store to buy antiseize? I wonder if blue loctite would work, or graphite powder. I sure don't want it backing off while in use, I have had that happen with other saws.

Last edited:
What works as a good clutch antiseize without having to run down to the store to buy antiseize? I wonder if blue loctite would work, or graphite powder. I sure don't want it backing off while in use, I have had that happen with other saws.
I’m a big blue Loctite fan. Never used anti size though. Heard of it plenty but never used it.

Marking out caissons for post alignment on the noisewall today. It isn't hard, but the work's tedious. Four marks around each can so they can pull strings to get the center. In places, the mud was over the tops of my boots, and my back was angry with me after awhile. Seems like we get rain when it's least convenient :^/

Every type of job has those days, I learned a long time ago. I cannot even remember how many of my supposedly idyllic field working days out in the forest were made miserable by the cold, rain, snow, wind, idiot people, lousy contract specs., poorly performing equipment, hard rocky steep ground, etc., etc., etc.

But enough of them WERE graced with nice weather, easy ground, lovely people, and proper equipment performance to keep me going back year after year.

Maybe tomorrow will be one of the grace days, John. I hope so.
;)

@lxskllr Sometimes it's best just to be grateful for our bad days because, without them, we wouldn't know what a good day looks and feels like.

Sounds corny, but it's absolutely accurate. Contrast can be a beautiful thing when assessed as the sum of all of its parts.

can you guys hold @Treeaddict in your prayers for me please, I have very bad news

he came across one of my posts on Tree Climbers Facebook Page, the comment section of said post may have given him brain damage and possibly a tumor, my apologies
please don't sue me for emotional damages Mr.Treeaddict

Ok...so our friend @Treeaddict does not have a brain tumor. Good to know, bad to joke about.

Sorry if my understanding of youngster humor is failing me.
1: youngster humor is garbage
2: my sense of humor is really dark

3: sorry, I should have added a sarcasm warning, he doesnt have a tumor that I know about

it is a joke that made sense to me an hour ago when I was hungry and about to fall asleep, now that im not hungry but very much about to fall asleep it makes no sense, you mustn't be hungry, B

Today is my one year anniversary on The Tree House!

(Okay, sooo...it’s coming up, but I’m too impulsive and way too disorganized to wait until the actual day and I’m worried I will forget to do this, so here it is...)

For better or for worse, I joined Oct 9, 2022, and I have been an active participant ever since. I have posted 1,039 messages and I have also learned quite a lot. I came here looking to use this forum as a repository of knowledge, insight, and imagery for my journey designing and developing friction hitches, and to promote my humble YouTube channel, and I have since come to spend a lot of my free time here socializing with all of you.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me learn about trees and tree climbing and everyone who has simply been a friend to me. I know that sometimes I’m not an easy person to get along with and nor am I always easy to understand. I appreciate everyone’s support and I wish more people knew about this forum because they are definitely missing out.

I want to give extra special thanks to a few people…

@Brocky Damn, man. No amount of verbiage can adequately express the amount of gratitude that I have for all of the time you spent teaching me and mentoring me about friction hitches and climbing in general. You are an absolute wealth of information and I am happy to have been taught a lot of it directly by you, a reputable production climber and fellow hitch connoisseur. You deserve my admiration and tons of respect.

@Fiddler You were the first and only person to formally reach out to me when I joined this forum and you offered to listen to me talk about my struggles because you found my life, in many areas, to be very relatable. I will never forget your selfless willingness to simply be a friend to someone you knew might need one. Rest in peace.

@lxskllr You have always been a solid friend and ally here. We may not always agree, but you have never lashed out or judged me. You seem to appreciate my stupid sense of humor and unusual antics more than most people and it’s really nice to see you support my comments, even if nobody else does. You’ve been a continuous, active follower of my hitch thread and that is really special for me. If nobody interacted with my thread, I’d probably lose interest and quit posting. So thank you for keeping me engaged. You’re also the only other hobby climber that I know of here (I’m sure there are more that are less active)..

@WoodCutr We became friends quite some time ago. You offered to help me learn how to splice, starting with something simple and easy: Tenex Tec. We also bonded over hitch cords and spectrum disorders, and you are always supportive and I fully appreciate it

@Burnham I appreciate your willingness to give me advice when I ask for it and for being understanding when it matters the most, instead of being judgmental. You’ve helped guide my decision making, helped me properly understand situations, and you are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to trees and climbing.

@Treeaddict You have continuously shown your support for my posts just as much as @lxskllr, and so I hereby knight you a Friend of Knotorious. You’re always there to reinforce the notion that, via a simple “like” of one of my comments, that you think I have worthwhile things to say and to share on this forum. Few people are as supportive of my contributions as you are, so thank you. I’m glad we are on the same wavelength.

@stig I don’t know you, but I feel like we see eye to eye on some issues. You’ve been a friend of my hitch thread and I feel like you have a ton of knowledge about the fields of tree climbing and logging. You seem like you’re a master of your craft. Your profile picture says it all. Respect.

@Bermy Once again, RESPECT. For you to have so much approbation in the field of arboriculture, especially as a female in a male-dominated occupation, you are worth paying attention to. You also seem to have a very interesting life in a very unique part of the world. Thank you for always being kind towards me.

@Mick! At first I thought you were an adversary, breaking my balls wherever you saw an opportunity. But more recently, when you helped me rediscover my old home, I felt like the energy between us changed. I was really appreciative of that. You can still break my balls if you see fit; I’m from Boston, MA. We practically wrote the book on breaking balls.

@davidwyby For taking the time to invite me to one of your tutorials in California. Not sure if this is still happening, but I am grateful, regardless, for the altruistic networking on your behalf since we live so closeby.

@gf beranek Thank you for listening to me rant at random via DM and for respecting me and my privacy. You are also a legitimate old schooler and you have an abundance of uniquely important and helpful information for the current climber, as well as copious quantities of useful and enjoyable-to-read personal anecdotes from the days of old.

@lumberjack You have always been so fair and just with matters regarding me cross posting between YouTube and this forum. In general, you seem to know what you’re doing and I appreciate everything you do to keep this forum alive and thriving.

There are many other names of people who have helped and inspired me and who have allowed me to feel confident enough to post on this forum. If you weren’t listed, I apologize. Just know that I did this off of the top of my head and I’m already super disorganized. Just know that you, too, are appreciated.

Here’s to another year with That Guy With The Face aka @Knotorious! I’m here to stay!

Last edited:
Back